Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I got 2 tickets yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

I got pulled over and got two tickets last night. One for having Tints and one for no front plate! What was worse is I was already driving on a speeding ticket and had to be taken in to the station to post bail.

I hate the laws in Illinois. They do not allow any tints at all in the front windows, and a front plate is required.

However all I have to do is go to court May 28th and present the judge two or so photos showing that I put the plate on and I got the tints removed. I really do not want to remove the tints, and would rather keep the plate off.

Does anyone here have a good resolution picture of a black e60 with a front US plate and no tints? I need at least a 3 megapixel or so picture that I will photoshop my own plate into and get developed.

Thanks!!!!!!
:'(
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D with M-Sport Package (M-rear spoiler incl.) - Manual Drive - Carbon black - amethyst leather (2 tone) - Summer: styling 128 rims (245/35 R19Y - 275/30 R19Y on Michelin PS2) - Winter: styling 135M rims (245/40/18ZR on Dunlop M3 SP Winter Sport)- Logic7 - Nav.Syst.Prof. - bluetooth - xenon - adapt. headl.- PDC - Sun Protection Glass - Through Load Syst. - M5 mirrors - Chrome Grill - Extended Inter. Light Package - Front Seat Heating and...the amazing floormats

Originally Posted by goyk' date='May 3 2005, 09:49 AM
I got pulled over and got two tickets last night. One for having Tints and one for no front plate! What was worse is I was already driving on a speeding ticket and had to be taken in to the station to post bail.

I hate the laws in Illinois. They do not allow any tints at all in the front windows, and a front plate is required.

However all I have to do is go to court May 28th and present the judge two or so photos showing that I put the plate on and I got the tints removed. I really do not want to remove the tints, and would rather keep the plate off.

Does anyone here have a good resolution picture of a black e60 with a front US plate and no tints? I need at least a 3 megapixel or so picture that I will photoshop my own plate into and get developed.

Thanks!!!!!!
:'(
[snapback]123292[/snapback]
Great idea. Just make sure that the judge does not drive an E60 and reads this forum
If it would not work, let him have a spin with yr car. Record the whole thing and sell it to BMW Marketing to pay for yr tickets
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Contributors

Photoshop is your friend Just don't drive the E60 to court that day incase the judge sends someone out to verify.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Contributors

Just stop by the BMW dealer and snap off a pic or two. Then PS you plate on that pic. Or register your car on another state. Then they will have problems forcing the law on you.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Members

My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

Not to rain on your parade, but if you are bummed out at the prospect of dealing with the justice system over this, imagine how bummed out you'll be if you get caught committing perjury.

Perjury is probably 6 months in prison; you might get lucky and get it suspended, but I'd not count on it as judges take it kinda personally when you lie to them.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Go down to the local dealership, search out a black E60, stick the front plate on and take a photo

BTW, what happens if u are stopped again for tints and plates?
Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 AM
NES
Members

Just show the judge a photoshopped pic of your car and the model... most likely he will probably forget what he was looking for in the first place
Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Bart001' date='May 3 2005, 05:58 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but if you are bummed out at the prospect of dealing with the justice system over this, imagine how bummed out you'll be if you get caught committing perjury.

Perjury is probably 6 months in prison; you might get lucky and get it suspended, but I'd not count on it as judges take it kinda personally when you lie to them.
[snapback]123330[/snapback]
Exactly---Want to play you got to pay.
cheers
vern
PS It cost me $325.00 a few years ago and I was lucky I got away that cheap
Old 05-03-2005, 04:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

haha...man youve got the balls to screw with them huh...i did to some extent until my last speeding ticket....anyway though ...ive got my lawyer representing me on my case...81 in a 40 ...he wants me to plead guilty...what am I to tell the judge...uhh sorry your honor...i hit the gas a bit to hard and didnt notice it .... i still havent come up with a scam to tell...somtimes they buy it...somtimes there tootaly A holes about it...but yes the law is unfair!!!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Just move to a state that isn't so gay about tint laws.

Quick Reply: I got 2 tickets yesterday.