Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I hope Fernando Alonso dose not go to Ferrari.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='552172' date='Mar 28 2008, 02:07 PM
I agree with you.. Hamilton is responsible for his own actions.. all I am trying to say is that when your teammate is very likely to win the championship there is absolutely no point battling it out with him in the opening lap itself and ruining it for everyone. That's just wrong.. that's why I don't want Alonso to join Ferrari.

"I agree with you.. Hamilton is responsible for his own actions.. all I am trying to say is that when your teammate is very likely to win the championship there is absolutely no point battling it out with him in the opening lap itself"
... unless you target the championship yourself and have real chances of winning it.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='552157' date='Mar 28 2008, 01:51 AM
Hamilton had the championsip in the bag until he decided to drive off the pit entrance in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Lewis drove until his rear tires were bald and then coming into pits he puts the car into a gravel pit. Where he was unable to get the car out and lost the Chinese Grand Prix. This is what lost the championship for him.

Not to mention his absolutely horrible last race of the year.

He had his chances, blaiming it on Alonso is just a cop out. Lewis not winning the championship is fully on Lewis himself and the team, not Alonso.
The quotes are NOT from Hamilton... I don't see where he has personally blamed Alonso for anything. I, on the other hand, think Alonso is an utter tool. Good driver, but a total prick.

Alonso absolutely does have culpability for McLaren's team issues last year. Hamilton made mistakes at the end of the season, no question. In his first year, that's to be expected. It's amazing he made so few and came second. Alonso on the other hand undermined both the team and its leadership with his continued petulance. That won't work with Ron Dennis. The double world champion was found to be no better than the rookie, and McLaren treated both accordingly.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='552220' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:38 PM
The quotes are NOT from Hamilton... I don't see where he has personally blamed Alonso for anything. I, on the other hand, think Alonso is an utter tool. Good driver, but a total prick.
why?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='552172' date='Mar 28 2008, 06:07 PM
I agree with you.. Hamilton is responsible for his own actions.. all I am trying to say is that when your teammate is very likely to win the championship there is absolutely no point battling it out with him in the opening lap itself and ruining it for everyone. That's just wrong.. that's why I don't want Alonso to join Ferrari.
that right.
just like going to war, you only fight the other side and never fight your own people
Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='552220' date='Mar 28 2008, 06:38 AM

Alonso absolutely does have culpability for McLaren's team issues last year. Hamilton made mistakes at the end of the season, no question. In his first year, that's to be expected. It's amazing he made so few and came second. Alonso on the other hand undermined both the team and its leadership with his continued petulance. That won't work with Ron Dennis. The double world champion was found to be no better than the rookie, and McLaren treated both accordingly.
I didn't think I said it was Hamilton's quote, but maybe it was something I wrote incorrectly.

Anyways Hamilton and the team are fully responsible for him not winning the championship, NOT Alonso. Hamilton's last two races of the season were a joke.

Yes Alonso is an ASS, but it doesn't change the fact he is one of the quickest drivers in F1. In a Ferrari I would have no doubts he would win more championships.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='552597' date='Mar 28 2008, 08:22 PM
I didn't think I said it was Hamilton's quote, but maybe it was something I wrote incorrectly.

Anyways Hamilton and the team are fully responsible for him not winning the championship, NOT Alonso. Hamilton's last two races of the season were a joke.

Yes Alonso is an ASS, but it doesn't change the fact he is one of the quickest drivers in F1. In a Ferrari I would have no doubts he would win more championships.
But the driver on his own can't win anything without the team and in F1 there are so many moving parts that everything needs to be working in sync. That's in essence the only thing that separates the top teams and Alonso's insecurity created many of the team challenges. The Stepney problems also took a toll on the team at the end of the season. Had McLaren's other driver last year been Kovaleinen and not Alonso I suspect Hamilton would have won the championship. Either way - it's surprising to someone take such a harsh position with a rookie driver. On any reasonable analysis, Hamilton's season last year was absolutely stellar.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='552641' date='Mar 28 2008, 10:30 PM
But the driver on his own can't win anything without the team and in F1 there are so many moving parts that everything needs to be working in sync. That's in essence the only thing that separates the top teams and Alonso's insecurity created many of the team challenges. The Stepney problems also took a toll on the team at the end of the season. Had McLaren's other driver last year been Kovaleinen and not Alonso I suspect Hamilton would have won the championship. Either way - it's surprising to someone take such a harsh position with a rookie driver. On any reasonable analysis, Hamilton's season last year was absolutely stellar.
I agree. Trust me I am a Mclaren fan. I really don't care for Ferrari at all.

But the Chinese Grand Prix was a major failure for the team and Lewis. They should have never left him on a dry track for that many laps on rain tires. Lewis should have never beached his car coming into the pits. He easily had a top three locked up and that would have virtually clinched the championship going into the last race of the year. Before the Chinese Grand Prix Lewis had a 12 point lead over Alonso and 17 point lead over Kimi. But with the DNF in the second to last race, Lewis was left only with 4 and 7 point leads for the final round.

Even with the Alonso distractions and Stepney gate, Mclaren basically ruled last season until the last two races.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='552597' date='Mar 29 2008, 11:22 AM

yes I agree with that. it was the team responsible for him not winning the championship. and he was new to the sport.