Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got speeding ticket today. =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='974737' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:32 PM
+1 Happened to a friend who is now a cop. He got a speeding ticket, cop claimed he was doing 85. When the judge asked how he knew the cops only answer was "I had to do nearly 100 to catch up" - that isn't good enough, case was dismissed. You need to find out how he "knew" you were doing 91 and as long as he doesn't read this thread you win
Even if he read this thread, I never mentioned how fast I was going today.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='974754' date='Aug 13 2009, 12:57 AM
...I never mentioned how fast I was going today.
Yes you did, just not on this thread.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Sport Package, Titanium Gray II Metallic, Wheel Style 124

thats sucks man hope you can take traffic school... good luck
Old 08-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear Tony
Old 08-13-2009, 03:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974708' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:06 AM
Ooooh, there's your out!! Go to court..discovery..find out when the last time his speedometer was calibrated. Tire changes, tire sizing would be relevant as well. They would have records for all of this. I bet the speedo was never calibrated since the day it was put in service. You WIN!!!

Get a lawyer, no radar is a total win for you SON!
Good advice.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='974576' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:22 PM
Good attitude, man. Too many trash the cops when the LEOs are just doing their job. I have been pretty lucky too, but if I get a ticket tomorrow, I will recognize that I should have gotten that ticket 10 or 15 years ago. I won't like the fine, but....

BTW, my grandma noticed you going so slow. She asked me: "Who the hell was that jerk driving so slowly??? lol
+1 Glad you have a sense of humor about it GL
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i sport, 46k, titanium grey with dakota grey interior, auto stick, all options except HUD

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='974708' date='Aug 13 2009, 01:06 AM
Ooooh, there's your out!! Go to court..discovery..find out when the last time his speedometer was calibrated. Tire changes, tire sizing would be relevant as well. They would have records for all of this. I bet the speedo was never calibrated since the day it was put in service. You WIN!!!

Get a lawyer, no radar is a total win for you SON!
The radars get calibrated once a year. The speedo calibration is certified from factory and is considered constant because tire size is never allowed to be changed on cruisers. There are several web sites on how to beat tickets, it comes down to the operators driving history whether the court will find someone not guilty,,,,thats how it is in taxachusetts anyways,,,,lets all chill out on the "piggies" referances,,,we dont live on the autobahn so deal with our actions like an adult
Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='974563' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:11 PM
I've had a few really really close calls in the last month or so and kinda knew it was coming sooner or later. Twice I was doing 90-100mph and my instant radar went off and I slammed on the brakes. The first time I saw a motorcycle cop way up ahead pointing a radar gun my way. Thought I was busted for sure. I passed him doing about 70 but he didn't even look at me...still kept his radar gun pointing down the freeway. The second time, instant radar warning went off again. Stepped on the brakes and saw an officer on the left lane standing by his cruiser pointing his radar at me. I passed him at about 70 and he turned and pointed his radar at the rear of my car. I think that's because I have no front plate and he didn't get a good reflection the first time. By the time he pointed at my rear plate, I was only a few miles over the speed limit. Phewwwwww......

So.......I was driving to SF this morning on Hwy 280 and I think around the Hillsborough area, my V1 picked up a weak signal from behind. It was intermittent and I didn't see anything behind me so I thought I might have passed a CHP on the other side of the freeway. I slowed down just in case and after about a minute, it went away. I kept it easy for a few miles and then I would speed up a bit here and there to pass slower traffic.

Got into the Daly City area and there were more cars on the road so I was just following the speed of traffic on the left lane. Then the right lanes opened up and the two cars in front of me were going kinda "slow", probably around 75ish so I decided to speed up and pass them on the #2 lane. I had stopped watching my rearview mirror for a little while now but right after I passed those two cars, I looked up and sure enough.......Looked like a spaceship flying down the freeway and about to ram my a$$.

Pulled over. The officer said "everytime you accelerated, you were probably going about 95 mph." I'm guessing he was the one my radar picked up a while back and had probably turned off his radar and followed me from a far distance. Unless he had just came from some onramp and just made up that statement.

He took my license, registration and insurance and right before he walked back to his car, he decides to go to the front and look at my plateless front bumper.

Net net, he ticketed me for 91mph in a 65 and no front plate.

My main concern is if the 1mph extra may have made me ineligible for traffic school and perhaps even 2 pts on my driving record. Anyone know??

On the way home, I was going about 70-75mph and EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMA were passing me on the left and right.
i like fast Tony.. sorry for ya hun
Old 08-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Sorry about the ticket Tony. Like everyone said, just get bite the bullet and get a lawyer.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a ticket for 23 mph over the speed limit 2 months ago. Sadly the county didn't have a diversion program. I could have gone to traffic school, but it is 2 hrs away from my house and then 5 hrs of traffic school and 2hrs driving back home. I just paid the ticket and went on with my life.

Quick Reply: Got speeding ticket today. =(