Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I got a playmate for my 545i today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i silver

for selection of your cars.

But

What are you going to drive when they both go to the shop mate?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 550745540

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 14 2005, 11:32 AM
It's ironic-- when the new RR came out I pronounced it ugly and said I would never buy it. I said the same thing about the E60. Now I own both?
[snapback]159173[/snapback]
My opinion is that the designs that last the longest are the ones that you don't necessarily like from the beginning. I recall when the new E-class came out I thought it was beautiful. Now, it's just so plain. Conversely, when the E60 came out, I definitely wasn't all over it. Now I drive one.

How would you compare the driving experience of the two cars??
Old 08-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

I really hope you drive off-road! If not.. you should've gotten an M5 for yourself, and a 1-series for your wife
Old 08-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

My philosophy is that I always want my wife and kids in a nicer car than I have.

There is definitely a lot of BMW-ness in the RRover. That's a big seller for me. A lot of the switches and electronics are the same, with the notable exception of the touch screen computer and navigation which is very good. Frustratingly the DVD will play on the front screen in other markets but is blacked out here in the US. Factory dual headrest monitors is especially cool for kids

It is not quick nor does it handle anything like my 545i. It does however ride better than any SUV I've driven. It's quiet at speed, VERY comfortable inside, and the interior is gorgeous. The second row holds 3 kids comfortably, eliminating the need for a 3rd row for my family of 5. Lots of storage space. VERY pricey.

Their interiors benchmark was a luxury yaht and they nailed it.

We'll see on the reliability.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Ehm.. and the global warming
Old 08-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by paasan' date='Aug 14 2005, 04:40 PM
Ehm.. and the global warming? ?
[snapback]159298[/snapback]
Dude, you live in Norway. Don't you want it a little warmer??
Old 08-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Members

Very nice...I guess you don't work for the government huh?
Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

You have my ultimate garage, nice and you must really love your wife which I admire esp. in the USA where marriage has almost turned into a joke, but I'll leave that discussion for a syposium on a later date . Being that both cars were made and designed by BMW, what do you wish was added from either car to the other(even though Ford replaced the old 4.4 X5 engine now) ? also I was wondering whether you've driven the X5 and could give some insight on how it compares to the RR(handling e.t.c)?
Old 08-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Simple1' date='Aug 14 2005, 08:41 PM
You have my ultimate garage, nice and you must really love your wife which I admire esp. in the USA where marriage has almost turned into a joke, but I'll leave that discussion for a syposium on a later date? .? Being that both cars were made and designed by BMW, what do you wish was added from either car to the other(even though Ford replaced the old 4.4 X5 engine now) ? also I was wondering whether you've driven the X5 and could give some insight on how it compares to the RR(handling e.t.c)?
[snapback]159350[/snapback]
I've been a supporter of idrive, but I have to say that I have serious doubts now about the superiority of idrive versus a touch screen with a few (ie less than a dozen) quick access buttons on the side, which is what the RRover has. So that's one thing I wish the E60 had that my RRover has. It also has very comfortable seats although not bolstered at all.

The E60 stereo is significantly better than the RRover even though the Rover has 14 speakers and Logic7. The RRover doors shut nothing like the solid germanic clunk of the E60-- maybe it's the aluminum skins on the RRover. The seating position on the ROver is like being a Greek God, though, I'm looking down on everyone and the hood spreads out before me like an aluminum football field. I feel invincible in that thing.

In terms of driving dynamics, E60 reigns supreme obviously-- no 6000 pound SUV can compete in this regard. But the RRover is a sweet ride. I haven't driven the X5 as I never found it attractive and it is smaller than what I was looking for. Sorry to all the X5 owners but I think BMW has gone somewhere they shouldn't with their SUV products. They build beautiful CARS.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s
rodneyremington,

So that is the reason for no mini meet and greet. J/K

So I know what you were doing while I was in Fresno yesterday. I was down Shaw keeping an eye out for you and you were on Ventura.

I wonder if you can get away with washing that once a month. Black, you?re a brave man. Very nice rides, I?m sure you make the neighbors jealous.

Central Cali

Quick Reply: I got a playmate for my 545i today...