Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

finally my turn...going to las vegas & l.a. next month!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by norham' post='220455
Like many already said, just tell them you are a member of the 'e60 forum' and you will be all set. You'll get special treatments. Try it and let us know. I have never done it.
i'll give it a try but everybody will probably give me this look .
Old 01-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='220745
my 2 cents:

hotel: bellagio, for me, has the best location and accomodations. catch the 'O' show if you can. i always ask during check-in if they have any specials or promotions for guests. wynn is at the end of the main strip, but across fashion show mall. mandalay bay has the killer pool, but maybe not in january. hard rock is party town, if you want the 24hr action atmosphere.

food: surprisingly, the alladin buffet is actually the best i've tasted. rio's regular buffet is blah, but they have a seafood buffet that's worth the trip off the strip. bellagio's is good too. also, there's a deli in the paris hotel that sells smoked salmon sandwiches that's killer.

shop: desert hills premium outlet in cabazon is the one to go to. all the high end stuff (prada, gucci, barney's ny etc).
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=6
there's primm and barstow, but they're more on the mainstream stuff (polo, jcrew, ck, etc).
just to walk around and window-shop, i still like the caesar's forum shop. (tods, armani, etc)

you can count on about $10 a pop for a taxi ride from hotel to hotel around the strip.

anyway, you can't go wrong in vegas - have fun, man! (post pics)
i'm going to stay in bellagio and will watch one of the cirque du soleil shows. either o or le reve. which one is better ?

as i mentioned in the previous post, i think i'll take your advice and try aladdin's buffet and probably one of the restaurants in mgm. but now you make me think rio's seafood buffet, too. decision, decision .

i went to desert hills outlet before and you wouldn't believe how many stuff both my gf and i bought . i told central cali and mrs. central cali when they were here last time and you can ask him about it . i also went to both primm and barstow before. nothing really excited. i went to one only a few minutes drive from the strip last time but i forgot the name. nothing special neither. so i'm thinking there might be some new ones just finished and will be them a shot. sounds like forum shops and fashion show mall are the places for me to go again .
Old 01-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

not to confuse you even more but, ive heard KA at the mgm is one great show.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

You can rent, by the hour, all kinds of exotics (cars, not women, though I am sure you can do that too) on the Strip. Vipers, Ferraris, Porches, Corvettes, etc. They cater to people who won some money and do not know what to do with it.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pipper' post='221589' date='Jan 9 2006, 09:22 AM
i checked them all but seems like o or le reve is more interesting for me. but still not sure which one to go. in fact, i'm planning to go to one of these kind of shows plus another different one. any recommendation?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

alohalc,

To bad you don?t have enough time to meet up. I was planning on giving you a tour of the Central Valley (of course no comparison to Hawaii). Some of the new members don?t know that I got to meet up with Alohalc while on vacation this past year while in Hawaii. Alohalc, was kind enough to give us the greatest tour of the island Oahu. (Thanks again) We wish your trip is full of fun, good luck, excitement and of course great shopping.

Below is a link with some of the pictures from the trip, if interested.

Link

Central Cali
Old 01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CENTRAL CALI' post='221771' date='Jan 9 2006, 02:32 PM
alohalc,

To bad you don?t have enough time to meet up. I was planning on giving you a tour of the Central Valley (of course no comparison to Hawaii). Some of the new members don?t know that I got to meet up with Alohalc while on vacation this past year while in Hawaii. Alohalc, was kind enough to give us the greatest tour of the island Oahu. (Thanks again) We wish your trip is full of fun, good luck, excitement and of course great shopping.

Below is a link with some of the pictures from the trip, if interested.

Link

Central Cali
i would love to meet up with you and your family but my trip is too short this time :'(. but thank you very much anyway. i'll take the raincheck this time and will claim that one day i'm there .

i have started another post here and ask questions about the shopping malls. i know both mrs. central cali and you like to shopping. any suggestions? thank you again .
Old 01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='221724
i checked them all but seems like o or le reve is more interesting for me. but still not sure which one to go. in fact, i'm planning to go to one of these kind of shows plus another different one. any recommendation?
[/quote]

i watched it last month. for my taste, 'O' is better; i would even put 'mystere' above it. i have not watched 'le reve' yet.
but that's just me though.

'ka' is on a hydraulic platform stage, that rotates on two axis... fire is more of the theme, while 'O' is water. the music from 'O' seems to be more memorable, too.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

i think i'll just go watch o/mystere/le reve. whichever gets me better seats . but now i want to watch one more but not sure which one to watch .
Old 01-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Enjoy your trip, alohalc! I'm so sorry i can't give much info as i have only been to Vegas once in my entire life with my family. We stayed at Venetian and if i could remember it cost about $400+/night. But the room is really nice.. and the design of the hotel is absolutely awesome.

Why not drive down to SF as well? I'm sure the SF Bay Area fanatics would love to welcome you and your gf's family. Don't forget to post pics after that, we would love to see the future Alohalc's wife..

Quick Reply: finally my turn...going to las vegas & l.a. next month!