Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just My Luck

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

wow steven that blows big time! fuc$ers!!! even if this works out in your favor and they do end up fixing it for ya.. forget that dealership! tell them to kiss your ass.. and say bye bye to your cars! i would be furious.. stay calm and like dave said try to be persuasive and polite.. yet stern.. keep updating us
Old 06-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Suck City man....Hopefully BMWNA can work something out. Good Luck!

My friends have never been happy with Crevier's service, both sales and service. I'm sure some people have good experiences, but that seems less often then not.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='905894' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:09 PM
I def. will spread the word across forums

Hey, if you find one used or rebuilt and need some help putting it in, I'd be willing to lend a hand. Haven't done an E60 yet, but I've replaced somewhere around 50 tranny's in my day, so I've learned a thing or 3.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Contributors

OH NOES!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Custom Matt White Paint by PLATINUM VIP | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | 6 Speed Manual | Premium Sound | Oem ///M5 Front Bumper | Oem ///M5 Rear Bumper | OEM ///M5 Side Skirts | Oem ///M5 Trunk Finisher | Oem ///M5 Fenders | 20% Tint | Vip Modular Wheels | 21x9.5 F | 21 x11 R | Magnaflow Exhaust | AAA Oval Tips | RPI Scoops | KW V2 Coilovers | Predator Ice V2 Angel Eyes | LED Side Turn Signal Markers ( Smoked ) Cross Drilled Rotors | CF Engine cover | Axxis Deluxe Break Pads | K&N Drop in

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='905792' date='Jun 9 2009, 03:19 PM
UPDATE: BMW will not cover the replacement, they offered to pay 1000 of it. FUCK CREVIER BMW. They lost all my current business and my future business. Never again will I take my E60 and E92 to them. Anyone else have any clue to what else I can do, I'm waiting for a call back from my Service Adviser's Manager's Manager now. Next step is to contact the California Bureau of Automtive Repair. Then go in to the dealership and raise some hell in front of their other customers.
thats really sucks steven ... good luck with it ... hope everything works out !!!! if not "raise hell " !!!!!!! ...
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

It seems obvious to me that you are in this position now because Crevier misdiagnosed your transmission problem on your first visit. If they had diagnosed the problem properly, you were under warranty at that time and it would have been covered. To me, Crevier is liable here. I would contact BMWNA and explain the problem. If this doesn't work, I would definitely consult an attorney.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good luck bro
Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG

Wait let me get this straight as what OP said as replies are a bit confusing me.

So, you have had an aftermarket warranty with Mercury and you brought your car in
at just before warranty expires and Crevier BMW diagnosed that tranny is fine. Then couple
more hundred miles later your tranny is completely shot and needs a replacement.

Well, first, you do not have factory warranty and those aftermarket warranty companies are VERY
cold hearted. Very little chance to get a good will repair.
Also a lot of people are telling to seek a legal advise and I'm pretty sure you can't win this one.
Just because you brought in right before warranty expires doesn't mean you get a freebie couple weeks later when your warranty is up.
Those are usually for the dealer's descretion for good will repair. In fact, you like it or not, the dealer took a look at it and
concluded that it is OK. Hard to win that fight legally as you never got 2nd opinion from the experts. You can't prove they
misdiagnosed because you can't compare with anything, and Crevier BMW DID diagnosed and came out OK.

So, legally and technically Mercury warranty do not have any obligations to fix your car. AND Crevier dealer got has nothing
to do with this as OP has AFTERMARKET warranty. Maybe Crevier dealer just never paid attention to what they do or
it could be that the tranny worked fine when a tech test drove it(like always, when you bring your car in all of sudden it works wonderfully).
Crevier has done their job.

Yes it sucks and I'm feeling yah. However, you wrote somewhere that you will have to pay $1000 to replace the tranny.
That's very good price to get a new tranny and very generous for Mercury and your SA to push this. You are getting a heck of
deal to replace the transmission for $1000. In fact, Crevier BMW pushed this much for you. They morally took responsibility
and did what they can do best. It sucks but at least they are willing to help you.
I would probably settle with this as even if you can win by legal actions, it will take months plus fees, hassle, etc probably not worth it.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by uheenada' post='909237' date='Jun 12 2009, 09:26 AM
Wait let me get this straight as what OP said as replies are a bit confusing me.

So, you have had an aftermarket warranty with Mercury and you brought your car in
at just before warranty expires and Crevier BMW diagnosed that tranny is fine. Then couple
more hundred miles later your tranny is completely shot and needs a replacement.

Well, first, you do not have factory warranty and those aftermarket warranty companies are VERY
cold hearted. Very little chance to get a good will repair.
Also a lot of people are telling to seek a legal advise and I'm pretty sure you can't win this one.
Just because you brought in right before warranty expires doesn't mean you get a freebie couple weeks later when your warranty is up.
Those are usually for the dealer's descretion for good will repair. In fact, you like it or not, the dealer took a look at it and
concluded that it is OK. Hard to win that fight legally as you never got 2nd opinion from the experts. You can't prove they
misdiagnosed because you can't compare with anything, and Crevier BMW DID diagnosed and came out OK.

So, legally and technically Mercury warranty do not have any obligations to fix your car. AND Crevier dealer got has nothing
to do with this as OP has AFTERMARKET warranty. Maybe Crevier dealer just never paid attention to what they do or
it could be that the tranny worked fine when a tech test drove it(like always, when you bring your car in all of sudden it works wonderfully).
Crevier has done their job.

Yes it sucks and I'm feeling yah. However, you wrote somewhere that you will have to pay $1000 to replace the tranny.
That's very good price to get a new tranny and very generous for Mercury and your SA to push this. You are getting a heck of
deal to replace the transmission for $1000. In fact, Crevier BMW pushed this much for you. They morally took responsibility
and did what they can do best. It sucks but at least they are willing to help you.
I would probably settle with this as even if you can win by legal actions, it will take months plus fees, hassle, etc probably not worth it.
actually no, they are willing to pay $1000 of it not me pay 1000, I would settle for that in heart beat. All they did to diagnose the problem was hook it up to their computer and read codes, and there was no error code. They did service my transmission(change the transmission fluid and replace some other stuff). How do you know that they didn't mess up the transmission while doing that? If it was fine before they serviced it and then it broke after they serviced it (about a week), should they not warranty their work? Also Mercury said if Crevier had told them that I complained about my Transmission when I brought it in the first time, they would have covered it even after the warranty ended since it was so close, but Crevier didn't.

On a side note, the Service Advisor that was taking care of me when I originally brought my car in for the transmission problem is now fired, apparantly a lot of people including me complained about him. He was new, my normal Service Advisor had gotten promoted to a manager, and he should have paid more attention to the matter, I had even called in to make sure they could re-create my problem, which they did, but the computer just did not read a fault code.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Crevier rocks! That's where I bought my E39, when I lived in SF.

Anyway, good luck Steven!

Quick Reply: Just My Luck