Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Im not asking for donations.. lol.. im done with that.. i raised just over $1800.00 towards research.. as did thousands others that are walking this weekend.. The walk starts in NYC on the West side.. continues all the way up(through the city somehow) to Randalls Island, where we tent (im tenting with my cousin-not the assinine one that surfaced recently) and then we start our journey back towards the West side.. pier 81? not sure..

I dont know if will be shown on TV.. Avon has the most registered walkers at this walk then any all over the country... I am walking 39 miles in 2 days.. ( i know) Imagine thousands of walkers.. each raising roughly $2000 each.. do the math.. its alot of money towards a disease that affects so many.. I just wanted to share that with all of you.. Ill let you know how I do on monday when my legs are dead, my feet have blisters and my body is exhausted.. (maybe not-- maybe invigorated)

p.s at least my fingers will work.. lol.. thanks again Mel

okay.. well here i am.. sore as hell.. stiff in the mornings.. but we had over 5600 walkers.. raised over 11.5 MILLION towards research.. it will get split up and different amounts will go to different organizations on breat cancer.. on saturday the walk started on pier 81 or 83(?) on 44th and the west side.. right next to the intrepid which took its first sail back to its port on thursday.. it will re-open on november 8th i believe..

we walked from 44th and west street all the way to 154th and riverside.. then turned around.. came back through the west side, broadway, spanish harlem, down through chelsea, then tribeca then over the brooklyn bridge, back up over the manhattan bridge and up to east river drive to randalls island.. i only walked 20 miles out of the 26 on sat due to blisters.. when i got to randalls they had triage.. thousands had blisters. needed physical therapy. medical.. etc.. some even passed out.. but we all kept going thinking our pain was nothing compared to the ones that had cancer or were going through it.. we ate under a huge tent.. slept in tents set up by the boy scouts on the island.. (i slept horrible..lol..)

we all woke up in our tents to pouring rain..(ugh) didnt expect it.. me and my cousin made ponchos out of the pink plastic tablecloths we ate on.. and started our walk.. after i popped blisters and taped up my foot...lol.. we completed the other 13 miles on sunday.. walking down east side, through soho and back over to the west side and up to 44th again where we started.. it was so organized.. everyone cheers you on the whole way.. best most rewarding thing ive ever done. everyone helped each other.. i met so many that had cancer and were walking! its insane.. biggest rush.. most pain i put my body through.. towards the end walkers could barely lift our legs to get on and off the 4inch curb to cross the street..lol.. adrenaline is amazing and i would do it again.. i walked a total of 33.3 miles.. (i did no training either.lol. bad iknow..lol)

i just wanted to say thanks to you guys for boosting me along.. you never know who this disease will affect.... here are some pics.. sorry im not in many.. we were up at 415 a.m.. i looked like shit.. pale..(tan faded) and i slept like crap.. lol..couldnt let you see me like that..lmao.. bye.. Mel
Attached Thumbnails Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-1.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-2.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-3.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-4.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-5.jpg  

Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-6.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-7.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-8.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-block_away_from_finish.jpg   Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer-button.jpg  

Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Congrats and good luck mel. Take your time to stretch before and especially after. My wife did this 3 years ago out here. Really cool event to be a part of
Old 10-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

My mother did the one in Santa Monica , CA 3 years ago. Be sure to get that foot gel on every time you change your socks!! and bring lots of advil. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

You go girl !!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

That's great. Good luck. Just found out my sister in law was diagnosed w/ breast cancer. Pretty scary stuff.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by moschse' post='684552' date='Oct 3 2008, 09:48 AM
That's great. Good luck. Just found out my sister in law was diagnosed w/ breast cancer. Pretty scary stuff.
GL to your sister and your family

My aunt was dx'd 5 yrs ago with breast CA. She's going strong still
Old 10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by melimel' post='684426' date='Oct 3 2008, 06:24 AM
Im not asking for donations.. lol.. im done with that.. i raised just over $1800.00 towards research.. as did thousands others that are walking this weekend.. The walk starts in NYC on the West side.. continues all the way up(through the city somehow) to Randalls Island, where we tent (im tenting with my cousin-not the assinine one that surfaced recently) and then we start our journey back towards the West side.. pier 81? not sure..

I dont know if will be shown on TV.. Avon has the most registered walkers at this walk then any all over the country... I am walking 39 miles in 2 days.. ( i know) Imagine thousands of walkers.. each raising roughly $2000 each.. do the math.. its alot of money towards a disease that affects so many.. I just wanted to share that with all of you.. Ill let you know how I do on monday when my legs are dead, my feet have blisters and my body is exhausted.. (maybe not-- maybe invigorated)

p.s at least my fingers will work.. lol.. thanks again Mel
You're a good woman Mel! Good Luck with the walk!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Here's my support from half way around the world... Good luck Mel!! You're a wonderful woman with a great heart!! for Mel.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good luck Mel
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Very cool Mel...very cool!

As a side note, with all the meets we all do, we should raise money for charities like these. It's a great cause. The next meet we do on the east coast, we're incorporating a charity into it.

Quick Reply: Guys im doing the Avon walk for breast cancer