Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Jaguar XJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it.

Is this the concept or final production version XJ????

Lets hope this is final version. Not like the XF where they took the prototypes and completely ruined it with a bland front end on the production version. Put these headlights on the XF and they have a winner.

Here is how they F'd up the XF (It went from HOT to BORING!):
Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XJ-jaguar_c_xf_concept.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Contributors

I like it though
Im sure the real car will turn out great.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='938148' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:31 PM
I like it.

Is this the concept or final production version XJ????

Lets hope this is final version. Not like the XF where they took the prototypes and completely ruined it with a bland front end on the production version. Put these headlights on the XF and they have a winner.

Here is how they F'd up the XF (It went from HOT to BORING!):
It's the real deal - this is indeed the production car.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by siu0410' post='938157' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:45 PM
Im sure the real car will turn out great.
You're looking at it!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

you know, guys, the more I look at that back, the more I hate it...

Jaguar XJ-xj3.jpg

too ... next gen Buick laCrosse...

Jaguar XJ-2008_buick_lacrosse_ext_3.jpg
Old 07-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='938148' date='Jul 10 2009, 01:31 AM
...like the XF where they took the prototypes and completely ruined it with a bland front end on the production version...
I SOOO agree with you!!! And they fvcked up the sides too - the concept had a beautiful muscular very "Jaguar" side - it looked like a sculpture. The production verion is slab-sided and is completely different. Just goes to show you that even the most gorgeous concept car can be "Ford'ified" for production with the right amount of cost-cuutting...

anyway, good point, man
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='938160' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:48 PM
It's the real deal - this is indeed the production car.
Thats good to hear.

I like the car. A cross of the Quattroporte and Continental Flying Spur.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by vlad_b' post='937812
It's a stunning piece of design - Callum has done exactly what he promised he'd do. It looks nothing like the legacy XJ, but at the same time the styling cues are appropriately reminiscent of the legacy XJ. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - but to mine, he's hit a home run. I'd also suspect that this is another design that looks better in the flesh than in photographs. Given the lazy restyle of the last generation XJ, this one had to be a game changer - and for Jaguar, I think it is. The old XJ performed much better than it looked. This one will check all the right boxes. I like it.
Callum can't move away from his designs much. From the aston to jag, its always nearly the same lines. Is callum the best they have as designer? Car doesn't work for me. PErhaps Callum did the front and left the rear for TATA designers.

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='938166' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:53 AM
you know, guys, the more I look at that back, the more I hate it...

Attachment 83995

too ... next gen Buick laCrosse...

Attachment 83996
Just think,... for all the jag designs that have been coming out, are they outselling the Mercs?? BMW?? Audi??. Its typical of the local media here in UK to praise the Jag and ford models sky high. When the Stype came here, they were going on and on and on about it, but today after years of selling the car, I hardly see it on the road. That front and back are UGLY and its only a few that will support the brand. Most will laugh it off.

sorry but thats my opinion of these cars. They really need to sack the folk that sign on the line to approve the designs for production. They should be shot!. No clue what the majority like and for a car company thats in the red, this is the wrong business plan for now.

cheers
Old 07-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='937995' date='Jul 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Ultimately, I really don't care much for Jaguar. I don't like to stereotype cars but they such middle aged woman cars that I can't see myself in one and chuckle inside every time I see a middle aged man driving one. The ride is too soft and any 'racing' heritage is history.
I did an extensive test drive of a XF Supercharged in March when I got my 550. I am a handling nut and I did not think the ride was soft at all. I thought it was firm and well-controlled. It was nothing like a Lexus ride. Was it as firm as my 550i Sport? No. But it was no soft either. The ride was very responsive.

Would I ever have gotten a XF over the 550? No way. But I think it is a credible performer and did not ride like an old person's car like most Lexus models do.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='938234' date='Jul 10 2009, 04:21 AM
Just think,... for all the jag designs that have been coming out, are they outselling the Mercs?? BMW?? Audi??. Its typical of the local media here in UK to praise the Jag and ford models sky high. When the Stype came here, they were going on and on and on about it, but today after years of selling the car, I hardly see it on the road. That front and back are UGLY and its only a few that will support the brand. Most will laugh it off.

sorry but thats my opinion of these cars. They really need to sack the folk that sign on the line to approve the designs for production. They should be shot!. No clue what the majority like and for a car company thats in the red, this is the wrong business plan for now.

cheers
well, it still looks way better than, say, an X6 to me

And the back of the 5er GT? Don't EVEN get me started on that chit

Quick Reply: Jaguar XJ