Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone disappoint

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
Iphone is good for ppl that dont know much about computer or software.
That is one of the most ingorant posts i've read in weeks. I understand that there are a lot of haters out there, and everytime there's an Apple thread, haters quickly rush to post their choiches and then the bashes on the Apple products, and it's cool because we all live in a democracy (some sort of at least) but i just wonder why?! Why complain about what you don't like when you don't use the product or the services?

Anyway...i'm not even going to argue with that stupid argument. If anyone wants to debate computer science with me please do it, and i would be more than happy to engage in an intelligent conversation since i'm also an iPhone owner

Originally Posted by m630
thats a crazy statement and completely false. iPhone is for people who care so much about the hardware and software that they'll pay a premium for the products. Android are just another version of the windows philosophy, which is crap, just throw something together and hope someone else figures out how to "tune" them. You dont have to tune Apple products because they work from inception.
Agree! People forget that Apple made the market for the trully working multi touch smartphones, and so for the mp3 players a decade ago with the iPod, and so for the tablets. Apple is an innovative company, and i dare to say the most innovative in the business. Few products failed till now and this says something.

In the end eveyone is free to choose whatever rocks the boat. I for one am glad Android puts a good fight as competition is always welcomed for the general consumer. I only wish they have a more tight approach to clients, and a quicker adoption rate of the new software. This market fragmentation of the Android world is still a big problem and i for one can't see the solution unless Google somehow forces HTC, Samsung, Motorola and others to play by their rules.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay
That is one of the most ingorant posts i've read in weeks. I understand that there are a lot of haters out there, and everytime there's an Apple thread, haters quickly rush to post their choiches and then the bashes on the Apple products, and it's cool because we all live in a democracy (some sort of at least) but i just wonder why?! Why complain about what you don't like when you don't use the product or the services?

Anyway...i'm not even going to argue with that stupid argument. If anyone wants to debate computer science with me please do it, and i would be more than happy to engage in an intelligent conversation since i'm also an iPhone owner

Agree! People forget that Apple made the market for the trully working multi touch smartphones, and so for the mp3 players a decade ago with the iPod, and so for the tablets. Apple is an innovative company, and i dare to say the most innovative in the business. Few products failed till now and this says something.

In the end eveyone is free to choose whatever rocks the boat. I for one am glad Android puts a good fight as competition is always welcomed for the general consumer. I only wish they have a more tight approach to clients, and a quicker adoption rate of the new software. This market fragmentation of the Android world is still a big problem and i for one can't see the solution unless Google somehow forces HTC, Samsung, Motorola and others to play by their rules.
just to let you know I do used the iphone and ipad every day at work but I dont own it.
will be getting the 4s when it comes out in HK
also I know the phone back of my head after the jailbrake, it is so much more fun win jailed
Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

The 4s is very good spec but still old design body shell. :thumbsdown:
I think I will get 1 for the wife but not me.
Iphone is good for ppl that dont know much about computer or software. No need to tune the phones like android and i phone is user friendly unlike android
In HK 4s cost about $2630usd to buy so you guys with 4s unlocked, sell it to HK ppl you will make loads of money and have more money to get other 1.

I am a android user and waiting for this new phone to comes out in HK and it is much higher spec too.
  • Android 2.3
  • 4.5-inch naked-eye 3D LCD screen with 720×1280 resolution and 329dpi pixel density
  • 12MP CMOS camera with full HD video recording
  • compatible with SoftBank?s ?Ultra Speed? high-speed data communication service (max. 21Mbps)
  • TI OMAP4430 dual-core CPU (1GHz)
  • RAM: 1GB, ROM: 2.2GB
  • waterproof body (IPX5/7, IP5X)
  • IEEE802.11b/g/n Wifi
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • DLNA support
  • microSDHC card slot
  • infrared connection
  • e-wallet function
  • digital TV tuner
  • W-CDMA, GSM
  • size: 128×65×9.7mm, weight: 135g
I don't know, Pingu. This phone has the ancient Bluetooth 3.0 while the 4S has Bluetooth 4.0. How can you live with such ancient technology?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
I don't know, Pingu. This phone has the ancient Bluetooth 3.0 while the 4S has Bluetooth 4.0. How can you live with such ancient technology?
lol Bluetooth 3.0 or Bluetooth 4.0 to me is the same because I only use it for hands free headphones in the car so even the spec for this is higher would not be faster.
also this phone is only 2.3 which will be old when it arrive in HK, I will wait for the 4.0 to come out
for now I have to use the 4s.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

just to let you know I do used the iphone and ipad every day at work but I dont own it.
will be getting the 4s when it comes out in HK
also I know the phone back of my head after the jailbrake, it is so much more fun win jailed
Jailbraking is another discussion altogether. Till recently most people jailbraked their ios devices mostly for 2-3 reasons: 1. Needed some extra functionality and customization. 2. Free apps. 3. Some iPhones were locked. Now with iOS 5 most people can't really justify the JB except if they want some weird UI customization or to use free apps.

Just out of curiousity, what do you mean by "fun win jailed"?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Contributors

Maybe a Tonymac/Repost, but this is cute: http://shitthatsirisays.tumblr.com/
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 AM
Senior Members

Just you all wait till Andorid gets aritificial intelligence similar to Siri, cuz they're really good at "adopting" things. Till then all you android users can do is wait or hate, or both.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Contributors

Just you all wait till Andorid gets aritificial intelligence similar to Siri, cuz they're really good at "adopting" things. Till then all you android users can do is wait or hate, or both.
Where's the hating? I think Siri is a great idea, but with all voice-recognition technology comes some fun mistranslations. Android has had voice-search (but without the AI) since the beginning and it can be just as fun when it makes mistakes.

That link was given to me by an iPhone addict. He's not so uptight he can't find funny things amusing though.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Contributors

LOL I would not do both.
I dont think I will be using the Siri or aritificial intelligence on the Andorid.
also HK is very noisy in the public and can not use it.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i
Where's the hating? I think Siri is a great idea, but with all voice-recognition technology comes some fun mistranslations. Android has had voice-search (but without the AI) since the beginning and it can be just as fun when it makes mistakes.

That link was given to me by an iPhone addict. He's not so uptight he can't find funny things amusing though.
I'm not talking about you, i'm talking about haters in general and i find mostly on Android side (really, i'm objective here). Dunno why whenever an Apple (iphone and ipad) topic arises many Android lovers rush in to bash, flame, ridicules or whetever and i don't see why! I rarely see Apple users that go into Android threads to dismiss whatever subject is being discussed unless it's plain truth.

Anyway, i strongly support good competition but i'd like to see more creation and less copying.

Back to topic and the Siri discussion: I personally think AI is the future and i think Siri is already a big hit and has tons of room for further improvement. I also want to see such technology deeply implemented into the Macs and other computers because there are lots of things i'd rather do by talking than by typing or mouse working etc... including writing this post. So, in conculsion, Siri and other AI pioneers will bring us one step close to that Sci-Fi ideea that you could talk to the "ship computer" in our case cars, homes etc.

And Pingu the iPhone 4 and 4S has a very good noise cancelation feature and some Androids probably have it also. Might wana try that!

Quick Reply: iPhone disappoint