Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Fitness thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Decided to make this thread cause I wanted to know faster ways to lose this weight. I've been working out consistently for 3 weeks now, about a hour and half each session. My sessions are mostly cardio and few reps of lifting. I've been taking Hydroxycut hardcore daily for 3 weeks and been eating right. Problem is, the results that I'm getting isn't satisfying. I feel like I have more energy and drive but I feel like the weight is slowly coming off. Questions that I have are, Anyone know if I should drink protein shakes to sub as a meal? take a different supplement? Change my diet and eating habbits? I appreciate any help I can get, thanks E60!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Uzzle' post='606511' date='Jun 20 2008, 03:25 AM
Questions that I have are, Anyone know if I should drink protein shakes to sub as a meal? take a different supplement? Change my diet and eating habbits? I appreciate any help I can get, thanks E60!
Alright Uzzle this is right up my alley..considering I am a fitness freak and self proclaimed fitness guru .

1. Switch to High Intensity Interval Training instead of Cardio (link given below).. this will not only jack up your fitness level but is the scientifically proven method to jettison the fat while retaining most of your muscle

http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Intensity-I...s&id=638165

2. Get on a Low GI food plan and chuck the supplements.. this is the best way to keep the fat off for LIFE; you definitely don?t want to get addicted to weight loss supplements.
http://www.the-gi-diet.org/whatisthegidiet/

3. Switch to circuit training - the best way to the fat. It?s going to be tough in the beginning but your body will cope.

You goal should be to lose weight and retaining as much muscle mass as possible .. the more muscle you have the higher your metabolic rate - the more calories your body will burn which in turn will keep you lean for life.

I use to be close to 90kgs.. I cleaned up my act about 6 years ago.. lost 25kgs and kept it off.. now I am pretty fit (resting heart rate is 48/BPM) and have lots of energy for all kinds of fun.

Glad to help

Look Luck
Old 06-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Contributors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_training

link for Circuit training info
Old 06-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

I reallly really really appreciate this! I'm excited to try it, I was thinking about paying for a personal trainer but I'll try this out first. THANKS!

Question, How big should my portions be for my meals and snacks? For my snacks of fruit/ crackers, I usually eat 1/2 cup.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Uzzle' post='606525' date='Jun 20 2008, 04:57 AM
I reallly really really appreciate this! I'm excited to try it, I was thinking about paying for a personal trainer but I'll try this out first. THANKS!

Question, How big should my portions be for my meals and snacks? For my snacks of fruit/ crackers, I usually eat 1/2 cup.
Portions should be small.. try to eat 6 small meals a day so your body uses food as fuel and doesn?t store it as fat. Chuck the crackers.. most of them have hydrogenated vegetable oil sprayed (the worst kind of saturated fat) on them which gives them the stiffness.

Fruits are awesome .. as long as they are low GI
Old 06-20-2008, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

used to be a gym rat.. not for nothing.. the old fashoined way works the best.. if the weight is stubborn.. make sure you do cardio every day.. IMO i would say at least 30-40 min daily.. and weight training is the best as well.. muscle continues to burn calories even long after you have stopped working out.. so start with that.. you need to keep doing what your doing.. 3 weeks is not alot of time.. eating right.. protein and veges.. stay away from carbs.but not all carbs.. grilled foods and fish also.. eat frequently.. drink lots of water.. stay on track.. sometimes thats the hardest part..its only 3 weeks and your already looking for a faster way to lose the weight.. relax and keep it up.. good luck!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

All of the above may help so long as calories out exceed calories in.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

Apparently you just need to eat at McDonald's to lose weight:

Man Loses 80lbs Eating McDonald's
Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Suchet' post='606515' date='Jun 20 2008, 04:26 AM
Alright Uzzle this is right up my alley..considering I am a fitness freak and self proclaimed fitness guru .

1. Switch to High Intensity Interval Training instead of Cardio (link given below).. this will not only jack up your fitness level but is the scientifically proven method to jettison the fat while retaining most of your muscle

http://ezinearticles.com/?High-Intensity-I...s&id=638165

2. Get on a Low GI food plan and chuck the supplements.. this is the best way to keep the fat off for LIFE; you definitely don't want to get addicted to weight loss supplements.
http://www.the-gi-diet.org/whatisthegidiet/

3. Switch to circuit training - the best way to the fat. It's going to be tough in the beginning but your body will cope.

You goal should be to lose weight and retaining as much muscle mass as possible .. the more muscle you have the higher your metabolic rate - the more calories your body will burn which in turn will keep you lean for life.

I use to be close to 90kgs.. I cleaned up my act about 6 years ago.. lost 25kgs and kept it off.. now I am pretty fit (resting heart rate is 48/BPM) and have lots of energy for all kinds of fun.

Glad to help

Look Luck

S, great response , for low impact training would you suggest bike sprints up hill ?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by melimel' post='606562
used to be a gym rat.. not for nothing.. the old fashoined way works the best.. if the weight is stubborn.. make sure you do cardio every day.. IMO i would say at least 30-40 min daily.. and weight training is the best as well.. muscle continues to burn calories even long after you have stopped working out.. so start with that.. you need to keep doing what your doing.. 3 weeks is not alot of time.. eating right.. protein and veges.. stay away from carbs.but not all carbs.. grilled foods and fish also.. eat frequently.. drink lots of water.. stay on track.. sometimes thats the hardest part.
Seriously, everything that Mel has said is spot on and exactly what I do. I drink a gallon of water a day, eat fruits like there's no tomorrow all day, egg whites/protein shake for breakfast, a light lunch and complex carb dinner. The carbs are for energy the next morning when I work out.

Working out, I do 20 minutes of cardio, 15 - 20 minutes of stretching, and 30 - 40 minutes of weights six days a week. I'm starting to incorporate running for 20 minutes outdoors on the weekend as well.

You know what the HARDEST part of this workout regimen is? It's getting to the gym. Once there it's a breeze.

Quick Reply: Fitness thread!