Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got speeding ticket today. =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I've had a few really really close calls in the last month or so and kinda knew it was coming sooner or later. Twice I was doing 90-100mph and my instant radar went off and I slammed on the brakes. The first time I saw a motorcycle cop way up ahead pointing a radar gun my way. Thought I was busted for sure. I passed him doing about 70 but he didn't even look at me...still kept his radar gun pointing down the freeway. The second time, instant radar warning went off again. Stepped on the brakes and saw an officer on the left lane standing by his cruiser pointing his radar at me. I passed him at about 70 and he turned and pointed his radar at the rear of my car. I think that's because I have no front plate and he didn't get a good reflection the first time. By the time he pointed at my rear plate, I was only a few miles over the speed limit. Phewwwwww......

So.......I was driving to SF this morning on Hwy 280 and I think around the Hillsborough area, my V1 picked up a weak signal from behind. It was intermittent and I didn't see anything behind me so I thought I might have passed a CHP on the other side of the freeway. I slowed down just in case and after about a minute, it went away. I kept it easy for a few miles and then I would speed up a bit here and there to pass slower traffic.

Got into the Daly City area and there were more cars on the road so I was just following the speed of traffic on the left lane. Then the right lanes opened up and the two cars in front of me were going kinda "slow", probably around 75ish so I decided to speed up and pass them on the #2 lane. I had stopped watching my rearview mirror for a little while now but right after I passed those two cars, I looked up and sure enough.......Looked like a spaceship flying down the freeway and about to ram my a$$.

Pulled over. The officer said "everytime you accelerated, you were probably going about 95 mph." I'm guessing he was the one my radar picked up a while back and had probably turned off his radar and followed me from a far distance. Unless he had just came from some onramp and just made up that statement.

He took my license, registration and insurance and right before he walked back to his car, he decides to go to the front and look at my plateless front bumper.

Net net, he ticketed me for 91mph in a 65 and no front plate.

My main concern is if the 1mph extra may have made me ineligible for traffic school and perhaps even 2 pts on my driving record. Anyone know??

On the way home, I was going about 70-75mph and EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMA were passing me on the left and right.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

That sucks Tony....Thats going to be a expensive ticket!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Contributors

I think your right...25mph and over, you can't go to traffic school....
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Contributors

aww that sucks!! I washed my car the other day and took it for a little spin. Went to my favorite little open road with some nice bends. Cops are NEVER there. So the light turned green and i hit it. Im going around 100 and i look ahead and see TWO cops cars parked. I was lucky enough these two piggies were talking and didnt see or hear me coming. Slammed on the brakes and slowed down. My heart dropped!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Contributors

TRAFFIC SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY - You may only attend traffic school for moving violations. You may NOT attend traffic school if any of the following occur: (1) if violation is a misdemeanor; (2) if violation is alcohol related; (3) if mandatory court appearance is required; (4) if you have attended traffic school anywhere within the last 18 months; or (5) if you were cited for driving in excess of 25 miles per hour over the speed limit. Effective September 20, 2005, Commercially-licensed drivers and those possessing hazardous materials endorsements are not eligible to attend traffic school for dismissal purposes.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='974563' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:11 PM
I've had a few really really close calls in the last month or so and kinda knew it was coming sooner or later. Twice I was doing 90-100mph and my instant radar went off and I slammed on the brakes. The first time I saw a motorcycle cop way up ahead pointing a radar gun my way. Thought I was busted for sure. I passed him doing about 70 but he didn't even look at me...still kept his radar gun pointing down the freeway. The second time, instant radar warning went off again. Stepped on the brakes and saw an officer on the left lane standing by his cruiser pointing his radar at me. I passed him at about 70 and he turned and pointed his radar at the rear of my car. I think that's because I have no front plate and he didn't get a good reflection the first time. By the time he pointed at my rear plate, I was only a few miles over the speed limit. Phewwwwww......

So.......I was driving to SF this morning on Hwy 280 and I think around the Hillsborough area, my V1 picked up a weak signal from behind. It was intermittent and I didn't see anything behind me so I thought I might have passed a CHP on the other side of the freeway. I slowed down just in case and after about a minute, it went away. I kept it easy for a few miles and then I would speed up a bit here and there to pass slower traffic.

Got into the Daly City area and there were more cars on the road so I was just following the speed of traffic on the left lane. Then the right lanes opened up and the two cars in front of me were going kinda "slow", probably around 75ish so I decided to speed up and pass them on the #2 lane. I had stopped watching my rearview mirror for a little while now but right after I passed those two cars, I looked up and sure enough.......Looked like a spaceship flying down the freeway and about to ram my a$$.

Pulled over. The officer said "everytime you accelerated, you were probably going about 95 mph." I'm guessing he was the one my radar picked up a while back and had probably turned off his radar and followed me from a far distance. Unless he had just came from some onramp and just made up that statement.

He took my license, registration and insurance and right before he walked back to his car, he decides to go to the front and look at my plateless front bumper.

Net net, he ticketed me for 91mph in a 65 and no front plate.

My main concern is if the 1mph extra may have made me ineligible for traffic school and perhaps even 2 pts on my driving record. Anyone know??

On the way home, I was going about 70-75mph and EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDMA were passing me on the left and right.

Good attitude, man. Too many trash the cops when the LEOs are just doing their job. I have been pretty lucky too, but if I get a ticket tomorrow, I will recognize that I should have gotten that ticket 10 or 15 years ago. I won't like the fine, but....

BTW, my grandma noticed you going so slow. She asked me: "Who the hell was that jerk driving so slowly??? lol
Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Damn it! Sorry to hear that Tony.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Sorry to hear this dude. I got pulled over doing 95mph on the Taconic this weekend in my minivan with full family. I had a courtesy state police badge in the car with me (on someone with me) and we were let off quickly. Proceeded to pass 18 more speed traps...By the way, he asked if I heard of 8 people getting killed the week before...Not sure I see the correlation between my speeding and a drunk, drugged woman driving the wrong way on the Pkwy
Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

damn..that sucks Tony..
Old 08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Damn, and you just got rid of your electronic monitoring bracelet too! Oh well, that's what you get for overcharging that poor sucker for your wheels.

Quick Reply: Got speeding ticket today. =(