Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Global Warming Protester Gets Owned

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009 | 11:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1078374' date='Dec 22 2009, 02:31 PM
They should take half the physicists from Bern and get them onto the fusion problems instead of looking for a Higgs Boson particle. Even if they find it, I don't see how it's going to help anything.
CERN is a bit of an enigma, not sure what it will do, though it has the theoretical ability to destroy the world and perhaps the universe!...the funny thing is that the search for the Higgs is more or less the make or break moment for supposed M theory (string theory). Though many renowned classical theoretical physicists seem to now agree it must be the 'answer' or the beginning of the answer, (including Hawkings) i just dont. If CERN doesnt find it, M theory will be destroyed and finally after 20 or so years, we can say that all those that have been wasting their precious time and our precious research funds are not scientists at all, but philosphers in a dream of what they believed must be the case. 13 answers to one question, hmmmmm, just doesnt seem fundemental!

Finding it is not their goal, NOT finding it is their goal, and in that, i mean they are not expecting to 'see' the Higgs, but they are hoping to measure it as not being there! Figure out how they got someone to fund that research!!!!!!!!

other wild theories about this, the so called 'God' particle, is that CERN keeps breaking down due to the fact that the universe doesnt want the particle found out, so its as if something is going back in time to prevent us from finding the answer! (there are scientists who actually postulate this, mind you)

lets hope we study more and devote more resources to science, and the atom, if cold fusion could ever be realized, it trully would be a world changing event