Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='588848' date='May 26 2008, 09:33 PM
Compared to the traditional private jets, this new class of jet, called a "very light jet" (or VLJ), costs a fraction of the larger ones.

Take a look here for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_light_jet

and here for prices:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_very_light_jets
Thanks Rudy! That second link's a great resource for these jets, love the fact that it includes basic pricing. My co-worker, being a pilot, and I had a conversation about repossessed planes. I've tried searching for a listing, similar to foreclosed homes, but had no luck. Any tips? Does this list even exist?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='588854' date='May 26 2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks Rudy! That second link's a great resource for these jets, love the fact that it includes basic pricing. My co-worker, being a pilot, and I had a conversation about repossessed planes. I've tried searching for a listing, similar to foreclosed homes, but had no luck. Any tips? Does this list even exist?
I can't say I know how to help you find repossessed aircraft but I will say that the VLJ is supposed to revolutionize the way many of us (or most of us) travel in the future. Because the VLJ is much less expensive to operate (and acquire), many smaller companies will be able to afford ownership (or a fractional ownership) of one. In addition to these savings, the size of these jets allow them to land at many smaller airports that can not only put you closer to your destination but also save money in landing fees, etc.

Also, it's been speculated that if four (or more) people charter a VLJ for a trip, the cost per person may end up being very close to what they'd pay for a coach-class ticket on a commercial flight (but without all the airport hassles.) I can only hope that this speculation turns out to be true because once you experience private jet travel, it's very hard to go back!

I'd love to hear more opinions from some of the aviation experts here...