Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one spot but i'll try to hug a curb/corner if there's one.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

1 spot for me, just make sure it's an edge or far away. I will even self park in the valet section (paying the valet fee) if I can't find a spot I am comfortable with. At least when I do that the valet know I am serious about door dings, I make an effort to be cool with the valet guys to make sure they keep an eye the car for me also. It's a small price to pay versus a PDR service. Taking 2 spots IMO is just asking for trouble....
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

1 spot duhh
Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

not even an m5 deserves 2 spots...
if anything 2 spots is a bigger threat to your car since ppl will key you for being cocky
i only take one spot of course unless im in an open empty parking lot with my friends and were just chilling there
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Actually it has nothing to do with physical size (Taiwanese aren't all short) but due to some ancient building code that builders use from 2-30 years ago when Datsuns were around...LOL That's my company parking space-- I picked this spot because it's on the end and the only problems I'd have would be on my left hand side.. which isn't bad because the guy who parks there drives a MB E-class so he's super careful...

Also maybe because realestate is so expensive here that it's more affordable this way? A parking spot like this would cost you about 90-120,000 dollars.

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='619520' date='Jul 9 2008, 11:48 PM
Damn, there really is no space in the pix. I guessing the majority of the people there are not large in size and the spaces where scaled for thin biult drivers and passengers.

BTW, The only time I would take 2 spots is if Im at my apartment where I own both spaces and my girls car is not home. Other then that, park far or next to a concrete garage post. That way I get more room and not have to worry about the passenger side next to the post getting dinged.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can park http://www.metacafe.com/watch/932408/amazing_car_park/ as well

but ok, it is always better to have http://revver.com/video/582412/how-not-to-park/...
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

1 spot. I love my car, but it is JUST a car. I park it like I parked my Jeep. By parking far away, taking two spots, etc, you are only drawing attention to your car.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='619635' date='Jul 9 2008, 07:36 PM
+1 -- clearly these are all things to consider...

The only problem is you can never guarantee that the next car to pull in after one of those previously parked cars leaves will meet the same criteria!

How many times have you freaked out after carefully choosing a "good" space only to return to your car and find some old beat up POS parked next to you? I immediately go into damage investigation mode and have even gone as far as noting the make, model, and license plate information of the junker just in case I notice some ding later on...
I'm sorry Rudy but this sounds a bit paranoid to me.
But don't worry: I heard that the F10 will come with 360 degree camera view as an option, with a small TFT monitor in the key fob so you can check your car continuously when it's parked.

And my reply to the thread-starter: Personally I think it's quite arrogant and not very social to take 2 parking spaces. I never saw anybody do that, except for a Maybach 62 the other day (for obvious reasons).
Old 07-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

The other extreme is this Peugeot...
Attached Thumbnails How do you park?-narrow_parking.jpg   How do you park?-b5_disabled.jpg  
Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619590' date='Jul 9 2008, 12:07 PM
No need to be an a$$hole yourslef with such a reply.

Maybe if you would read the whole tread you would be considerate and less of a moron,

It is people like you that make me want to punch people in the mouth.

cheers,

Are you kidding me!? If you ask a stupid question, you are going to get these types of replies. Like I said before, when I see someone who parks on the line and takes up 2 spaces I think "wow, what an asshole" and yes that includes you.

Quick Reply: How do you park?