Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Does anyone in this country know how to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post up your daily horrible driver stories here:
Try to keep 'em short

I'll start...

Almost got rear-ended by a toolbag today, he locked up his tires and barely stopped in time.

Later today, I was in a round-about, I see these too clueless late 40s/early 50s, blond, head scarf wearing, Lexus driving, Starbucks coffee sipping, tunnel vision seeing, bitches up ahead on the way to enter the round-about, I see this cluster-fvck coming from a mile away, so I put in the clutch, coast and have my foot over the brake because I know whats coming, this dumbass doesn't even check to see if anyone is in the round about, she doesn't even brake a tiny bit, and I slam on my brakes, and follow her around the round-about honking my horn for the entire 360 degrees. When she first hears the horn she slams on the breaks, and has no idea what just happened.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

u live in shitty driverville
Old 03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Tell me about it
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by skelevirus
+1

the worst i deal with is people changing lanes without using a signal

this royally pisses me off and i would prefer to ram them from behind (that's what she said)

they can't see my finger as i drive by with tint

perhaps a pit maneuver would work
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well, on Saturday on the way to the SLO meet, I was in the left lane. Some douche in the middle lane decides to change lanes without looking, almost hits me, evasive maneuver into emergency lane saved me. Then a little late he passes me and gives ME a dirty look
Old 03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

Today at school lady was parked right behind my car so I could not back out. After politely asking her to move she tells me to wait until her daughter comes. I got back in my car and leaned on the horn while slowly backing up. That did the trick.
Last week while leaving school this kid in a 330i was in a real hurry. I was behind him and he rode this minivans tail trying desperately to get around it. Most dangerous behavior I have ever seen on the road.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d M-Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Dakota Black Leather, Professional Nav. Hardwired Road Angel + Laser, De-Swirl Flapped!!

On the motorway into work this morning just shy of 85 mph when a tool in a Jeep comes down the on-ramp, so I pull into the fast lane to give him a lane to merge into. He pulls on doing about 45 and straight into the fast lane with no urgency of acceleration, no look, and to keep consistant, no signal.

I'm faced with the difficult choice of brakes+horn+hold lane and hope that he moves back over to the slow lane
or
brakes+lane change for a nervous inside pass hoping that he doesn't come back in.

I choose option b, and as I've passed the point of no return, Jeep hits the brakes, pulls in, and forces me onto the shoulder.

Dry roads, good tyres and the handling of the car saved me today. I could do with a new set of undershorts though.

Drive safe everyone, we're surrounded by idiots.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Contributors

Keep 'em coming guys!
Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Well Marc, it's easy here in LA to find people who can;t drive. These folks can;t drive when it's dry, much less if it's humid, damp, or (God forbid) wet. I swear I will find the gunball machine where they give out licenses to drive here. Certainly there are no requirements for coordination, attentiveness, awareness, or intelligence. I wish we could go to a system more like Finland's where it takes 3 years of instruction to get a full license (not surprisingly they also lead in Rally Champions and F1 champions per capita).
Old 03-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Krozi, allow me to post later tonight. I have dozens of stories you have no idea.

Quick Reply: Does anyone in this country know how to drive?