Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Join fake military lately?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
lol exactly....why cant i come up with shit like this
Something tells me, you will...

Originally Posted by pjinca
Oooh, ooh, can I be a General?
Generalissimus!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Old 04-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M-Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Dakota Black Leather, Professional Nav. Hardwired Road Angel + Laser, De-Swirl Flapped!!

Although I can't even begin to condone fraud, you have to quietly admire the ingenuity of some of these criminals. With their ability to make money from such a small start-up cost, it makes you wonder if we'd be in such a financial kafufful if they were running the country.

There was a story in the papers here a couple years back regarding the theft of 7 high-end cars in central London. Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari - a proper 'gone in 60 seconds' venture. Were these guys master craftsmen with the ability to get into the cars, disarm all the anti-theft devices and drive off without being noticed on a busy city street? Heck no. They broke into the impound yard, stole a tow truck, and in their reflective coats as blatant as could be, lifted the cars in full view of the public and police.

I don't condone their actions, but you have to admire the balls they have to do that.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by danno530
Although I can't even begin to condone fraud, you have to quietly admire the ingenuity of some of these criminals. With their ability to make money from such a small start-up cost, it makes you wonder if we'd be in such a financial kafufful if they were running the country.

There was a story in the papers here a couple years back regarding the theft of 7 high-end cars in central London. Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari - a proper 'gone in 60 seconds' venture. Were these guys master craftsmen with the ability to get into the cars, disarm all the anti-theft devices and drive off without being noticed on a busy city street? Heck no. They broke into the impound yard, stole a tow truck, and in their reflective coats as blatant as could be, lifted the cars in full view of the public and police.

I don't condone their actions, but you have to admire the balls they have to do that.
Oh, pah-lease, bro! Russians in New York have sold the Brooklyn Bridge painting project to potential Eastern European investors AND privatized the toll booths on the NJ turnpike, selling booths to investors from - you guessed it - Eastern Europe. Both scams netted several million dollars each. You've GOTTA admire the BALLS on those guys, hiring a bunch of Mexicans, giving them brushes, paints and all kinds of equipment, and getting them to actually start painting the Brooklyn Bridge - all the while, not having ANY kind of permits; then bringing the investors there, showing them how those painters are working and saying "we need x amount of money to complete the project, and when the city pays us, we'll pay you back with interest".

This guy with the fake military? Meh... small taters, brother
Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by craigm1841
haha. When I see someone wearing one, they lose all credibility in my eyes. We have one guy at work that swears by it. I recently tried to sell him a magic towel from the kitchen.

I guess it is just a matter of making people believe, and to do that, you need something fascinating and awe-inspiring like a sticker with a hologram on it to convince people that it operates at a certian frequency. Little did he know, the food stains on the towel operate at the same frequency as slot machines, and he could have won a million dollars at the seminole hard rock.
I was kidding lol. Those things are the biggest hustle since... Hustling.