Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hello from New Orleans!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Hello everyone from New Orleans...! Found some time to write ( of course ) - having a great time until now. Having narrowlly missed hurricane Ivan!! just to the south of Atlanta we headed for Pensacola to visit the famous naval aviation museum there - only to find this beautiful city here ruined...a real shame and hardship for the folks here.... obviously we continued going on until Mobile AL
this was not that any better since most of the area was out of electricity...
Stayed in Pascagoula on the coast which was rather nice...

With New Orleans we close the circle of music history - had a great time in Memphis , birthplace of blues and rock n' roll, Nashville where we attended a country music concert in the Grand Ole Opry ( wow, nice...) and New Orleans
we've heard enough live jazz music to last us for a couple of years..!!!

This week my 545i will be delivered to my dealer back home !!!
Of course I have secret agents/friends standing by to monitor the arrival and/or take photos...send email when it arrives...who can blame me ....right??

Can't wait to see it!!

Been having great food as well...but still can't top the BBQ session with JDN!!!

OK... this is andy545 signing off from NO - next week will be back home ( only for one day mind you!! ) where hopefully I will be able to post some pics of my 545i
at the dealers...

Over and out,

Andy.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Andy,

It's a shame that you weren't able to spend any time in Pensacola. It is (or at least was) a beautiful place. I grew up in Pensacola and am very saddened to hear of all of the devastation there. My sister and her two children have basically become "refugees" of the storm and are staying with me for a couple of days until things start returning a bit more to normal.

For anyone who's interested in seeing some good pictures of the power of a hurricane, go to www.pensacolanewsjournal.com and click on the large "headline" image to go to the galleries.

-MrB
Old 09-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Man it looks like a warzone over there... I feel sorry for the people who lost their houses..

Here's the link to devestation

Andy have fun on your holiday man!! Call me when you are back!