Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How did you buy your BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as many of you know, I am 16 and many people probably wonder why the hell I am driving this car. Especially the folks in Europe.

I have written this little essay many times before, but I will write it again

My Dad is a great guy and he can't help but spoil us all. I loves new toys and he was the reason I got this car.
He wanted to have a little fun as well so that is why I am driving this car I had to pay all my savings ($4,500) and also have to pay for ALL of my mods.
I understand that driving this car at this age is CRAZY but my Dad isn't stupid. He knows that I understand what this car means and how insane it is that I am driving this car. He wouldn't have bought this car for me if I he thought I didn't value it enough.

I love my car and it's always clean. I devote a lot of time to my car to make sure it is always in great shape and near car-show ready

So how did you get your BMW?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

My story is simple. I located a 550 with the options I wanted at Circle BMW in Eatontown. I then negotiated the lease with the general sales mamager over email. I reached the deal in two or three emails. It was easy because I had all the infomation on invoice pricing for all of the options and packagaes and had the info (thanks Tarry of leasecompare.com!) for the BMWFS money factor and residual value for the lease.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Contributors

I got out of the military. Was used to having it rough. worked a lot, not a lot of money. got VERY fortunate to find a job in a dying economy that would pay me almost triple my military salary for my unique skill set. Needed a new car, set a cap for myself. knew i wanted a lease. test drove a bunch of luxury cars, went to test drive a 335, got a better deal on the 535.

I am still single, no kids, have nobody to answer to. i wanted to drive a nice ass ride.

i kinda HAD to answer to this thread
Old 06-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='924129' date='Jun 25 2009, 08:54 PM
I got out of the military. Was used to having it rough. worked a lot, not a lot of money. got VERY fortunate to find a job in a dying economy that would pay me almost triple my military salary for my unique skill set. Needed a new car, set a cap for myself. knew i wanted a lease. test drove a bunch of luxury cars, went to test drive a 335, got a better deal on the 535.

I am still single, no kids, have nobody to answer to. i wanted to drive a nice ass ride.

i kinda HAD to answer to this thread

Nice story
Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Short and sweet.

Friends were buying BMWs.
I was tired of dumping money on my 1963 Impala.
Went online and searched for a V8 BMW, found the 545i.
Called a friend that is a dealer and went to a dealer auction.
Picked this bad boy up.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Alpine White, Black inside,Sport Package, M Tech kit, SMG, Navigation, Cold weather package

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='924118' date='Jun 25 2009, 08:45 PM
My story is simple. I located a 550 with the options I wanted at Circle BMW in Eatontown. I then negotiated the lease with the general sales mamager over email. I reached the deal in two or three emails. It was easy because I had all the infomation on invoice pricing for all of the options and packagaes and had the info (thanks Tarry of leasecompare.com!) for the BMWFS money factor and residual value for the lease.
I got in trouble with the X6 from Circle BMW, last year I paid cash for it. Now state of NJ wants to keep it.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
CCS
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='924111' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:38 PM
Well, as many of you know, I am 16 and many people probably wonder why the hell I am driving this car. Especially the folks in Europe.

I have written this little essay many times before, but I will write it again

My Dad is a great guy and he can't help but spoil us all. I loves new toys and he was the reason I got this car.
He wanted to have a little fun as well so that is why I am driving this car I had to pay all my savings ($4,500) and also have to pay for ALL of my mods.
I understand that driving this car at this age is CRAZY but my Dad isn't stupid. He knows that I understand what this car means and how insane it is that I am driving this car. He wouldn't have bought this car for me if I he thought I didn't value it enough.

I love my car and it's always clean. I devote a lot of time to my car to make sure it is always in great shape and near car-show ready

So how did you get your BMW?
This is almost the exact same situation for me. My dad has always had BMW's and has bought many cars from Murray in Denver so he got a good deal on my car. He knows i appreciate everything and I realize how lucky I am. I take really good care of my car and I always make sure that it is in the best shape. I also work very hard in school and got into a good college and my dad really appreciates that.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Bought it with my hard earned money....no sponsors
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

I wasn't really planning on buying a BMW. One night, finacee got an accident and I persuaded her to buy a new car and she said she wanted a BMW. So, next day we went to Longbeach BMW, she purchased e90 335. Then I saw this 550 and asked how much is it. Then Bam!!! I can afford, so both of us went home with smiles up to our ears that night. Not knowing that there are M versions I was very happy with my car. A year later, both of us upgraded to M.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

i loved BMW since in High school, of course i couldnt afford one, worked couple jobs and got nissan 300ZX in 1998, went throught the worst winter in 50 years, sold in 1999 and 2000 Audi A4, i did look at BMW, but no AWD at that time, after BMW first AWD in 2001, i sold my audi and got 2001 330XI, my first BMW, of course i work none stop since high school, then i saw FX35, thought it looks nice, so got 2007 FX35, but still love BMW, so come back to 535XI, had 3 series so wont like to get 3 series again, come to join 5 series family, i really like the angel eyes and the headlight looks cool

Quick Reply: How did you buy your BMW?