Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone disappoint

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who else out there is disappointed with the 16month wait for this limited update offering??? Im quite suprised if not shocked that they would bother to offer a device that is realively outdated at inception???

Well, I guess I shall not be getting an iPhone this year, perhaps next year they'll wake up to 2011 standards and offer LTE :thumbsdown:
Old 10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

LOL, yet another reason I love my Android phones. If I don't like something I just go to XDA developers and download a completely new ROM for my phone that I can tailor exactly how I like it, and I have 4G from the start. Android ROCKS!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Apple's great launch of the iPhone 4s Postcards
Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I don't know, this revision is mainly all about the software. The hardware enhancements are there to make the most of iOS5 and, of course, Siri which does look like an excellent addition. The much faster performance from the A5 plus the new antennae arrangements are really icing on the cake. It's really all Apple needed to do, we need to remember that the iPhone4 is still the best selling individual device - and let us not forget that the 3GS is number 2... Sure, I'd have liked to have seen something more radical too, but the big news here is Siri and the ability of the A5 to enhance the iOS5 experience. That's what has been delivered. Apple will have a more radical device in development, and the next revision probably won't be 16 months away. Still, the device isn't out of date at all, it's where it needs to be. There's plenty of headroom here for more iOS5 revisions to further enhance the capabilities - and if you put the design statement to one side for a moment, it is really the software that differentiates Apple from its competitors.

I'm running Android too (2.3.4 Gingerbread) and for me it's still some way behind iOS in a number of areas, but it mostly just feels like a slightly clunky and slightly unpolished work in progress whereas iOS feels like more of a finished article. That's really the difference between the OS platforms - other than, of course, a couple of hundred thousand extra apps It'll be interesting to see what Ice Cream Sandwich brings, but for me Android is still a little bit of a poor cousin to iOS. It's just less refined, less capable and less pleasant to use. That said, I do appreciate that there are things you can do with Android that make it a great OS for some.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Apple's great launch of the iPhone 4s Postcards
Absolutely. If you choose to overlook the dual core A5, Siri, the very clever antennae arrangement, the updated camera, highly accelerated graphics and a whole host of other enhancements, you're absolutely right
Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

only thing I don't like is the fact that you cannot do a 1 year contract with iphones. I've been a BB/RIM user for almost 6 years and was hoping the iphone5 would be unveiled today and would push me off he BB platform. My wife has the iphone 4 right now as is years ahead of my bb bold (non touch). I've held off on upgrading to the bold touch as I was waiting for news/release of the iphone 5. The time between the 3gs and 4 was about 1 year, meaning I'd be stuck with 4s for one year is the same timeline is used for the iphone 5 and 1 year contracts are not allowed. Maybe I should just get the bold touch for one year until the iphone 5 gets released....decisions decisions...

IMO: for anyone with an iphone4 today must have been a let down, but for those not using an iphone, this is still an "upgrade"
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
only thing I don't like is the fact that you cannot do a 1 year contract with iphones. I've been a BB/RIM user for almost 6 years and was hoping the iphone5 would be unveiled today and would push me off he BB platform. My wife has the iphone 4 right now as is years ahead of my bb bold (non touch). I've held off on upgrading to the bold touch as I was waiting for news/release of the iphone 5. The time between the 3gs and 4 was about 1 year, meaning I'd be stuck with 4s for one year is the same timeline is used for the iphone 5 and 1 year contracts are not allowed. Maybe I should just get the bold touch for one year until the iphone 5 gets released....decisions decisions...

IMO: for anyone with an iphone4 today must have been a let down, but for those not using an iphone, this is still an "upgrade"
The upcoming batch of Blackberries look like an improvement over the current crop, Gene. May be worth trying one of them for a year or two to see what happens next (Apple and Android)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by swajames
The upcoming batch of Blackberries look like an improvement over the current crop, Gene. May be worth trying one of them for a year or two to see what happens next (Apple and Android)
true, my beef with blackberry is that their os7 devices will not be upgradble to the qnx os that will be available next year. While the BB bold touch is the best BB to date..it's still behind it's competitors platforms in terms of OS and app choices. It's hard to stay with a brand that's been continually falling short and futhermore does not seem to care and has done too little too late. The bold touch should have been released last year, it's behind the ip4 and droids in terms of OS and media. Can't keep supporting a brand that doesn't know how or want to succeed. I've been messing with my wife's ip4 since she got it now and then and can honestly see the shortcomings of RIM and their devices.....again, decisions decisions..
Old 10-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Funny thing, with what's going on, the whole rumor regarding the iPhone 5 exclusive deal with Sprint doesn't seem that crazy now.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I stopped caring about Apple updated products. They will always be making something better and newer, I don't care anymore about all the updated features, especially with how much you have to shell out for the phone and taking into a contract into account. Apple always makes slight updates, and then splits it out across phone versions so they can suck you dry. At the end of the day I just use my phone for making calls/email and music.

Quick Reply: iPhone disappoint