Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

finally my turn...going to las vegas & l.a. next month!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's finally my turn to get the hell out of the small island . i've been waiting for this trip for so long. was too busy in the last year or so. i'm planning to go there on 2/8 and stay there for two nights then drive down to l.a. for another two nights and back home. i want to stay in wynn, bellagio or venetian. does anyone get special promotion/coupon codes that i can use to make my trip "sweeter"? does the player's club member or whatever it called make any different?

my plan is stay there til the 10th afternoon, go to an outlet around there and drive down to l.a. then go to palm springs for another outlet (desert hills) the next day. will go to a shopping mall on the very last day before hitting the airport. i know there are a few new outlet malls just opened around vegas. any of you know which one is the best ? which hotel has the best buffet? i tried bellagio, mandalay bay, paris, mgm, and a few others (forgot ) before. i still think mandalay bay is the best. i want to hear what do you guys think. which show is worth watching? don't tell me strip show (going w/my gf and her parents) ...although i want to watch it badly .

which shopping mall is good near l.a. airport/monterey park? i need to stay in l.a. for couple nights and don't care the quality of the hotel. as long as it's clean, safe and not too far from the airport. any suggestions?

i wish i could take my car with me but have to stuck with stink rental . i wanted to meet with some of the members in that two areas but i guess i won't have enough time :'(.

btw, i need to get two one way tickets from vegas to seattle. i checked southwest airlines and is about $100 each plus taxes. does it sound right?

thank you very much in advance .
Old 01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='220282' date='Jan 6 2006, 09:09 PM
i wish i could take my car with me but have to stuck with stink rental .
I think it's safe to say that you can rent just about any car you can imagine in Vegas and L.A. Why not rent an E60 and have some fun?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='220282' date='Jan 7 2006, 02:09 AM
it's finally my turn to get the hell out of the small island . i've been waiting for this trip for so long. was too busy in the last year or so. i'm planning to go there on 2/8 and stay there for two nights then drive down to l.a. for another two nights and back home. i want to stay in wynn, bellagio or venetian. does anyone get special promotion/coupon codes that i can use to make my trip "sweeter"? does the player's club member or whatever it called make any different?

my plan is stay there til the 10th afternoon, go to an outlet around there and drive down to l.a. then go to palm springs for another outlet (desert hills) the next day. will go to a shopping mall on the very last day before hitting the airport. i know there are a few new outlet malls just opened around vegas. any of you know which one is the best ? which hotel has the best buffet? i tried bellagio, mandalay bay, paris, mgm, and a few others (forgot ) before. i still think mandalay bay is the best. i want to hear what do you guys think. which show is worth watching? don't tell me strip show (going w/my gf and her parents) ...although i want to watch it badly .

which shopping mall is good near l.a. airport/monterey park? i need to stay in l.a. for couple nights and don't care the quality of the hotel. as long as it's clean, safe and not too far from the airport. any suggestions?

i wish i could take my car with me but have to stuck with stink rental . i wanted to meet with some of the members in that two areas but i guess i won't have enough time :'(.

btw, i need to get two one way tickets from vegas to seattle. i checked southwest airlines and is about $100 each plus taxes. does it sound right?

thank you very much in advance .
Just back from vegas last night, in relation to shopping malls there are two one off the South L V Blvd (the Strip) not very good but there is a newish one in North Las vegas on Grand central Pde reachable of i15 jct 41b which is better but the forum shops at Ceasers and the fashion Mall opposite Wynn's are equally as good
as for buffets I didn't try any as the good one's at Paris and the like always had que's, but try Smith and Wolensky's for steaks (beside the MGM) they are emormous. I went to see Celion Dion But I have to say I was dissappointed my only advice to her would be go and see a Cher concert now there is a performer but Celion was weak in comparison but then I think Vegas is the home for has been or never was performers it's like a rest home with plenty of dosh rolling in
Old 01-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

alohalc, one suggestion...
it is dangerous to go there not married don't make the mistake there...it is too easy to fall for the wedding chapel and the Elvis wedding thing I did it once biggest mistake
Old 01-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='220299
Just back from vegas last night, in relation to shopping malls there are two one off the South L V Blvd (the Strip) not very good but there is a newish one in North Las vegas on Grand central Pde reachable of i15 jct 41b which is better but the forum shops at Ceasers and the fashion Mall opposite Wynn's are equally as good
as for buffets I didn't try any as the good one's at Paris and the like always had que's, but try Smith and Wolensky's for steaks (beside the MGM) they are emormous. I went to see Celion Dion But I have to say I was dissappointed my only advice to her would be go and see a Cher concert now there is a performer but Celion was weak in comparison but then I think Vegas is the home for has been or never was performers it's like a rest home with plenty of dosh rolling in
i've been to forum shops and fashion mall numerous times. i also went to a few outlet malls over the years. but the very last time i went there is about couple years ago. i know there are some new outlet malls there now. just want to see which one is worth going. i think i won't go to neither celine nor cher's show. i'm not really into older women .

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='220355' date='Jan 6 2006, 08:56 PM
it is dangerous to go there not married don't make the mistake there...it is too easy to fall for the wedding chapel and the Elvis wedding thing I did it once biggest mistake
nah, i don't even know how to spell mrary .
Old 01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.venetian.com has good deal for rooms like $149/night or so. I stay at Venetian most of the trip to LV. The room is very nice.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='220375' date='Jan 6 2006, 09:35 PM
www.venetian.com has good deal for rooms like $149/night or so. I stay at Venetian most of the trip to LV. The room is very nice.
i checked but it's about $400/night for the two nights that i'm going to stay :'(.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='220373
I think it's safe to say that you can rent just about any car you can imagine in Vegas and L.A. Why not rent an E60 and have some fun?
i don't think i'll pay so much a day for something that i drive every day .

Originally Posted by norham' post='220319
[/quote]
Cher's not in Vegas but if you get a chance go to see her wow what a show she's timeless but I think her world tour is over so you.ve missed her as for the wedding thing looking at the tacky chapel's it would put most off but as you.ve got the future in-laws with you hey man do it
Old 01-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='220373
[/quote]
Oh, I can help you with the correct spelling:

CATASTROPHE

or

DESASTER

Old 01-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by norham' post='220429' date='Jan 6 2006, 11:42 PM
Cher's not in Vegas but if you get a chance go to see her wow what a show she's timeless but I think her world tour is over so you.ve missed her as for the wedding thing looking at the tacky chapel's it would put most off but as you.ve got the future in-laws with you hey man do it
no, i'm so not ready for digging my own grave .

norham, which hotel did you stay and which restaurants did you go? did you get any deals?

Quick Reply: finally my turn...going to las vegas & l.a. next month!