Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I Am Glad I Am Still Alive

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
lim
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

holy shit John glad your doing okay
your cat okay?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by melimel
so its a type of snail?? Howcome ive never heard of these before? I dont see them in restaurants or sushi places... and why on earth were your heating it on a stovetop??
You're not eating at the right sushi places. If you're eating sushi with chinese chefs, you need to let me take you to the best of the best in the city where the real deal japanese chefs work. we'll drop $250 each, but you'll have abalone and many other raw, live mollusks.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by juris335
Why the need for name-calling, K? The cat had nothing to do with the incident. It was a simple effort by me of using epigram humor. I see it didn't work. But my goodness why so quick to start name-calling?
He's 17. Don't worry about it.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by melimel
so its a type of snail?? Howcome ive never heard of these before? I dont see them in restaurants or sushi places... and why on earth were your heating it on a stovetop??
It's in a can so if you boil the can in water, it makes the juice go into the abalone better.

And it's not exactly a snail. It's a shellfish. You're not going to the right places. Go to Ping's restaurant on Mott street in chinatown. You'll see they have one whole piece abalone for $148. It tastes good. Best ones IMO come from Japan.

Sushi places do serve it. Mitsuwa sells "fresh" ones and can be eaten as sashimi. Doesnt taste as good as cooked IMO.

Originally Posted by lim
holy shit John glad your doing okay
your cat okay?
We are both okay! Good think my gf came home later that day.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
You're not eating at the right sushi places. If you're eating sushi with chinese chefs, you need to let me take you to the best of the best in the city where the real deal japanese chefs work. we'll drop $250 each, but you'll have abalone and many other raw, live mollusks.
+1. Go to Nobu or Mega. They SHOULD have it. I like Nobu more. Price isnt exactly nice though. Without alcohol for two people, I was out the door $440 for two people and eating just chef's choice for me. You never know what you're getting.

I can also bring you to Fontana in Bay Ridge where I can special order lots of stuff. Raw lobster, RARE raw fishes, toro (fatty tuna), uni (sea urchin), abalone, japanese oysters, etc.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
+1. Go to Nobu or Mega. They SHOULD have it. I like Nobu more. Price isnt exactly nice though. Without alcohol for two people, I was out the door $440 for two people and eating just chef's choice for me. You never know what you're getting.

I can also bring you to Fontana in Bay Ridge where I can special order lots of stuff. Raw lobster, RARE raw fishes, toro (fatty tuna), uni (sea urchin), abalone, japanese oysters, etc.
Nobu is dog shit. I'm talking about the real deal places. Go to Yasuda, Jewel Bako, Kani Yama or 15 East. That's the real deal.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
And it's not exactly a snail. It's a shellfish. You're not going to the right places. Go to Ping's restaurant on Mott street in chinatown. You'll see they have one whole piece abalone for $148. It tastes good. Best ones IMO come from Japan.
Actually John, it technically is a sea-snail and is in the Mollusk family. I used to free dive for them off the northern california cost. You clean them, slice them really thin and then pound the shit out of them, prior to eating. I like them cooked or raw. They taste between Calamari and Lobster. Very rich, but really good. I get it all the time at my Japanese spots.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Nobu is dog shit. I'm talking about the real deal places. Go to Yasuda, Jewel Bako, Kani Yama or 15 East. That's the real deal.
Stop holding back and tell us how you really feel!
Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by juris335
Why the need for name-calling, K? The cat had nothing to do with the incident. It was a simple effort by me of using epigram humor. I see it didn't work. But my goodness why so quick to start name-calling?
You call that name calling? I'll give you name calling you doofus!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
You call that name calling? I'll give you name calling you doofus!

The word doofus brings back so many memories you nincompoop.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Contributors

abalone I think we have them here in my country, not sure though. Are they the ones you have to ply off of a rock with a knife since they use suction to stick to rocks?

Glad you're ok John. Use a timer next time.

Stay safe and get well soon

Quick Reply: I Am Glad I Am Still Alive