Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just My Luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='899993' date='Jun 4 2009, 03:06 AM
They couldn't find a problem, but my SA was nice enough to have them service the transmission (change the fluids etc.) I have aftermarket warranty (Mercury) till 100,000, i took the car in at 99,800. So anyways, yesterday I get a Transmission malfunction error and i take the car back in and they say i need a new Transmission and guess what im at 100,200 miles. Now my Warranty company says they won't cover it.
Of course the warranty is on.

The service has a responsibility for some 3 months at least, 400 miles is nothing.

If they mess with you, sue them!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='909348' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:43 AM
Crevier rocks! That's where I bought my E39, when I lived in SF.

Anyway, good luck Steven!
Before this, I never had a problem with Crevier, my old Service Adviser, who is now a Manager, took great care of me. I always tips him 50 - 100 bucks when I bring my car in. So now he is taking it into his own hands and trying to work it out for me.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='909353' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:46 AM
Before this, I never had a problem with Crevier, my old Service Adviser, who is now a Manager, took great care of me. I always tips him 50 - 100 bucks when I bring my car in. So now he is taking it into his own hands and trying to work it out for me.

Good luck with it. Hopefully they make it right for you. Keep us updated.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='909363' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:50 AM
Good luck with it. Hopefully they make it right for you. Keep us updated.
thanks, they are still working it out with Mercury. I purchased the Mercury warranty (Platinum Package, it covers more stuff) through Crevier, so hopefully they work something out.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='909346' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:42 AM
actually no, they are willing to pay $1000 of it not me pay 1000, I would settle for that in heart beat. All they did to diagnose the problem was hook it up to their computer and read codes, and there was no error code. They did service my transmission(change the transmission fluid and replace some other stuff). How do you know that they didn't mess up the transmission while doing that? If it was fine before they serviced it and then it broke after they serviced it (about a week), should they not warranty their work? Also Mercury said if Crevier had told them that I complained about my Transmission when I brought it in the first time, they would have covered it even after the warranty ended since it was so close, but Crevier didn't.

On a side note, the Service Advisor that was taking care of me when I originally brought my car in for the transmission problem is now fired, apparantly a lot of people including me complained about him. He was new, my normal Service Advisor had gotten promoted to a manager, and he should have paid more attention to the matter, I had even called in to make sure they could re-create my problem, which they did, but the computer just did not read a fault code.
Damn, my bad I thought you pay $1000.
And dealers usually do what you described. Hook it up on the computer to see any fault codes, nothing? Your car is normal.
You will have to ask a tech to test drive the car with you.
It will be very difficult to break your transmission while changing ATF and AT filter. In fact, it's impossible unless they put
wrong fluid or below min level(that would trigger the sensor).

You wrote that Mercury would cover it if Crevier told them you complained about the tranny, wouldn't it service records/invoice
you received has written down something like "customer complained about transmission being _____, unable to duplicate at this time"
along the line? Wouldn't it be enough proof for Mercury to cover it? Why would they want to hear directly from Crevier? And Crevier
can't lie to Mercury as it records what you serviced. And your tranny was serviced. That's enough for either Crevie or Mercury to cover your tranny.
Fax that invoice to them and fight it!!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uheenada' post='909378' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:58 AM
Damn, my bad I thought you pay $1000.
And dealers usually do what you described. Hook it up on the computer to see any fault codes, nothing? Your car is normal.
You will have to ask a tech to test drive the car with you.
It will be very difficult to break your transmission while changing ATF and AT filter. In fact, it's impossible unless they put
wrong fluid or below min level(that would trigger the sensor).

You wrote that Mercury would cover it if Crevier told them you complained about the tranny, wouldn't it service records/invoice
you received has written down something like "customer complained about transmission being _____, unable to duplicate at this time"
along the line? Wouldn't it be enough proof for Mercury to cover it? Why would they want to hear directly from Crevier? And Crevier
can't lie to Mercury as it records what you serviced. And your tranny was serviced. That's enough for either Crevie or Mercury to cover your tranny.
Fax that invoice to them and fight it!!
Yeah, Crevier has it documented that I complained about the the transmission, they even put a call into BMW NA about the harsh and slow shifting, apparently BMW NA told them it was normal (or at least thats what the service advisor told me(the one that got fired),they still didn't report it to Mercury, I think that's what they are arguing about now.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='909434' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, Crevier has it documented that I complained about the the transmission, they even put a call into BMW NA about the harsh and slow shifting, apparently BMW NA told them it was normal (or at least thats what the service advisor told me(the one that got fired),they still didn't report it to Mercury, I think that's what they are arguing about now.
Good Luck Steven.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='909434' date='Jun 12 2009, 11:30 AM
If you search this forum, you can find the ID who can pass the word on to BMWNA. He/she seems very nice
and always willing to work out something. Not sure the ID but something BMWNA I think. PM him/her.
I heard this route is better than just calling BMWNA straight up.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Contributors

*UPDATE*

So they REFUSE to pay for it. Crevier said if I pay for the transmission they will do the install for free, but that's not good enough for me. This is seriously making me think about not ever owning a BMW again. My fiancee also has a 335i too but now I want her to sell that and get a different car. I think this will be our last BMW, this experience has made me really hate BMW. I'm only 27 right now, if this had not of happened I probably would be owning BMWs till the day I die, oh well, their loss. Looks like next car will be a leased MBZ. I think I will be leasing from now on, so I don't have to worry about these stupid problems. Lesson Learned.

In the mean time, I will contact my attorney and see what I can do. The California Bureau of Automotive Repair has also been checking in on me to make sure everything was ok and to let them know what Crevier does about it. They will get a call in the morning. I will put another call into BMW NA although I doubt that will help at all.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='917338' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:21 PM
*UPDATE*

So they REFUSE to pay for it. Crevier said if I pay for the transmission they will do the install for free, but that's not good enough for me. This is seriously making me think about not ever owning a BMW again. My fiancee also has a 335i too but now I want her to sell that and get a different car. I think this will be our last BMW, this experience has made me really hate BMW. I'm only 27 right now, if this had not of happened I probably would be owning BMWs till the day I die, oh well, their loss. Looks like next car will be a leased MBZ. I think I will be leasing from now on, so I don't have to worry about these stupid problems. Lesson Learned.

In the mean time, I will contact my attorney and see what I can do. The California Bureau of Automotive Repair has also been checking in on me to make sure everything was ok and to let them know what Crevier does about it. They will get a call in the morning. I will put another call into BMW NA although I doubt that will help at all.

Don't dismiss BMW yet, sure Crevier and the warranty company didn't do right by you, but your Bimmer gave you years of good service. See what BMWNA can do for ayou along with your atty and the state. I think what you're going through is ridiculous, but it could've happened with any make.

Quick Reply: Just My Luck