Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I hope Fernando Alonso dose not go to Ferrari.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Ferrari & Fernando Alonso is not a good mix. :thumbsdown:
He say he needs the best car to win.
that what alot of people say when they can not win. They alway blame it on the tools.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/25/fernand...f-ferrari-move/
Old 03-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='551467' date='Mar 26 2008, 10:12 PM
that what alot of people say when they can not win. They alway blame it on the tools.
"I always want to be in the best car in the field... It is clear that Ferrari has one of the best cars already."

All drivers would say that.

Alonso is one of most talented drivers racing currently in F1. The fact is, you can put who ever in the Renault, they will not win. Renault just doesn't have the pace this year.

He would be very fast and consistent in a Ferrari.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='551513' date='Mar 27 2008, 03:20 PM
"I always want to be in the best car in the field... It is clear that Ferrari has one of the best cars already."

All drivers would say that.

Alonso is one of most talented drivers racing currently in F1. The fact is, you can put who ever in the Renault, they will not win. Renault just doesn't have the pace this year.

He would be very fast and consistent in a Ferrari.
OK then we have to see next year if he is good or not when going to Ferrari.
I will not be supporting Ferrari next year if he dose, only BMW and McLaren-Mercedes.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Senior Members

LOL Pingu don't be so childish.

1st of all i agree with our friend Jetblack.Alonso is a very talented driver. We will see till the end of the season if he will make the Renault catch-up a few tenths of a second (or more). Also some people already speculated that the lesser performance of the Mclarens from last race can have some reasoning from the lack of Alonso's experience. We will also see that. I think it's premature to say anything for sure.

If he comes to Ferrari i think we will have another red baron, just this time he is a Spaniard.

I support 100% BMW team and BMW team alone. Many laughed 2 years ago when i supported BMW but now BMW runs for top team not just the third force in F1 and people don't laugh anymore. I am a dedicated BMW Sauber fan to the end and will not change sides at bad times. In fact i think that's what a true fan is all about. A fan that supports the winning team whoever that is...is not a fan imho. Supporting more teams is also a bit of contradiction since you still have to support more a team than another once they go head to head (which is awkward).
Old 03-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='551467' date='Mar 27 2008, 01:12 AM
I second that.... Schume has always said on team should have two No.1 drivers... I hope Ferrari don't make the same mistake Maclaren made last year.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='551735' date='Mar 27 2008, 08:43 PM
I second that.... Schume has always said on team should have two No.1 drivers... I hope Ferrari don't make the same mistake Maclaren made last year.
Ok sorry to say this but you are very naive if you really think that could ever be true. Of course that would be optimum and really best for every team and for the show but...let's be serious teams will always want to bet on a driver or on other more since they want to make sure they will win the driver's championship which is the most important thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='551744' date='Mar 27 2008, 11:54 AM
Ok sorry to say this but you are very naive if you really think that could ever be true. Of course that would be optimum and really best for every team and for the show but...let's be serious teams will always want to bet on a driver or on other more since they want to make sure they will win the driver's championship which is the most important thing.
2007 Team Review - McLaren (by official F1 website)

"It would be hard to imagine a tougher season for such a successful team. Despite having what was almost certainly the quickest and most reliable car in the field, McLaren somehow came away from 2007 empty-handed" - Why you ask???? I have one word for you "Alonso"

It would be pretty painful for me to see Alonso driving a Ferrari and knocking Kimi - his teammate, out of championship races and ruining everything..... that would suck big time!! It definitely sucked for McLaren last year - do you remember Interlagos? Hamilton had the championship in the bag.. Alonzo just had too bump his teammate and ruin everything... good for us Ferrari fans though
Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='552146' date='Mar 28 2008, 01:25 AM
2007 Team Review - McLaren (by official F1 website)

"It would be hard to imagine a tougher season for such a successful team. Despite having what was almost certainly the quickest and most reliable car in the field, McLaren somehow came away from 2007 empty-handed" - Why you ask???? I have one word for you "Alonso"

It would be pretty painful for me to see Alonso driving a Ferrari and knocking Kimi - his teammate, out of championship races and ruining everything..... that would suck big time!! It definitely sucked for McLaren last year - do you remember Interlagos? Hamilton had the championship in the bag.. Alonzo just had too bump his teammate and ruin everything... good for us Ferrari fans though
Hamilton had the championsip in the bag until he decided to drive off the pit entrance in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Lewis drove until his rear tires were bald and then coming into pits he puts the car into a gravel pit. Where he was unable to get the car out and lost the Chinese Grand Prix. This is what lost the championship for him.

Not to mention his absolutely horrible last race of the year.

He had his chances, blaiming it on Alonso is just a cop out. Lewis not winning the championship is fully on Lewis himself and the team, not Alonso.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='552157' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:51 PM
Hamilton had the championsip in the bag until he decided to drive off the pit entrace in the Chinese Grand Prix.

Lewis drove until his rear tires were bald and then coming into pits he puts the car into a gravel pit. Where he was unable to get the car out and lost the Chinese Grand Prix. This is what lost the championship for him.

He had his chances, blaiming it on Alonso is just cop out. Lewis not winning the championship is fully on Lewis himself and the team, not Alonso.
Absolutely correct. People called Alonso mofo and other stuff but he was in a way entitled to act as he acted. I mean remember the pit lane discussion when Alonso "delayed" Hamilton...well remember again that Hamilton went out in front of Alonso in the first place despite the team strategy which implied the opposite. Also IMHO there was a BIG mistake from Ron Dennis as a team manager to so quickly throw roses in front of Hamilton considering he was a rookie. Ok he was the GP2 champion and very talented and very quick BUT since the fact he is the debutant and Alonso also was for the first year in the Mclaren team who worked on the car 80-90% and Hamilton found an almost ready to race car (remember also the 2006 Mclaren performance---or should i say lack of) then it would be prudent from a management stand point to give Alonso his fair share, reconnaissance, and more important keep Hamilton a bit under control even if he was Ron's "son". The biggest mistake imo came after Ron saw Hamilton's consecutive successes and decided to promote him powerfully and fueled the drivers hate. That cost Ron his championship.

Alonso came as a world champion while Hamilton was a rookie. No matter how much better Hamilton was/is than Alonso you should not make such a mistake as a top manager in both drivers debuts. Since Alonso felt betrayed by the team and Ron, he acted pretty much in accordance. Who wouldn't? Top drivers have their pride, their prestige to look after and their asses. So to say that Alonso was also a mofo when he told everything he knew to FIA at that private interview regarding the spy scandal is not only wrong and not ethic is also a moral mistake considering his compromised position at Mclaren.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='552157' date='Mar 28 2008, 03:51 AM
Hamilton had the championsip in the bag until he decided to drive off the pit entrance in the Chinese Grand Prix.

He had his chances, blaiming it on Alonso is just a cop out. Lewis not winning the championship is fully on Lewis himself and the team, not Alonso.
I agree with you.. Hamilton is responsible for his own actions.. all I am trying to say is that when your teammate is very likely to win the championship there is absolutely no point battling it out with him in the opening lap itself and ruining it for everyone. That's just wrong.. that's why I don't want Alonso to join Ferrari.

Quick Reply: I hope Fernando Alonso dose not go to Ferrari.