Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Italian GP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by madoon' post='333022' date='Sep 10 2006, 02:59 PM
bettermakeway...im not gonna bet (no point, as im too far away)..
but i hope schumi wins it.. alonso is no where near schumi, in any way.... and has VERY long way if he wants to be compared to him...
ok so after his retirement perhaps ferrari will go down a bit (this is not sure, nobody knows the future)... but this is because of his high level of ability...
even you who hate schumi,,,which is alright as i know ALOT of people who do, CAN'T deny that he is extermely talented and skilled...
weather alonso deserved or not doesnt matter anymore he got the penalty, and we are certinally not the ones who decide... and our opinion does not matter... and i dont think that the italians are the ones who do these kinds of decision as it takes probably something like a hundred people to accept the decision, and i think that if alonso thinks his penalty is unfair he will speak out and appeal the decison...other wise, it will go ahead...
That's the trouble - in practice what happened to Alonso is essentially unappealable. Also, the decision itself isn't something that had input from hundreds of people, the race is under the care and management of a relatively small group of Ferrari employees race officials. If there were hundreds we'd never see any decisions. Maybe that's what we need to suggest!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

the thing is i expect u alonso fans to complain..
i certinally would complain all year (probably till the next decade) if it happened to schumi...im just thankfull hes still in the championship....
Old 09-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='333022' date='Sep 11 2006, 12:59 AM
bettermakeway...im not gonna bet (no point, as im too far away)..
but i hope schumi wins it.. alonso is no where near schumi, in any way.... and has VERY long way if he wants to be compared to him...
ok so after his retirement perhaps ferrari will go down a bit (this is not sure, nobody knows the future)... but this is because of his high level of ability...
even you who hate schumi,,,which is alright as i know ALOT of people who do, CAN'T deny that he is extermely talented and skilled...
weather alonso deserved or not doesnt matter anymore he got the penalty, and we are certinally not the ones who decide... and our opinion does not matter... and i dont think that the italians are the ones who do these kinds of decision as it takes probably something like a hundred people to accept the decision, and i think that if alonso thinks his penalty is unfair he will speak out and appeal the decison...other wise, it will go ahead...
The bet thing was more of a joke, and no 100$ bills will start flying
I really hope alonso wins it and not beacause i hate schumi but because i would want his ass handed to him in the ultimate style. Exactly when he wants it more When all the "bad luck" is against his rival it only makes alonso even more focused and eager to win. We'll see.

No one sane enough can deny schumy's talent and skill. In fact you need a superdriver like him to set the pole high enough for the competition. He is a legend and no-one denys that. Alonso may very well never become like him, to reach his level but at least now he is good enough to cause him problems and even steal his title exatly when he wants it more. That's enough for me now. Who knows what will happen in F1 over 5 years?! But from this to everyone to kiss his behind just because he was number 1 so many years in a row, and to allow him so many unfair situations it's long way. Not only allowing some incidents that helped schumy with the points in time but now to start working on his direct adversaries?! Hmmm...fair play right?

Of course my opinion doesn't matter, or any other member on the forum but that doesn't mean we have to discuss only things that matter or things that we can change.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='333028' date='Sep 11 2006, 01:36 AM
the thing is i expect u alonso fans to complain..
i certinally would complain all year (probably till the next decade) if it happened to schumi...im just thankfull hes still in the championship....
Yeah but with this way of thinking...really now where would f1 head to? Just a thought. If we aren't capable to at least addmit that what happened was wrong and not fair, and stuff like this. If it would have happened to schumy i wouldn't feel sorry for him at all but that doesn't mean i would close my eyes and pretend nothing happened, and if it did it's the referee's decision and so be it.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

you only remmber the times that schumi got away with it,,,what about all the times that he didnt..dont u remmeber those? not just this year but through his carrer there have been many times when he was punished.. when you do mistakes you will get punished doesnt matter who you are...
Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='333137' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:25 AM
you only remmber the times that schumi got away with it,,,what about all the times that he didnt..dont u remmeber those? not just this year but through his carrer there have been many times when he was punished.. when you do mistakes you will get punished doesnt matter who you are...
Of course. I don't remember because there was a time since i quit watching f1. 2-3 seasons at least when ferrari and schumy ruled and it was really boring.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:57 AM
Members

Ferrari must have reported Alonso to the stewards, who then made the wrong decision. They will stoop to any level to gain an advantage, but I guess that is what makes them winners. It is incidents like this that have soured the reputation the 'sport' in general. It sure ruined yesterdays race.
I expect that this years championship will be decided in a courtroom, if this travesty affects the outcome.
I'm just off to cancel my order for my new Ferrari!!.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Uk525i' post='333150' date='Sep 11 2006, 01:57 PM
Ferrari must have reported Alonso to the stewards, who then made the wrong decision. They will stoop to any level to gain an advantage, but I guess that is what makes them winners. It is incidents like this that have soured the reputation the 'sport' in general. It sure ruined yesterdays race.
I expect that this years championship will be decided in a courtroom, if this travesty affects the outcome.
I'm just off to cancel my order for my new Ferrari!!.

