Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I got 2 tickets yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='May 3 2005, 06:55 AM
Just move to a state that isn't so gay about tint laws.?
[snapback]123368[/snapback]
I would think that a state which respects the rights of gays would respect tinted windows (fashion and all) ... perhaps you should have said "Just move to a state that isn't so red-neck about tint laws" ... IMO
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

take a pic of just the front of you car with the plate double stick tapped on. The thurn the interior lights on and say you got a legal tint. With the lights inside on the tint will look less dark. Did you have your windows down when you got pulled over? Say it for offroad use only and you always drive with your windoes down.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Meant to ask - was the dolly sitting on the hood at the time?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I would think that a state which respects the rights of gays would respect tinted windows (fashion and all) ... perhaps you should have said "Just move to a state that isn't so red-neck about tint laws" ... IMO

And therein lies the irony.... LOL

It's the so-called "red-neck" states that are tolerant of wndow tint.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Members

My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

California is pretty tolerant of window tint I hear. My son tinted the windows of my old E36 for out there, and did the 'legal' version. He sees a ton of 'illegal' tints driving around all the time and will probably risk it. But if he gets caught, he's damn well not going to bring a photoshopped pic in front of a judge and perjur himself.

Do the crime...pay the time!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I would remove the tint for the time being and re-apply it when the ticket is taken care of. It's only the front windows you would have to remove.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:03 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by goyk' date='May 3 2005, 02:49 AM
I got pulled over and got two tickets last night. One for having Tints and one for no front plate! What was worse is I was already driving on a speeding ticket and had to be taken in to the station to post bail.

I hate the laws in Illinois. They do not allow any tints at all in the front windows, and a front plate is required.

However all I have to do is go to court May 28th and present the judge two or so photos showing that I put the plate on and I got the tints removed. I really do not want to remove the tints, and would rather keep the plate off.

Does anyone here have a good resolution picture of a black e60 with a front US plate and no tints? I need at least a 3 megapixel or so picture that I will photoshop my own plate into and get developed.

Thanks!!!!!!
:'(
[snapback]123292[/snapback]
Surely you're not serious!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Members

I can't believe you'd even consider lying!

Don't know how it is in Illinois, but here in CA, the car has to be inspected in person, not by a photo.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='May 3 2005, 09:03 AM
[quote name='goyk' date='May 3 2005, 02:49 AM']I got pulled over and got two tickets last night. One for having Tints and one for no front plate! What was worse is I was already driving on a speeding ticket and had to be taken in to the station to post bail.

I hate the laws in Illinois. They do not allow any tints at all in the front windows, and a front plate is required.

However all I have to do is go to court May 28th and present the judge two or so photos showing that I put the plate on and I got the tints removed. I really do not want to remove the tints, and would rather keep the plate off.

Does anyone here have a good resolution picture of a black e60 with a front US plate and no tints? I need at least a 3 megapixel or so picture that I will photoshop my own plate into and get developed.

Thanks!!!!!!
Surely you're not serious!
[snapback]123422[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 05-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Seriously. Forget about trying to pull a fast one. Get it fixed, go to court, it will be taken care of, and put your tint back on. YOU WILL GO TO JAIL IF THEY CATCH YOU, and they are not stupid.

When I bought my tint, I actually negotiated a price to have them take it off and reapply it in the event of a ticket. It is just part of the price you pay to have your toys. Yes it is annoying, but its a good problem to have.

"Bummer, I have to pay $50 bucks to get the tint removed on my 70K car, and then have it put back on".

OR

"Bummer, bubba wont leave me alone at night, and the guard keeps leaving my cell open".

You choose, but I think it is a no brainer.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by goyk' date='May 3 2005, 02:49 AM
I got pulled over and got two tickets last night. One for having Tints and one for no front plate! What was worse is I was already driving on a speeding ticket and had to be taken in to the station to post bail.

Thanks!!!!!!

I'm hoping this is one of the funniest jokes I have heard. If you're crazy enough to try this, well....

Quick Reply: I got 2 tickets yesterday.