Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

RAZR FTW. Its funny apple in the beginning said you are holding it wrong there are no issues. If that was the case, then why did they try to sell the bumper from day 1? Its really stupid the phone needs that bumper, it makes the phone look super ugly.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by swajames
Good to have the banter back the way it used to be!

IOn a serious note, I like Android too. I would certainly consider an Android device. It's a good OS and the devices coming to market look very solid. For me, Apple has the edge as I like the integration, the elegant UI, the care and attention to detail and also the design. For me, that's worth the premium. For others, maybe not. We all vote with our wallets.

I will say just one thing. If you cast your mind back a few years to the early iterations of Android and the early Android devices it is clear that the target was RIM and the BlackBerry. The OS and devices were, at time, a clear facsimile of the BlackBerry OS. It was the launch of the iPhone that saw Google change direction and create a touch-enabled OS that had a far more elegant look and feel and which saw the OS and the hardware start to evolve to what we see today. Prior to the Apple mobile OS, there wasn't a single OS or device out there that came close. For all its past sales, Nokia rested on its laurels and churned out dull, mediocre devices as did the other manufacturers. Apple did change the industry and it changed what users expect and demand in their devices. While you may choose to never own an Apple device, the devices you do own are better because of what Apple did.
You are correct in that Apple has been the innovator and the thought leader and has created new product lines where none existed before (iPhone, iPad and the look and feel of computer operating systems that Microsoft parroted and marketed much more shrewedly even with an inferior product). But as we all know, technology marches on at breakneck speed and Apple's competitors, especially Google, have pushed out some outstanding products in the niches Apple has created. Trust me, if you are in NYC and live on your cell phone and need it to be reliable on your cals with client,you are better off with an Andriod phone from Verizon.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by sdg1871
J
You are correct in that Apple has been the innovator and the thought leader and has created new product lines where none existed before (iPhone, iPad and the look and feel of computer operating systems that Microsoft parroted and marketed much more shrewedly even with an inferior product). But as we all know, technology marches on at breakneck speed and Apple's competitorsm especially Google, have pushed out some outstanding products in the niches Apple has created.
What does it mean when someone puts J before something? I got texts yesterday and it starts with J before it
Old 07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by tex_phil
What does it mean when someone puts J before something? I got texts yesterday and it starts with J before it
Must be a subliminal message from the dark side. Or a malfunctioning cursor key on the Droid. Sometimes on mine, the damn cursor disappears.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by tex_phil
It is a longstanding issue with fonts, particularly when the messages you received started life in Outlook. At one time it was a ":-)" smiley, which Outlook renders with a character from the WingDing font which is later lost in translation and it ends up on other machines being displayed as the letter "J". If you see it, you can generally assume that it was a at one point.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
you really dont know what you are talking about. you are just jealous because you still use a Motorola razor
what post made it seem like i dont know what im talking about? Im jealous because you pay 130 dollars a month for phone that can only be held a certain way or you are forced to put a case on it? The sad thing is you wouldnt admit even if you were having problems. Does apple pay you? I hope so. My BlackBerry 8530 works perfect and cost around $13 a month.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
what post made it seem like i dont know what im talking about? Im jealous because you pay 130 dollars a month for phone that can only be held a certain way or you are forced to put a case on it? The sad thing is you wouldnt admit even if you were having problems. Does apple pay you? I hope so. My BlackBerry 8530 works perfect and cost around $13 a month.
May I ask how you pay $13 a month? I also have a BlackBerry 8530 but my company pays for it so I don't know the actual cost. My personal phone is iPhone 4G and I'm paying $66 a month (Corporate plan).

BTW, I have to say that Apple handles "iphonegate" very poorly :thumbsdown:
First, don't blame the customer.
Second, don't downplay the problem.
Third, apologize again and again then it will be forgiven
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Rim and Nokia has made official comments about this. And I agree with them.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Contributors

what post made it seem like i dont know what im talking about?
You're a girl.

Btw- posted from my iPhone without the bumper on with my whole left hand on the phone and 3 right fingers including my thumb. 4 if you count the finger I am typing with. That's almost 2 whole hands.

But it must be magic. That is... Unless you know what you are talkig about. So either you believe in magic or you are wrong. You pick- I don't really care.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i

iPhone 4 user here...
#1: I don't pay $130/month, i pay about $70
#2: I hold my phone ANY way I want - NO signal loss, never a dropped call. But with your Blackberry, you can only type holding it ONE WAY. That makes you the person who has to hold the phone a certain way, not the iPhone.
#3: I don't have a case on my iPhone 4
#4: People do admit that there are problems with the iPhone 4, there was problems with iPhone 1,2, 3G, 3GS, etc etc.. So what? - not EVERYBODY has problems.
#5: Those who have problems and aren't happy either got a full refund or a replacement for free.
#6: I wish Apple pays us who are happy with their products, but they don't.
#7: Please hook us up with the $13/Month plan.

Quick Reply: iPhone 4 has major antenna design flaw