Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hey Formula 1 Fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

BMW SAUBER F1 VIDEO at test days in Valenicia circuit

VOLUME UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.auto.cz/media/?video=bmw_sauber_f1/jizda.avi
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='257566' date='Mar 20 2006, 01:34 PM
yeah Nick was good, but still the best was Nico!!! poor guys with Williams also BWM I hope they will be fed up once with that loosing races

JV was even better if he cud get an M5
and Ferrari was amazingly showing its capabilities in the end if the have 3-4 laps more they wud come one pos further but still
PS. one question still-take it serios- if you wanna take out your gal whcih car wud you choose?

A) world champ=RENAULT

the not so yet well performing= Ferrari

C) ... =BMW
BMW all the way.
You'll see that in time they will get their facts right and come out with the perfect car. They just lack some really good drivers like Alonso. After all it's the 2nd race in a "singular" team. I know it's bmw sauber but come on allmost all is bmw. In the race when it showed the team points, it simply wrote BMW. Wich is good .
Old 03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

I hope BMW Sauber does well this year but I am not counting on it. It is too soon to expect any better results than mid-field on a regular basis. BMW bought an average performing team when they bought Sauber. Remember, for the past few years Sauber has had Ferrari Power and could only get to the middle of the pack. They do not have a history of a consistantly high achieving team.

I was really put-off last year by Mario Theissen constantly blaming the Williams chassis when it became obvious to everyone that the problem was the BMW engine. They probably went too conservative to make the engine last two race weekends and it was no longer the most powerful in the field. Rather than admitting that they got the 2005 engine wrong, Mario kept saying that the Wiliams chassis was not good. Be a man, Mario, stop blaming others. Lets see who gets the blame this year if BMW Sauber does not improve.

In the meantime, it must be gratifying for Sir Frank and Patrick to see their Williams cars faster on track than the BMW Saubers. Renault has to be the favorites but I don't see them with a lock on the Championship yet. Both Ferrari and McLaren will improve and Honda has a shot if they can get someone in the pits who understands race strategy.

It's going to be fun.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' post='257708' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:14 PM
I hope BMW Sauber does well this year but I am not counting on it. It is too soon to expect any better results than mid-field on a regular basis. BMW bought an average performing team when they bought Sauber. Remember, for the past few years Sauber has had Ferrari Power and could only get to the middle of the pack. They do not have a history of a consistantly high achieving team.

I was really put-off last year by Mario Theissen constantly blaming the Williams chassis when it became obvious to everyone that the problem was the BMW engine. They probably went too conservative to make the engine last two race weekends and it was no longer the most powerful in the field. Rather than admitting that they got the 2005 engine wrong, Mario kept saying that the Wiliams chassis was not good. Be a man, Mario, stop blaming others. Lets see who gets the blame this year if BMW Sauber does not improve.

In the meantime, it must be gratifying for Sir Frank and Patrick to see their Williams cars faster on track than the BMW Saubers. Renault has to be the favorites but I don't see them with a lock on the Championship yet. Both Ferrari and McLaren will improve and Honda has a shot if they can get someone in the pits who understands race strategy.

It's going to be fun.
Finnaly another F1 fanatic...
I agree with you on everything although about the remark of Williams vs BMW Sauber i have to say that the driver has a key role in getting the best out of the car and thus better lap times. We will see if overall williams will deliver the better car. I for one don't think so...but we'll have to wait and see.

And btw do you know what's sauber's apport to this car? Where i can find stuff like that? What is their apport to the car technicly and to the team?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

anybody planning on going to some race in Europe?
Preferably Austria, Germany or Hungaroring
how about some little E60 meet there? anybody has some experience from before? I would prefer something very well organized and some great tickets not some places in the bushes around the track
Old 03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='257796' date='Mar 21 2006, 01:58 AM
how about some little E60 meet there? anybody has some experience from before? I would prefer something very well organized and some great tickets not some places in the bushes around the track
ME TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going this summer to hungaroring. In june or whenever it is. I'd love to have a small e60 meet there also. Then watch the race with some e60 members...that would be a perfect day. Then some comments at the local pub....voila!!!
Going with a friend of mine...hope not the girlfriend...and another friend. So 2 cars.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' post='257708' date='Mar 20 2006, 07:14 PM

It's going to be fun.
Sorry my friend let some stuff clear, so Williams did not let BMW to develop new engine and other technics, I was very happy when the broke up. I am willing the BMW will perform better at leas killed the toyota that was already a thing to be happy about, but they should push it harder a bit to be among winners

ps. I wud kick Kliens a$$ for killing Kimi, he is the best after MS you will see that age is not only advantage, experience what counts.

PS2. who the ##### is Alonso?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='257796' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:58 PM
you stil got 138 days I think I will not be home that time, but wanna try out also the track once in CZ...Tim said it was perfect.

http://www.hungaroinfo.com/formel1/tickets_all_en.htm
Old 03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ats77' post='257813' date='Mar 21 2006, 02:45 AM
PS2. who the ##### is Alonso?
Yeah right...nobody <_<
Old 03-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='257793' date='Mar 20 2006, 04:51 PM
Finnaly another F1 fanatic...
I agree with you on everything although about the remark of Williams vs BMW Sauber i have to say that the driver has a key role in getting the best out of the car and thus better lap times. We will see if overall williams will deliver the better car. I for one don't think so...but we'll have to wait and see.

And btw do you know what's sauber's apport to this car? Where i can find stuff like that? What is their apport to the car technicly and to the team?
It is my understanding that the chassis development and production are at the Sauber facility in Switzerland. The engine development is in Munich and the production, I believe, is in Landshut.

Don't get me wrong, I hope that BMW does really well this year but I think wins are too much to expect. As far as the contribution of the driver it is, of course, important but the whole package is what counts. It is what made MS so successful. Good car, good driver, good team and good co-ordination. (Having Ruebens running interference didn't hurt either.)

For those who are knocking Alonso, he is the real deal. Don't sell him short. He is smart, young and very fast.

Quick Reply: Hey Formula 1 Fans