Massa filed a complain to the stewards, claiming that he was slown down by alonso on the hot lap. RUBBISH RUBBISH he couldn't even pass heidfeld in the race and everyone can see that he was way back from alonso in the hot lap to get obstructed by him.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi Build: Sep 2005 Del: May 2006 Ti Silver | Black | Premium Pkg. | Cold Weath. | Step | Xenon Adapt.

The credibility of F1 is gone, thanks to Bernie and Max. I understand their desire to build up Ferrari to keep the tifosi happy. A strong Scuderia definitely pull in more money for those guys. But the inept local officials, outright "home team" bias evident in many situations (in Germany as well as Italy) and transparent manipulations of regulations (mass dampers, anyone?) lead one to think this is much more a NASCAR like entertainment spectacle than the top level of racing.

When Schumi first started winning and dispalying his talent at Benneton, he seemed so refreshing and enthusiastic. Who knows how things might have turned out had Senna lived to battle him but maybe also mentor him in the ways of being the face of F1? (I sensed Senna was mellowing and changing for the better without Prost to act as his foil.) Along the line, Michael's compulsion to win led him to some rather unsportsmanlike behavior, as Hill, Villeneueve and Alonso just this year at Monaco can attest. No one can deny his records, and he clearly had exactly the right tools to be the dominant driver of his generation. Not just in the cockpit, but his business and political acumen. He made Ferrari over into HIS team, with HIS people. (Will Byrne and Brawn and Todt stay or will Kimi have a whole new team to work with?) But it all seemed so joyless, sterile, professional, ruthless.

It seemed a very anti-climactic retirement announcement, very unemotional and business like, and overshadowed by the latest controversy and ongoing intrigues. Perhaps this is indeed a fitting denouement to Schumi's career. It will leave his fans and the tifosi delirious with anticipation of another championship to add to the legend, and the supporters of his rivals unconvinced and unhappy, while Bernie and Max will go count the money. Here's hoping next year is more about sport, and interesting battles between Kimi, Fernando, and a renewal at BMW wiith Vettel and Kubica.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VIIV' post='333318' date='Sep 11 2006, 10:44 PM
The credibility of F1 is gone, thanks to Bernie and Max. I understand their desire to build up Ferrari to keep the tifosi happy. A strong Scuderia definitely pull in more money for those guys. But the inept local officials, outright "home team" bias evident in many situations (in Germany as well as Italy) and transparent manipulations of regulations (mass dampers, anyone?) lead one to think this is much more a NASCAR like entertainment spectacle than the top level of racing.

When Schumi first started winning and dispalying his talent at Benneton, he seemed so refreshing and enthusiastic. Who knows how things might have turned out had Senna lived to battle him but maybe also mentor him in the ways of being the face of F1? (I sensed Senna was mellowing and changing for the better without Prost to act as his foil.) Along the line, Michael's compulsion to win led him to some rather unsportsmanlike behavior, as Hill, Villeneueve and Alonso just this year at Monaco can attest. No one can deny his records, and he clearly had exactly the right tools to be the dominant driver of his generation. Not just in the cockpit, but his business and political acumen. He made Ferrari over into HIS team, with HIS people. (Will Byrne and Brawn and Todt stay or will Kimi have a whole new team to work with?) But it all seemed so joyless, sterile, professional, ruthless.

It seemed a very anti-climactic retirement announcement, very unemotional and business like, and overshadowed by the latest controversy and ongoing intrigues. Perhaps this is indeed a fitting denouement to Schumi's career. It will leave his fans and the tifosi delirious with anticipation of another championship to add to the legend, and the supporters of his rivals unconvinced and unhappy, while Bernie and Max will go count the money. Here's hoping next year is more about sport, and interesting battles between Kimi, Fernando, and a renewal at BMW wiith Vettel and Kubica.
I simply couldn't put it better myself. You expressed all my ideeas way better being a native. Thanx. I agree 100%.
Thank you.

BTW did you guys see how clear was the mass damper missed in this italy gp?...where the drivers literally had to drive on the vibrators, just because in some corners they form part of the track, and in some corners, like S bends you could really see the car lifting up badly and the driver needing to fight back. Mass damper comped with that very well.
From sources i understood that the banning of the mass-damper affected renault cars the most since the whole car was built around this mass damper.

Quick Reply: Italian GP!