Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

The internet/forum is very stange tonight. My photos actually are coming and going. If they are not here, then (maybe) they are on one of the other threads of the same name--which I did not post.

Hi Friends:

HAPPY NEW YEAR from London. We are having a great time. For those in the know, we are in the Millennium Gloucester--a very nice hotel in a very, very pleasant area. I had to have my car air freighted to get it here in time for the new year--4 hours from now. My friend, the Queen, helped me get my plates in time.

I have posted a few pics below of my car. Also, I have posted a few pics from the skating rink near the Victoria and Albert Musuem. The first photo is the best photo of me ever taken. Everyone but me is dressed as though we are at the North Pole. Wouldn't you know that a Yank from Phoenix would be the warmest-natured person in town.

P.S. I am using my traveling iBook, and oddly enough, I have never done any photo editinig with it. So, the skies are over exposed, etc. Indeed, I am not even postive if I managed to get the photos sized appropriately. Here goes; we'll see.
Attached Thumbnails Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-7.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-6.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-5.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-4.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-3.jpg  

Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-2.jpg   Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and-1.jpg  
Old 12-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Happy new year!!! Very nice pics!!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Happy New Year!!

Did you really have your car shipped to London or am I being had?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden' post='217734' date='Dec 31 2005, 03:34 PM
Happy new year!!! Very nice pics!!
Thanks mr d.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Lucky you!!! Those are some great pics!!! Anyway, have fun and a great New Years.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:02 PM
IMU
Contributors

Posted on your other thread...

Welcome to London.... and a happy new year!

Just about to hit the west-end - see you all in 2006
Old 12-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

hurah ! finally a nice car in the uk , with the steering wheel on the correct side
Old 12-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Happy New Year vnod! Looks like you are having fun----GREAT pics.

I showed them to my wife and now she's planning a trip to London!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Holy cow....you have it shipped to London??? for how much? Damn....I never knew it would be possible. I could ship mine to Germany next summer for fun who knows...
Old 12-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Happy New Year! London during the holidays is a magical time--they pull out all the stops. When we lived in Amsterdam years ago, we spent 5 days in London during the holiday season, and it was great (stayed at the Hyde Park hotel--if you have time for dinner in the restaurant overlooking Hyde Park, or at least for drinks in the lounge, highly recommended--but beware--it's down the street from Harrod's, where you can do serious wallet damage...). I'm jealous!

Quick Reply: Live from London: Hard to Get My Car Here So Fast and