Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone disappoint

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011 | 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I stopped caring about Apple updated products. They will always be making something better and newer, I don't care anymore about all the updated features, especially with how much you have to shell out for the phone and taking into a contract into account. Apple always makes slight updates, and then splits it out across phone versions so they can suck you dry. At the end of the day I just use my phone for making calls/email and music.
+1.
Old 10-07-2011 | 01:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

i did the pre-order for the iphone4s this morning at 12:01am. i have yearly upgrades with sprint, so i can get the iphone4gs, and then when the iphone 5 comes out in say 1 year, ill get it as well then.

ive been wanting a iphone for my sprint service (had them all with ATT and unlocked for tmobile, but no longer have att or tmobile only sprint) so getting the iphone4s was perfect for me as i needed a iphone and got it cheap as well.

i currently have the HTC EVO and i love android phones, but i hate the music player on them. which is my main reason for wanting to go back to iphone. i can connect, sync to play music and charge my phone in my e60 with just 1 wire instead of having a cable for my ipod and a cable for my evo to charge. killed three birds with 1 stone, so i made out good. and i know the iphone4 and iphone4s is the same almost, atleast most people wouldnt care for the upgrade, but i sold my iphone4 long time ago, so for 300 and 32 gigs? good deal.
Old 10-07-2011 | 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^hold on tho, sprint/apple allowed you to sign up for a 1 yr contract? I thought apple only allows 2 year contracts? at least that's the case with verizon

that being said, I went ahead and pre ordered a 32gb white 4s for me this morning....
Old 10-07-2011 | 03:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^hold on tho, sprint/apple allowed you to sign up for a 1 yr contract? I thought apple only allows 2 year contracts? at least that's the case with verizon

that being said, I went ahead and pre ordered a 32gb white 4s for me this morning....
^^ If they are like AT&T, you become eligible for an upgrade after a year if you sign up for another two years. If you want to keep getting the latest/greatest, they keep hook into AT&T...
Old 10-07-2011 | 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Well, I got my 4s.... Kept my unlimited data as well!
Old 10-07-2011 | 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by kscarrol
^^ If they are like AT&T, you become eligible for an upgrade after a year if you sign up for another two years. If you want to keep getting the latest/greatest, they keep hook into AT&T...
I think vzw allows for 3 months prior to contract end...but i could be wrong
Old 10-07-2011 | 09:03 PM
Members

My Ride: Sienna Red E46

anybody selling their iphone 4? pm me
Old 10-08-2011 | 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I am not even gonna look at the 4S - what's the point?! I'll wait till 5. And if 5 is a POS, I'll go Android - I've long stopped caring about phones, as long as they work and manage to satisfy my requirements, I don't even want to bother with anything. I think my iPhone SW hasn't been updated in months - maybe that's what I'll do in a few weeks, when the updates are proven to be running smoothly and all.
Old 10-08-2011 | 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I am not even gonna look at the 4S - what's the point?! I'll wait till 5. And if 5 is a POS, I'll go Android - I've long stopped caring about phones, as long as they work and manage to satisfy my requirements, I don't even want to bother with anything. I think my iPhone SW hasn't been updated in months - maybe that's what I'll do in a few weeks, when the updates are proven to be running smoothly and all.
kind of like the e60 vs f10 huh v..
Old 10-08-2011 | 10:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I ordered my 4S 64GB at about 301 am EDT. It will be shipped on October 14.

I am leaving my Android phone. I had an original Droid and while it worked great at first, the charging port broke and sine then, I have had 2 refurbished pieces of crap . My current one barely works and freezes all the time. By contrast, the 2 other Apple products -- a 64GB iPad (first generation) and a 256GB MacBook Air (second generation) are simply flawless and also function perfectly. Accordingly, I am giving iPhone a chance. I am very disappointed that Apple did not put 4G into it but everything else is there.

I will still use my BB Bold for business as I live on my email and need the physical keyboard.

Quick Reply: iPhone disappoint