Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Global Warming scientist keeps digging his hole deeper!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I love this! He's been busted in a lie and it is slowly falling apart around him...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ate-scientist/

Comments?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
I love this! He's been busted in a lie and it is slowly falling apart around him...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...ate-scientist/

Comments?
ZOMG ITS FOX NEWS....ITS A LIE RAAAR RAAAR RAARRAARRA, CNN AND THE NEW YORK POST ARE THE ONLY NEWS OUTLET I BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE GOOD PEOPLE RAAAR RAAR RAARR (for the slower people, /sarcasm)

Global warming is complete bullshit, just a way for crooked politicians to get in bed with large corporations and scam more people out of money using scare tactics.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

I have always believed if you dug yourself into a hole and you need to get out, you need to quit digging.

sixcard
Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Contributors

Yeah the earth is absolutely getting hotter...the people in the NorthEast need more sunglasses and sunscreen right now

for every 1 green job created, 4 previously held jobs are lost

this is a product of our time, if you look back through US social culture this isnt a new concept that we are bombarded with in our everyday media and entertainment
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

The full interview with Professor Jones can be found here - http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/8511670.stm

If you have the time to read this in full, it does seem to paint a different picture than the news report that Ken linked (which focuses on his answer to just one of over 20 questions he answered for this particular interview).
Old 02-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
ZOMG ITS FOX NEWS....ITS A LIE RAAAR RAAAR RAARRAARRA, CNN AND THE NEW YORK POST ARE THE ONLY NEWS OUTLET I BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE GOOD PEOPLE RAAAR RAAR RAARR (for the slower people, /sarcasm)

Global warming is complete bullshit, just a way for crooked politicians to get in bed with large corporations and scam more people out of money using scare tactics.
What a sensational headline... the journalist at fox did not read the entire interview :thumbsdown:

Please, take politics out of it for a moment. As carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere increase, so have temperatures.

http://earthguide.uc...ages/fig11.html
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-
What a sensational headline... the journalist at fox did not read the entire interview :thumbsdown:

Please, take politics out of it for a moment. As carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere increase, so have temperatures.

http://earthguide.uc...ages/fig11.html

but the conclusion that it is the direct result of human industry is absurd and pails in comparison with climate history prior to human industry and even human beings
Old 02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

one of the hottest measured timeperiods in recent history is during the bronze age
Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
one of the hottest measured timeperiods in recent history is during the bronze age
That data is conveniently ignored in most global warming discussions...
Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
That data is conveniently ignored in most global warming discussions...

because its an example where human beings had little to no effect on the enviornment and yet the temperature rose to incredible levels.

I mean look at the vocabulary and discourse that is going on about global warming, its apocolyptic because the fear of the end or death is enough to make people do what they are told

the proponents of global warming have even gone so far as to label those who dont believe in the conclusions as "deniers" which is a hark to holocaust studies and discourse

as far as sea levels rising go, basic study in oceanography demonstrates that even if we turned all the ice into fresh sea water, levels would not rise as the vast majority of ice is already under water and is the same volume regardless of form

if you dont believe me try this little experiment, put ice in a glass of water and mark where the water level is with a sharpie, then wait til the water melts and check the water level again. It doesnt change. Its the same volume just in a different state.

Quick Reply: Global Warming scientist keeps digging his hole deeper!!