Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010 | 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Just sold my iPhone 4 on ebay for $900 hahaha
Old 07-02-2010 | 01:14 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Just for the record:

Apple iPhone 4 is the best phone!
Old 07-02-2010 | 01:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil
holy shit. i still have my 3g... Hmmmmm.
Old 07-02-2010 | 01:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Dang, 32GB I presume?
Old 07-02-2010 | 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
C'mon now, listen to yourself.

There has been no less than half a dozen in depth investigation research and reports about this flaw, and scientifically tested as well.

Did you not see the job postings for antennae engineers that Apple posted up? Even by Apple's own news release they say it's a fix that'll modify the way bars are defined.

I am sure that Apple, at this point, knows much better than making a statement to claim that their fix will actually fix the reception issue. And besides, if they can actually make the reception better via software, don't you think they would've said as such? (Which would easily result in more lawsuits) Stop being naive and lie to yourself man.

Let me point out one more thing. They said this "fix" is coming in undefinable weeks -- that's a joke. It does not take weeks to correct and compile a new firmware to "correctly" display reception bars.

Lastly, your last statement is condescending to say the least. Why of course people can take their phones back. Such a statement removes Apple's responsibility of making things right to their consumers, and that's just not acceptable.
Whatever. All I see in the above is conjecture, supposition and a supposed insight into how long it ought to take to develop and release a firmware update. All your points in your posts in the thread are, as I said, just wild-ass guesses. Nothing more, nothing less. As I said, if you're not happy, take your phone back. That's not meant to be condescending. It is simply telling it like it is. Apple at least has extended the return period if you don't trust them to put it right (and generally speaking, Apple does have a history of taking care of its customers). If you're not happy, I'd return the phone and try an Android device. That said, the Nexus One also loses signal when touched in a certain place...
Old 07-02-2010 | 02:53 PM
Contributors

apple fan boys might be the worst. the phone sucks ass. telling people they hold their phone the wrong way is stupid. admit you fucked up and fix the damn phones. release a fixed version and fan boys like yourself will still be going wild for apple.
Old 07-02-2010 | 03:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
apple fan boys might be the worst. the phone sucks ass. telling people they hold their phone the wrong way is stupid. admit you fucked up and fix the damn phones. release a fixed version and fan boys like yourself will still be going wild for apple.
someone else is still on the verizon family plan i see

obviously there is a problem with a lot of peoples iPhones (I am still having no problem). To say the phone sucks as is downright preposterous.
Old 07-02-2010 | 03:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by swajames
Whatever. All I see in the above is conjecture, supposition and a supposed insight into how long it ought to take to develop and release a firmware update. All your points in your posts in the thread are, as I said, just wild-ass guesses. Nothing more, nothing less. As I said, if you're not happy, take your phone back. That's not meant to be condescending. It is simply telling it like it is. Apple at least has extended the return period if you don't trust them to put it right (and generally speaking, Apple does have a history of taking care of its customers). If you're not happy, I'd return the phone and try an Android device. That said, the Nexus One also loses signal when touched in a certain place...
Geezus, listen to this guy. How are my points guesses? Did you not read the official statement? Have you not followed all the articles on Gizmodo, Engadget, Redmondpie, etc? (Probably not, otherwise you can't possibly be this ignorant) Seriously dude, being blinded by brand loyalty is plain retarded. I love my iPhone 4 for all its glory besides the antennae flaw; the fact of the matter is, the problem exists and is very real.

And this other point you've made only makes you sound like a dumb loyalist. Apple did not extended the return period, it has always been 30 days.

Yeah, keep defending Apple, guy. You sure sound like you know what you're talking about.
Old 07-02-2010 | 03:30 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
But the iPhone is better....
Old 07-02-2010 | 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Geezus, listen to this guy. How are my points guesses? Did you not read the official statement? Have you not followed all the articles on Gizmodo, Engadget, Redmondpie, etc? (Probably not, otherwise you can't possibly be this ignorant) Seriously dude, being blinded by brand loyalty is plain retarded. I love my iPhone 4 for all its glory besides the antennae flaw; the fact of the matter is, the problem exists and is very real.

And this other point you've made only makes you sound like a dumb loyalist. Apple did not extended the return period, it has always been 30 days.

Yeah, keep defending Apple, guy. You sure sound like you know what you're talking about.
The problems are real, no one has said they're not, and none of my posts have either. It appears that a possible fix is on the way. My point is either you wait for that, or you vote with your wallet in the meantime. The other option is to do what Tex Phil did and sell the phone on eBay for $900. Ultimately, it's nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with reason. Apple isn't going to ship you a redesigned phone tomorrow, nor are they going to release the firmware update anytime soon. Either you're prepared to wait or you're not. In the meantime, if you are prepared to wait, you know exactly what to do to stop the issue happening as an interim measure. Other than these alternatives, what else are you going to do?

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw