Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Largest Street Gang in America

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='1065401' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:53 PM
Actually, you did......Thank You.
oh, alright! I honestly thought you were baiting me in to an intellectual battle. :wipes beads of sweat from forehead:

This document is far from perfect. Unlike the declaration of independence which in my opinion is one of the finest documents ever authored which has and will stand the test of time with regards to how it is interpreted, never wavering in its true meaning while maintaining the ability to be interpenetrated by ANYONE that reads it as appealing to them within the realm of their own ideology. The bill of rights I think was impossible to be written as such, thus the reasons for changes in the past. Obviously the nature of the declaration exempts it from having reason to be changed, I am specifically making reference to how generations will never have to attempt to interpret the document with question.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

Originally Posted by Big_Scot' post='1064922' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:23 AM
http://eclipptv.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=7086

Dont know if it is a repost but jeez glad i dont stay in the states.
This is one case where one rotten apple does NOT spoil the barrel. You are extrapolating a curve from a single datapoint. Millions worldwide get the wrong impression and draw erroneous conclusions about 'the states' from the media both here and abroad.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon' post='1065411' date='Dec 1 2009, 12:08 AM
This is one case where one rotten apple does NOT spoil the barrel. You are extrapolating a curve from a single datapoint. Millions worldwide get the wrong impression and draw erroneous conclusions about 'the states' from the media both here and abroad.
I agree wholeheartedly. I think the general disdain for law enforcement officials is atrocious and these kinds of videos perpetuate the continued intolerance by the general population of many fine brave men and women conducting a very difficult job. I hate to see videos like this.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Silber-grau/grau. Vanilla flavored except for cold WX pkg.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1065385' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:36 PM
The bill of rights IMO wasn't as eloquently authored as the declaration of independence per se , but they worked with what they had at the time...etc.
Concur. Well said!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Members

Smile

Most cops are dicks. They have a fat ass dick in their ass!!!! thinkin that they are better than everybody just because they hold a stupid badge!!!! I still remember gettin beat up by them when i was younger but no one know but just friends and family!!!!!!

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1065342' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:20 PM
Technically driving is a privilege, whereas bearing arms is a right, so they are not one in the same.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60 Bimmer' post='1065440' date='Dec 1 2009, 12:53 AM
Most cops are dicks. They have a fat ass dick in their ass!!!! thinkin that they are better than everybody just because they hold a stupid badge!!!! I still remember gettin beat up by them when i was younger but no one know but just friends and family!!!!!!

you sound like a stand up citizen
Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

It is natural for humans to rebel against authority - that's what got us into this whole "knowledge" business in the first place - it is as much a natural instinct to us as self-preservation. However, when either members of LE or members of the public cross the line and initiate violence - that's when it all goes to shit. That's why we need laws. Obey the law of rot in a non-Belgian jail cell - makes friggin' sense

Unless cops crash a Lambo:
Largest Street Gang in America-italian_police_crash_lamborghini_gallardo_100233916_s.jpg
in which case it is ok to organize a militia and storm the local Sheriff's office
Old 11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Contributors

does'nt make a diffrence if they outlaw guns or make them legal there is always a way to get your hands on one like weed is illegal yet on every street corner in nyc someone is selling same for epills coke guns machine guns heck even stolen exotic cars there will never be a way to control any of this...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Guys, I grew up in Russia in the 1980's and '90's. Guns were as illegal as they could be over there at that time. Guess what, EVERY soldier that had a chance to sell his AK-47 for a couple of bottles of Vodka and some cash without too much repercussions did it. And the kind of violent crimes that were everywhere in the 1990's in Russia makes Cosa Nostra look like a sewing circle! Yet, during the same period in the U.S. - where guns were [more] legal - how much violent crime was there? Availability of guns is not what spawns violence. Substandard living conditions, poverty, lack of education, absence of leadership in the community, disrespect toward elders (CRAIG! ) - that's what spawns violence. Abundance or shortage of guns is just a market condition, nothing more.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1065385' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:36 PM
The bill of rights IMO wasn't as eloquently authored as the declaration of independence per se , but they worked with what they had at the time. Basically, at the time it granted the American people the ability to organize against the government as a form of checks and balances. Over the course of time, the "right to keep and bear arms" has evolved in definition, just as our society has evolved. While I feel Americans should be able to maintain this right, I do believe sociological advancement has sort of brushed our founding fathers reasoning for the 2nd amendment to the side so to speak. We live in a world where taking away this right only threatens ones ability to protect themselves and their family from other individuals in society who fail to operate within the law, both traditional and contemporary. I don't think 2nd amendments text holds true (or reads as accurately) today as it did in 1789. Maybe a revision is long overdue?

So, a militia would be the American people forming against the US government, and well regulated refers to the laws in place to prevent misconduct and wrong doing under the rights in which the founding fathers granted. Of course, as time went on and weapon production increased and population increased it became harder to regulate although I think many state governments to the best job they can.

Somehow I dont really think I am telling you anything you don't know.
i do support the 'right to bear arms' since i do bear myself.
the idea i was throwing out there was not to regulate, but to educate.
Just like a drivers license says you have been certified to be able to operate the vehicle safely with others.
Wouldnt you agree that a requirement for SafetyTraining in weapons operations would be big benefit to the buyer as well as his neighbors?
Thats all i'm sayin...

Quick Reply: Largest Street Gang in America