Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hello from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my heavy Dutch accent I pronounce them foklights..

Just thought I'd share that

Old 09-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 10 2004, 03:12 PM
With my heavy Dutch accent I pronounce them foklights..

Just thought I'd share that

I had the same thought... we can have some "focky" conditions over here hehehe
Old 09-10-2004, 01:46 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Sep 10 2004, 01:06 PM
Are those all the bones? Man, when I'm done eating ribs, there's usually a stack (or 'mound' maybe) of bones three or four inches high!

Either way, looks like a great time was had by all...
I should have taken a before and after of that plate. Believe me, it was piled high. Other than the ribs, you could pile all you wanted on the plate. He was a real fan of the cole slaw. Maria asked Andy more than once, where are you putting all of this. My lady has the idea to put everybody's bones on the plate for the picture, but Andy didn't go for it. He polished off a big waffle cone dipped in chocolate after that. This is not a heavy person doing all of this eating. And you're right, a good time was had by all.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:52 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Sep 10 2004, 03:35 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Sep 10 2004, 11:58 AM'] [quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 10 2004, 12:34 PM'] Those look like pork ribs JDN............Thought Texas BBQ was only beef
Most ribs are pork, even in Texas. [/quote]
JDN I've been sitting on this Barbeque thing all day and I can't hold back my thoughts.

How could you play host to Andy545 and allow him to eat St. Louis style pork ribs in Texas! Now I know it's Houston and Austin that are the real leaders in Q but c'mon JDN there has to be authentic Texas 'Q in Dallas.

Yes when it comes to ribs, it's always pork (St. Louis ribs not those Danish Baby backs), but when it comes to BBQ & Texas it's Always BEEF! And it's either carved brisket or shoulder clod served on either white bread or jalapeno bread period, exclamation point, end of story. Also it's always a dry rub, always slow smoked over mesquite, and the sauce is never "mopped" onto the meat, it's served seperate.

Oh well REAL BBQ comes from the South not the West anyways so who really cares.

Just kidding JDN, I guess my thoughts on BBQ tend to be like iceman's attitude toward foglights [/quote]
Just do not know how to respond to all of that, jtxc, except to say that they were doing it that way before I got here. Why they even BBQ chicken, can you believe that, and sausage, too. I'm not sure how those beef sausage would go over, especially stuffed in tri .... ugh, forget it.

This stuff was good -- heavily hickory smoked. Many BBQ around here with Mesquite, but I prefer hickory and sassafras.

Incidentally, fellows, Andy is taking in a real live rodeo in Mesquite, TX tonight.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Mmmmmhh barbeque chicken.. I'm gonna visit you JDN.. I'm not a fan of pork.. I'm not a moslim but I just don't like the taste of porkmeat.. (My wife also doesn't understand me on this issue, so I know I am a weird guy).
Old 09-10-2004, 02:03 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 10 2004, 04:10 PM
[quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 10 2004, 10:35 PM'] Just kidding JDN,? I guess my thoughts on BBQ tend to be like iceman's attitude toward foglights ? ?
You called me?

Did you just said the magic word?? Fogligths???

[/quote]
Not me!
Attached Thumbnails Hello from Dallas-fog.jpg  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Contributors

This is the best one ever!!! I vote it #1 on funny posts.. hahaha
Old 09-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Just playing around JDN. I forgot about Hickory and sassafrass, it's a nice touch. When I was in Houston for the Super Bowl this year I ate BBQ daily, great stuff, just different from down south. I saw a lot of turkey BBQ'd in Houston also.......crazyness.

I'm working on a concept to bring BBQ up here in Mass. We have a little, most of it not very authentic. Our concept will have Texas brisket, Tennesee , Carolina, and KC style pork ribs. I'll be doing a travel and research stint to S.C., Tenn, K.C., and Texas in Februrary to shore up our concept. Dallas/Houston/Austin recommendations would be appreciated (everyone has a favorite) That's why I'm being a BBQ snob. peace
Old 09-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Contributors

I like chicken and fish on my barbeque.. Especially salmon and the big shrimps from bubba gumps shrimpboat..
Old 09-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Sep 11 2004, 12:03 AM
Not me!
Great pic!

Quick Reply: Hello from Dallas