Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Global Warming Protester Gets Owned

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009 | 09:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ok, guys, just my personal opinion, but there are WAY more people who blindly - COMPLETELY fvcking blindly - as in never having read ONE scientific report on the issue - believe that global warming is gonna kill us all by 2012... ok, maybe I exaggerated the 2012 part, but you get the point! Much more of these people that believe blindly, than those who actually KNOW the facts. Why? Because the global warming campaign is run world-wide without presenting too much scientific evidence to the public - its mostly scare-mongering, if you think about it. Every time I hear one douchebag or another go on and on about emissions and greenhouse gases, all they are doing is actually "gasing" people - no facts, no evidence, just a few carefully picked points (that are not necessarily facts, but rather things one cannot disprove) to prove his/her point. Usually these speeches amount to one simple point: "give money to the organization I represent". Honestly, with all the CO2 expelled by these demagogues during their speeches, they contribute to the global warming with all their speeches more than they help solve the problem.

Simple most provable fact of the issue of the greenhouse gases - which is REALLY the issue, NOT the "warming" of the temperatures around the world - is that the issue can be almost completely negated by

1. Eliminating the pollution from the old-tech coal-burning power plants. FACT: 100 square miles of solar batteries in Mojave dessert will COMPLETELY satisfy the electricity demands of the ENTIRE United States.

2. Eliminating pollution created by oceanic tankers. This may be trickier than just updating the national grid, but you know what, there are very promising propulsion proposals for the oceanic freight tankers that all but completely eliminate the need of running them on diesel power.

With the two of the things I've just mentioned done, we can fvcking all drive V12 and W16 engined cars for a million years and there will NEVER be a problem with greenhouse gases. Did anyone actually ever bother to tackle these issues? Not really - all we hear is more and more demagogy and fund-raising sh!t. Honestly, if we got rid of all the "Michael Moores" and just all sprung into action, there would've been no problems in the world... so with that, fvck this thread - I've said everything I have to say factually. Y'all can continue the demagogy, if you so choose.
Old 12-17-2009 | 09:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

okay, i think the fact that the thread is titled protester get OWNED means we didn't have to get into specifics about who was prepared and who wasnt

obviously any knowledge the lady had on global warming was from news reports of the last decade at best... and i think her english was acceptable, she DID understand the questions, its just her facts that were missing

and LMAO at the hundreds of protesters!
Old 12-17-2009 | 09:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

@V therussian: architecture 2030... look it up, we're doing our parts
Old 12-17-2009 | 11:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1074886' date='Dec 16 2009, 06:18 PM
"Now, there has been climate change, hasn't there, for four billion years" - "Well, you tell me, I'm young." He got owned right there....

I heard an utterly brilliant response to a similar jab some months ago. Begala -killed- Meghan McCain during Realtime with Bill Maher.

Bottom line - be (or get) educated, and come to any debate with a clue.

Old 12-18-2009 | 03:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well the Lord certainly had his talking points polished. He did give quite a sterling cross examination.
Old 12-18-2009 | 04:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1075731' date='Dec 18 2009, 01:17 AM
Ok, guys, just my personal opinion, but there are WAY more people who blindly - COMPLETELY fvcking blindly - as in never having read ONE scientific report on the issue - believe that global warming is gonna kill us all by 2012... ok, maybe I exaggerated the 2012 part, but you get the point! Much more of these people that believe blindly, than those who actually KNOW the facts. Why? Because the global warming campaign is run world-wide without presenting too much scientific evidence to the public - its mostly scare-mongering, if you think about it. Every time I hear one douchebag or another go on and on about emissions and greenhouse gases, all they are doing is actually "gasing" people - no facts, no evidence, just a few carefully picked points (that are not necessarily facts, but rather things one cannot disprove) to prove his/her point. Usually these speeches amount to one simple point: "give money to the organization I represent". Honestly, with all the CO2 expelled by these demagogues during their speeches, they contribute to the global warming with all their speeches more than they help solve the problem.

Simple most provable fact of the issue of the greenhouse gases - which is REALLY the issue, NOT the "warming" of the temperatures around the world - is that the issue can be almost completely negated by

1. Eliminating the pollution from the old-tech coal-burning power plants. FACT: 100 square miles of solar batteries in Mojave dessert will COMPLETELY satisfy the electricity demands of the ENTIRE United States.

