Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Largest Street Gang in America

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1064944' date='Nov 30 2009, 07:17 AM
Listen here. If people want a gun....They will get a gun. It is as simple as that. Banning guns will have NOT prevent criminals from getting one. So that person who would shoot a cop would shoot a cop if guns were legal or illegal. A law abiding citizen who carries a firearm for his protection will not shoot a cop. A criminal will always be able to get his hands on a gun. This concept is pretty easy to
understand....but as soon as people hear the word "gun" they freak out and think that banning guns will make everything peaceful so we can hold hands around a camp fire and sing kumbaya.
+1 forreals
heres thought, you need a drivers license to drive rite? why not have a shooters license?
not just a gun license, but an actual license for the safe use and storage of a weapon.
The course should include safety, storage, kids and guns, home protection/hunting use.
just an idea...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1065281' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:36 PM
+1 forreals
heres thought, you need a drivers license to drive rite? why not have a shooters license?
not just a gun license, but an actual license for the safe use and storage of a weapon.
The course should include safety, storage, kids and guns, home protection/hunting use.
just an idea...
Well for a concealed carry permit you learn all of the above. But I agree that it would be a good idea to have such a course for home and car protection.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Big_Scot' post='1064922' date='Nov 30 2009, 07:23 AM
http://eclipptv.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=7086

Dont know if it is a repost but jeez glad i dont stay in the states.
Please keep in mind a proper perspective when judging America. We have more people in one city (Houston 5.7 mil) than you do in your entire country (5.1 mil).

We are a melting pot of the world in race and religion and immigrants. Scotland is chiefly homogenous.

You are in the minority when you say you are glad you don't live in the States. The US is the most sought after country for immigrant status, population wise, in the world.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1065321' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:51 PM
Please keep in mind a proper perspective when judging America. We have more people in one city (Houston 5.7 mil) than you do in your entire country (5.1 mil).

We are a melting pot of the world in race and religion and immigrants. Scotland is chiefly homogenous.

You are in the minority when you say you are glad you don't live in the States. The US is the most sought after country for immigrant status, population wise, in the world.

Well said
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='1065281' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:36 PM
+1 forreals
just an idea...
Technically driving is a privilege, whereas bearing arms is a right, so they are not one in the same.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1065342' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:20 PM
Technically driving is a privilege, whereas bearing arms is a right, so they are not one in the same.
Does "A well regulated Militia,......" mean anything and if it does, what? BTW I'm not looking for a fight, I'm a Naturalized Citizen and don't get this part.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Vato's Locos Forever!
Attached Thumbnails Largest Street Gang in America-vatoslocosforever.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1065379' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:29 PM
Vato's Locos Forever!
Looks like another photo worthy of some photoshopping -- maybe it can become the new 5 Series.net Village People?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='1065362' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:52 PM
Does "A well regulated Militia,......" mean anything and if it does, what? BTW I'm not looking for a fight, I'm a Naturalized Citizen and don't get this part.
The bill of rights IMO wasn't as eloquently authored as the declaration of independence per se , but they worked with what they had at the time. Basically, at the time it granted the American people the ability to organize against the government as a form of checks and balances. Over the course of time, the "right to keep and bear arms" has evolved in definition, just as our society has evolved. While I feel Americans should be able to maintain this right, I do believe sociological advancement has sort of brushed our founding fathers reasoning for the 2nd amendment to the side so to speak. We live in a world where taking away this right only threatens ones ability to protect themselves and their family from other individuals in society who fail to operate within the law, both traditional and contemporary. I don't think 2nd amendments text holds true (or reads as accurately) today as it did in 1789. Maybe a revision is long overdue?

So, a militia would be the American people forming against the US government, and well regulated refers to the laws in place to prevent misconduct and wrong doing under the rights in which the founding fathers granted. Of course, as time went on and weapon production increased and population increased it became harder to regulate although I think many state governments to the best job they can.

Somehow I dont really think I am telling you anything you don't know.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1065385' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:36 PM
The bill of rights IMO wasn't as eloquently authored as the declaration of independence per se , but they worked with what they had at the time. Basically, at the time it granted the American people the ability to organize against the government as a form of checks and balances. Over the course of time, the "right to keep and bear arms" has evolved in definition, just as our society has evolved. While I feel Americans should be able to maintain this right, I do believe sociological advancement has sort of brushed our founding fathers reasoning for the 2nd amendment to the side so to speak. We live in a world where taking away this right only threatens ones ability to protect themselves and their family from other individuals in society who fail to operate within the law, both traditional and contemporary. I don't think 2nd amendments text holds true (or reads as accurately) today as it did in 1789. Maybe a revision is long overdue?

So, a militia would be the American people forming against the US government, and well regulated refers to the laws in place to prevent misconduct and wrong doing under the rights in which the founding fathers granted. Of course, as time went on and weapon production increased and population increased it became harder to regulate although I think many state governments to the best job they can.

Somehow I dont really think I am telling you anything you don't know.
Actually, you did......Thank You.

Quick Reply: Largest Street Gang in America