Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

i rather had seen france as the winner of the world cup
Old 07-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by jiio' post='308644' date='Jul 10 2006, 12:07 AM
In my opinion the better team did not win though... Italy was outplayed the whole game. Nevertheless, Italy is the World Cup Champion.
Italy has NEVER played a single good game in this world cup, and that's the way they play. They are unfair and IMHO should be suspended if they play games like they did in this world cup.
And Zizou... Well, whatever the damn Italian said to him, I am pretty sure he deserved what Zizou gave him.

Anyways, I am just happy the world cup is over now and Germany is going back to normal now.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Members

Soccer GODS made this desigion and Italy deserve it, even though France domintaed the second half of the game. That second score from Toni was clean but ref made it offside wtf? Zizou was a bad ass, that italian guy was suppes to do atleast something. Ohh well its over now
Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM
GPS
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='308655' date='Jul 10 2006, 12:22 AM
Italy has NEVER played a single good game in this world cup, and that's the way they play. They are unfair and IMHO should be suspended if they play games like they did in this world cup.
And Zizou... Well, whatever the damn Italian said to him, I am pretty sure he deserved what Zizou gave him.

Anyways, I am just happy the world cup is over now and Germany is going back to normal now.
quite a bold statement ... maybe you are the one who should be suspended
Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

bold? no.. italy's wins were by lucky goals.. only good game they had was Germany and that wasn't even a skilled game.. France dominated the game and it was seen they deserved the cup period
Old 07-10-2006, 03:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='308655' date='Jul 10 2006, 12:22 AM

I wonder if Italy like u said has never played a single good game in the cup what Germany played like since they had their ugly a*ses kicked by the Italians.
But i always knew that Germans couldnt stand their losses. Italy played a superb game against Germany and gave them what they deserved....a lost.
And Italy outplayed France aswell yesterday. Come on....wtf....the French penalty was no penalty whatsoever, so what are u talking about?
And about Zidane, players irritate eachother on the field all the time, its part of the game, psychological warfar, if u cant stand it than u should not be in it. Headbutt was stupid, dumb and unproffessional and might have caused the French to lose....thanks Zidane!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='308838' date='Jul 10 2006, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Italy like u said has never played a single good game in the cup what Germany played like since they had their ugly a*ses kicked by the Italians.
But i always knew that Germans couldnt stand their losses. Italy played a superb game against Germany and gave them what they deserved....a lost.
And Italy outplayed France aswell yesterday. Come on....wtf....the French penalty was no penalty whatsoever, so what are u talking about?
And about Zidane, players irritate eachother on the field all the time, its part of the game, psychological warfar, if u cant stand it than u should not be in it. Headbutt was stupid, dumb and unproffessional and might have caused the French to lose....thanks Zidane!
Could not agree more, but Germany did pretty good in this WC they are my second team after Italy.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 AM
GPS
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='308838' date='Jul 10 2006, 01:51 PM
very well said Georgos football is about organisation, strategy, team spirit, physical shape, menthal strength and, of course, individual skills. Italy did not show perhaps the most flamboyant game of the lot, but a world cup is won by the team which, eventually, sums up the best combination of the above qualities.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='308838' date='Jul 10 2006, 04:51 AM

The German team certainly did not do anything throughout the tournament to deserve that kind of language from you.

You can have and express whatever opinions you want and can support any soccer team you want, but when you use phrases like "...they had their ugly a*ses kicked..." you lose a lot of credibility. In the end what matters is who won the world cup, and unfortunately (IMO) it was Italy this time, but please don't try to diminish the games that the Germans played throughout the tournament because as even their critics agree they played some of the most beautiful football in the world cup, certainly more attractive than Italy. Does that matter at the end? Not if the only thing that matters is winning the cup, but Germany did gain a lot of new friends and supporters both at home and around the world with the way they played their game, and that does count for something.

And if we are talking about a penalty being "...no penalty whatsoever..." what about the penalty that Italy was awarded in the 94'th minute in their game with Australia?

If you really believe that Germany "...had their ugly asses kicked by the Italians" then I don't know which game you were watching. Maybe you're talking about the game in March in Italy where Germany lost 4-1 because in the semi final game Italy didn't get anywhere close to kicking Germany's ass, the only thing they did was win the game the last minute of extra time.....period. As a matter of fact they did not kick anybody's ass throughout the tournament, they just won some games (barely).

So you can celebrate the fact that Italy won the World Cup, because they did.....regardless of what road they took they did win the Cup.....Congratulations.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

I said before the final game that I wanted France to win because I did not care for (never have) for the way the Italians play. I still think the French played better (more attractive) football, but was very disappointed at Zidane's actions. Even if he was provoked by something Materazzi said he should have controlled himself and they would have probably won the game.

I think the final game was a bad ending to an otherwise very successfull World Cup.

Quick Reply: FIFA Worldcup Germany 2006