Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hey, Rudy - Still Floating?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:07 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rudy, were you caught up in any of this?
"For this 1.7-square mile Pittsburgh suburb, the culprit was Chartiers Creek, and residents said they have lost more than just furniture and carpeting."

Ivan Story
Old 09-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

JDN, thanks for thinking of me.

Fortunately, there were no problems for me at my home -- even though there's a stream in my back yard that feeds into the Chartiers Creek that flooded out a few towns. Many people had wet basements due to the ground being so saturated from the remnants of the earlier hurricane just a week before. What was left of Ivan met with another low pressure system that was travelling West to East right around our area so the whole thing stalled over Pennsylvania from the Southwest corner up towards the Northeast corner. It was a record single day rainfall at around 8 inches. (They say if it would have been snow, it would have been 80 inches.) It was declared a Federal disaster area yesterday.

A very good friend of mine (and former M3 SMG owner) lost his entire business and around seven very valuable collector cars he built over the years. :'(

Here's a link to some news stories and photos from the region.

I had to attend a meeting about two hours North of here in Erie, PA that day. I drove through a constant downpour for at least the first hour and a half. Once my meeting was over, I drove back into it. The car was perfect. It was everyone else's car that was making me crazy!

As bad as it was here, I still feel lucky since there were many, many more people that were less fortunate in Florida and other areas that were hit much harder by winds and rain. I think the most amazing part of everything is that there was only one fatality. Of course that's one too many but considering that they were using the Air National Guard to pluck people off of rooftops of buildings, I'd say we came out pretty well.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:41 PM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the report, Rudy. That was a close call for you. I'm really sorry about your M3 friend and his terrific loss of his cars. On a side note, I checked out the link and I'll swear that Ellen Cramer (Sep. 20 photos) looks like Mr. Ellen Cramer even though referred to as a she.
Anyhow, glad you missed the mud trauma.