Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='699828' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:49 PM
Ok - i have to join this lounge aswell. It looks like this is the easiest way to clock up some posts. wanna hit the 1000 posts before i get my new car
good stuff!

I'll ask you 7 questions and then you'll hit the 1000...

Q1) Have you actually ordered your car?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='699857' date='Oct 22 2008, 03:02 PM
good stuff!

I'll ask you 7 questions and then you'll hit the 1000...

Q1) Have you actually ordered your car?
That is a great idea....

Yes - 2 weeks ago - car is due to arrive in december, the 8 (4 winter, 4 summer) performance269 wheels however next week

HOWEVER, i am not sure about a number of things:
1) 330d 245hp with automatic or manaul
2) alpine white with individual bicolor+alu trim (Gray/black) or red/brown+piano
3) coupe or sedan

so many decisions!!!!! heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp (my g/f says I am ill and I need help)...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Answers to your questions:

1) auto with paddles -- especially in Vienna!
2) As you can see from my specs, I would go for the Saddle brown and piano-black trim! The red also looks good. Your last combo in your 520d looks great, but is a little to "cold" for my taste.
3) That's simply a question of practicality. The coupe looks better but the limosine has the 4 doors. Obviously really!

Why would you need to the 4dr instead of the coupe?
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Contributors

so Pete:
1) what guarantees are there that the auto (with the old fashioned shifter) in the 3 series shifts as good as our lci tranny? If it shifts as lousy as pre-lci, then I will be selling the car within weeks...
2) SB would be an option btu then I need a new g/f. She does not like it, specially because we have that in the family with my dad's e70 x5.
3) the coupe looks awesome and 95% of the time I will be driving on my own. BUT I ordered the coupe 3 times till today, and everytime I changed my mind. Why? Because I know that if I ever have to get out of my car to let someone crawl into the back and sit behind me, I will be frustrated for life.... No kids, just a 3 year old nephew who i taxi around once a month..
Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Contributors

I thought they had the quicker auto in the facelift 3er?? I know the shifter hasn't changed, but I though it was still a new auto?? Have you taken a facelift 330dA for a test drive yet?

As for the interior, I'm not even going to start the conversation of BMW vs. Girlfriend!!
I also like the Oeyster (white) interior with piano black trim, looks very classy with the AW exterior

I really don't understand the coupe "getting out of the car" issue... let the passenger get out and let someone in the back! Seriously though, the Coupe is such a beautiful car IMHO. If you drive 95% on your own, the rear passengers discussion is a total non-issue if you ask me. However if you know its going to frustrate you on those occasions, then the Limosine is the one for you

Regardless what I say, you'll change your mind every hour anyway!!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='700883' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:19 PM
I thought they had the quicker auto in the facelift 3er?? I know the shifter hasn't changed, but I though it was still a new auto?? Have you taken a facelift 330dA for a test drive yet?

As for the interior, I'm not even going to start the conversation of BMW vs. Girlfriend!!
I also like the Oeyster (white) interior with piano black trim, looks very classy with the AW exterior

I really don't understand the coupe "getting out of the car" issue... let the passenger get out and let someone in the back! Seriously though, the Coupe is such a beautiful car IMHO. If you drive 95% on your own, the rear passengers discussion is a total non-issue if you ask me. However if you know its going to frustrate you on those occasions, then the Limosine is the one for you

Regardless what I say, you'll change your mind every hour anyway!!
so, yes - i finally test drove the car yesterday - in GERMANY... Yes, no 330dA in austria, so I was in germany to test drive one

My impression: that thing kicks butt - it is a beast: small, nimble, and the acceleration between 50 and 120 is just amazing ...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 AM
Contributors

...well thats the 3er for you

So you're going for the coupe, right?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='705275' date='Oct 28 2008, 03:20 PM
So you're going for the coupe, right?
I turned 30 3 weeks ago - i am now sensible so I am getting the e90

atleast my wheels have arrived (10 weeks before i get my car)

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=704740
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

PLANNING FOR THE NEXT MEET & GREET AT BMW WELT....

This is an attempt at bringing the discussions together again in one place... lets see if it works...

Following on from Simon's post and Jarek's almost life-like artists impression of what the Meet could look like from above the BMW Welt...

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"-e60_net_bmw_welt_meet.jpg

... it would appear that we are all up for a Meet at the BMW Welt

Simon has already done a lot of good research on this and was there this year -- this is what he wrote in the other post:
I was in Munich in August where I had a wonder around Die Welt, visited the revamped Museum, had lunch outside in the sunshine, and paid for a tour around the factory (3 series).
Also on the cards is collecting a new car (German, Spanish and USA customers at the moment), having a tour of Die Welt, or having a meeting in one of their meeting rooms.
There is a reasonably priced car park under Die Welt, but there is also a nice bit of tarmac outside which would look good with all our cars lined up! We may also be able to bring in catering and have a buffet lunch in one of the meeting rooms?
I had trouble getting a contact name, but someone else may be able to help?
unquote

Refer to the attached flyer, which gives an overview of BMW Welt... looks great!! I think we would need a tour guide to cover the essentials and after a tour we could then then split as desired to check out what interested us the most. They also have a kids entertainment/play area for those who would need to bring their families with them Be warned guys, there is a shopping area which no doubt has a clothing section... hide your credit cards!!
BMW_Welt_V1_U_FlyerLarge_2008_1_.pdf

This is a link to the "360 degree view" of the International Restaurant at BMW Welt. Looks like it would have plenty of space for us Find attached a PDF of the Menu, which looks pretty good to say the least. Prices are not cheap, but not expensive. Basically what you'd expect to pay for good food at a venue like this.
BMW_Welt_International_Restaurant_Menu_D_1_.pdf

Having checked out the plan of the grounds, like Simon mentioned, it would make most sense to park outside on the tarmac as opposed to the underground car park. How else can we take our E60.NET Meet poser pics?!

The BMW Welt is open every day from 09:00-20:00.

OPINIONS NEEDED:
1) Do we work on the assumption that most of the regulars will travel in to Munich the night before and require hotel?
2) Do we require a tour of BMW Welt?
3) Shall we eat at BMW Welt or should we head off somewhere else? (Maybe good to eat at BMW Welt and somewhere else in the evening??)
4) Is April the right time frame for this? I'm obviously thinking weather and summer rims

Give me your thoughts -- thanks!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Members

My Ride: UK BMW 530d, registered 19Sep2003. Bluetooth, Business SatNav, Rear & side blinds, Business Radio, LOGIC7.

It is going to be a busy day so I would suggest staying on Friday night unless you live an hour or 2 away.

I cannot drive to Munich in one day, so have to stay en-route, but would be interested in starting in Belgium and 'picking-up' members along the way. so all northern Europe visitors arrive together on Friday evening?

The International Restaurant maybe a little 'heavy' for lunch but might be an idea for dinner? There is sandwich cafe in Die Welt, or the Museum cafe is very nice with a lot of outside tables.

The factory tours are mostly in German with one English tour, so it maybe helpful if interested parties state which they prefer.

As for timing, sunny with no rain would suit me, so does that sound like April?

Simon

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"