Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hello from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Sep 10 2004, 04:40 PM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Sep 10 2004, 04:11 PM'] I like chicken and fish on my barbeque.. Especially salmon and the big shrimps from bubba gumps shrimpboat..? ?
Bar-B-Cue, Barbecue, BBQ, it's a food group not a cooking implement. I think you are talking about a grill. Don't get me started (FOGLIGHT alert) [/quote]
Aha... We call the grill a barbeque too over here.. What's the difference between them?? They both work on charcoal and the meat is barbequed??

Actually I have the lower one standing in my garden. It's a Weber barbeque.. woops.. Weber grill...
Old 09-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SkiScubaSailDude' date='Sep 11 2004, 06:34 AM
[quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 10 2004, 06:37 PM'] [quote name='kigerka' date='Sep 10 2004, 05:03 PM'] I am a NC BBQue fan.? From NC, and raised eating it all my life so I guess that is why.
And the best NC BBQ is..........??? [/quote]
oooh... now that is a question that could spark some heated discussion. BBQ is more like a religion than a food in NC. BBQ in NC is almost always pork, cooked over a gas, or hickory coal heat. BBQ in NC can be finely chopped, coarsly chopped, or even sliced. But its the BBQ sauces in NC that give BBQ its flavor. Depending on the area you make it to, the sauce could be mustard, ketchup, or (my favorite) vinegar based.

Saying what's best has alot to do with personal taste. And lets face it, BBQ isn't the only reason you eat in NC... the sides are just as important, and as varried... be it slaw (also many different types) or hushpuppies (fried corn meal and seasonings), topped off with a desert of some bananna pudding, a meal at a NC BBQ restaurant is an experience for the taste buds, as well as the ambiance.

Personally, I find the BBQ in Kinston, and Wilson NC to be top notch, but there is a little hole in the wall in a neighboring town that is to die for!

jtxc is very correct... BBQ is a food group, not a method... BBQ is cooked on a grill!!! Let me know when you are headed to NC/SC jtxc, who knows, maybe we can have a Myrtle Beach meet up and drive! [/quote]
You have it right on. I love going to Kings in Kinston. They have great BBque. I prefer the vinegar based style as well. There are 2 cookouts by my home town each year and the pork is just awesome.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

I miss Tx BBQ.. glad u're liking the States!
Old 09-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

maybe we can have a Myrtle Beach meet up and drive!
i care more about this than the bbq . especially if we have over 10 e60 park on the side, how many hot chicks do you think we can attract ?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 12 2004, 12:53 AM
i care more about this than the bbq . especially if we have over 10 e60 park on the side, how many hot chicks do you think we can attract ?
In MB, more than you want. Be sure to check ID's first.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Senior Members

In MB, more than you want. Be sure to check ID's first.
, that's some good news ! but how can i ask? "oh, can i see your id please? good, you are over 21. hi, my name is alohalc. can i buy you a drink?"
Old 09-12-2004, 04:02 AM
Contributors

IT has been a while since I really cruised MB but there is a club by the boardwalk that is for underage folk. Be sure to stay away from there or you could be the next contestant on "Who's bitch will I become first"
I also heard that the Police are trickier than before. It is still a good time of course. Now I Usually stay at the northern tip of Myrtle just before you get to North Myrtle. I am getting old
Old 09-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

I am getting old?
i'm getting old as well . i think clubbing is not for me anymore. i don't want to hear, "uncle, you looking for something? your kids? " so we better superglue our butts to the chair and browse this forum !
Old 09-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Sep 13 2004, 01:00 AM
...so we better superglue our butts to the chair and browse this forum !
Old 09-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

iceman, i'm wondering why i don't see a laptop in your trunk .

Quick Reply: Hello from Dallas