Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How did you buy your BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='924887' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:32 PM
I love my life, dude - I'd not wanna have it any other way. Truth is, when I left my hometown in Russia, my mother was one of the most prominent criminal attorneys in town and I pretty much had the entire career lined up for me - which I decided to forego and come to the States and make it on my own. Sure, it has been tough at times, but I can firmly say I did it myself and no one handed me anything I think, you're kinda like that too, Krozi - otherwise, I'd not be talking to you about this

I don't think Krozi's spoiled... just my opnion.

Dude, one thing you gotta get straight: YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO AMBITIOUS. ALWAYS TRY TO BETTER YOURSELF. Whenever you think something's too hard to do - that's EXACTLY the thing you gotta do.
Thanks man I appreciate it
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Members

Aww..
Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

Nice stories...Mine is simple...I got in an argument with my fiancee, got pissed off, went to go buy a Corvette, and remembered I do have a little girl, so the 2 seater was out of the question...IMHO, E60 best looking 4 door out there period..so I went over to BMW and pulled the trigger...Should've done more research, I would be driving a v8...lol..Anyways I'm happy!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Contributors

at first i was looking for 335 coupes and couldnt find anything in my area. went to a local bmw dealer test drove black 525's. i was set on black, went in and talked numbers and the dealership was trying to screw me for 8k over blue book. i laughed and walked out. Next day drove to a dealership 45 mins away. Walked on the lot, saw my alpine white sitting there. Went in, talked numbers, put 15k down, financed the rest through the dealer. refinanced 4 months later and got a low rate of 4.85%. Will save me over 2k over the life of the loan. Plan on paying it off within 2 years because i dont have a early term penalty.

Im very happy with my dealer but from here on out i will be shopping on a forum like this. there are tons of awesome deals in the classifieds.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='925420' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:49 AM
at first i was looking for 335 coupes and couldnt find anything in my area. went to a local bmw dealer test drove black 525's. i was set on black, went in and talked numbers and the dealership was trying to screw me for 8k over blue book. i laughed and walked out. Next day drove to a dealership 45 mins away. Walked on the lot, saw my alpine white sitting there. Went in, talked numbers, put 15k down, financed the rest through the dealer. refinanced 4 months later and got a low rate of 4.85%. Will save me over 2k over the life of the loan. Plan on paying it off within 2 years because i dont have a early term penalty.

Im very happy with my dealer but from here on out i will be shopping on a forum like this. there are tons of awesome deals in the classifieds.
good thing you didnt get a black one, otherwise your screen name wouldnt make sense
Old 06-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

That day I had to use the restroom badly...the dealer told me customer use only...pointed at the car and filled the forms really fast and what a relieved.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by radzM550i' post='924170' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:44 PM
I wasn't really planning on buying a BMW. One night, finacee got an accident and I persuaded her to buy a new car and she said she wanted a BMW. So, next day we went to Longbeach BMW, she purchased e90 335. Then I saw this 550 and asked how much is it. Then Bam!!! I can afford, so both of us went home with smiles up to our ears that night. Not knowing that there are M versions I was very happy with my car. A year later, both of us upgraded to M.
Awesome story.... "both of us went home with smiles up to our ears that night"
Old 06-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Contributors

I fell in love the first time I saw the E36... way back in 1992; ever since then I always wanted my own BMW.

Fast forward 16 years and I could finally afford to buy my dream car...got it for my 31st birthday, one of the most awesome days of yet. A gift that keeps on giving

Love my Beemer
Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='924263' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:30 PM
Stole mine
I knew it. Can I steal it next?
Old 06-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='924887' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:32 PM
I love my life, dude - I'd not wanna have it any other way. Truth is, when I left my hometown in Russia, my mother was one of the most prominent criminal attorneys in town and I pretty much had the entire career lined up for me - which I decided to forego and come to the States and make it on my own. Sure, it has been tough at times, but I can firmly say I did it myself and no one handed me anything I think, you're kinda like that too, Krozi - otherwise, I'd not be talking to you about this

I don't think Krozi's spoiled... just my opnion.

With that slow-a$$ 530 as your get away? I'll borrow my boy's bike and I'll drive you, c'mon, X!

Dude, one thing you gotta get straight: YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO AMBITIOUS. ALWAYS TRY TO BETTER YOURSELF. Whenever you think something's too hard to do - that's EXACTLY the thing you gotta do.
Vlad,

Your story is the living of the American dream. This still is one of the few places in the world that people can come to with nothing -- no money, no connections -- but ambition and make it. For all of the USA's flaws, this is one of the best things about the country. In many places, if you don't have massive connections, you can't get anywhere.

Quick Reply: How did you buy your BMW?