2. Eliminating pollution created by oceanic tankers. This may be trickier than just updating the national grid, but you know what, there are very promising propulsion proposals for the oceanic freight tankers that all but completely eliminate the need of running them on diesel power.

With the two of the things I've just mentioned done, we can fvcking all drive V12 and W16 engined cars for a million years and there will NEVER be a problem with greenhouse gases. Did anyone actually ever bother to tackle these issues? Not really - all we hear is more and more demagogy and fund-raising sh!t. Honestly, if we got rid of all the "Michael Moores" and just all sprung into action, there would've been no problems in the world... so with that, fvck this thread - I've said everything I have to say factually. Y'all can continue the demagogy, if you so choose.
You are quite right, part of the issue is that what was once thought to be mainstream media and responsilbe, factual based reporting, has turned to propganda machines for political ideology...its a fact that litte mr gore never read a single objective scientific report, yet is the post boy for "global warming" ...well its too damn cold and I want it! So there! But as a matter of fact, I personally as a hobby do try to study this subject along with all Earth and Space science, and there are no facts to date that show that humans are a major contributor to the effects of climate change...the fact is that the big bright ball in the sky has much more to do with this tha anything we could imagine to have done...and speaking of which, the fact that no one in our country in power can even dare mention the word Nuclear all the more proves their ideological approach and fear tacticts..they speak of wanting to be more like Europe, but Europe gets much of their power from nuclear generation, its green and its something we've mastered here at home, but no one wants it in their backyard so we just ignore a major source of green energy.
Humans are near insignificant to this world and to the solar system and to the universe, they all survived for billions of years before we arrived, and will surely go on for billions, if not trillions after we are long gone. We can't hurt the planet, we can hurt it for human life of course, but the planet and most of the life forms other than us have beeen destroyed completely many times before, and have reconstituted very well without our hand, and ofcourse, the next big rock that awaits our fate is out there somewhere at this moment with our name on it, its not a matter of if the earth will be destroyed again, but when....will we be ready as a civilazation to stop it, I doubt it
Old 12-20-2009 | 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Funniest video i have seen in ages.

I believe that there is a huge money making machine behind this, the governments are using it as an excuse to screw all of us in to the ground with taxes. The cat was nearly out the bag recently:- Data Manipulation
Old 12-20-2009 | 07:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1075731' date='Dec 18 2009, 12:17 AM
FACT: 100 square miles of solar batteries in Mojave dessert will COMPLETELY satisfy the electricity demands of the ENTIRE United States.
Not exactly. The DOE says that it would take 15,625 square miles of photovoltaics to supply all of the electricity needs of the U.S. That's an area equal to 10% of the entire state of Arizona ... which is still doable.

Be careful with the facts, my friend - we don't need Al Gore-like exagurations on our side too.
Old 12-20-2009 | 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='1077031' date='Dec 20 2009, 11:06 AM
Not exactly. The DOE says that it would take 15,625 square miles of photovoltaics to supply all of the electricity needs of the U.S. That's an area equal to 10% of the entire state of Arizona ... which is still doable.

Be careful with the facts, my friend - we don't need Al Gore-like exagurations on our side too.
The US Government owns so much land in the Western US -- in an amount orders of magnitude greater than the area represented by 10 percent of the size of the State of Arizona. What a wise move if would be not only for global warming concerns but, more important, for ournational security for the government to actually fill an area that large with solar panels and break the toxic and dangerous dependence that the US has on foreign oil.

My guess is that the oil companies and their lobbyists, who own Congress, will never allow that to happen.
Old 12-20-2009 | 07:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by m630' post='1075822

100 sq. miles - 15,626 sq miles... eeeh, who's counting! Besides, if we create some shade over there, maybe some life will sprawl out of the dessert soil too

But you are correct, as per the source you quote. The only explanation for my obviously ill-informed "fact" is that I read it in some kind of report (honestly, I now have no recollection which report and by whom - it was much too long ago). That being said, I think even 20,000 sq miles of solar panels is totally worth having 0 waste energy grid.

Quick Reply: Global Warming Protester Gets Owned