Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Dexter/Californication

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Mavsfan2007' post='1073614
DAMN just watched it...rita was sexy as hell..
AMEN
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Contributors

and my personal favorite:
Old 12-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Both shows are alright at best... Where's breaking bad season 3 at??!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1073858' date='Dec 15 2009, 01:31 AM
Both shows are alright at best... Where's breaking bad season 3 at??!!!
Nah dude, Dexter was good
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Contributors

I gave up on Californication half way through this season. I find the characters (pretty much all of them) to be dispicable. Apart from Duchovny's daughter character, every one of them sleeps with anyone that shows an interest, have some weird fetishes and/or take drugs at any opportunity. I wonder if that's indicative of a lot of people in la la land, or if it's just exaggerated for tv. Is there anyone there that isn't smoking cannabis and snorting coke. I get the feeling that everyone would do either at any time if they were offered it. Shows like weeds don't do anything to dispel this image either. It was mildly amusing in the first season of cali, but the more you watch it, the more you feel saddened by the characters sex and drugs addictions. I imagine for some it's representing a life they'd love to have, for me it's the exact opposite. I'm glad I've never tried any kind of illicit drugs, and am so happy in my relationship that I wouldn't be tempted to stray by anybody. Although if Holly Willoughby turned up at the door and wanted me, that'd be quite the test of that resolve. Damn she fine.

As for Dexter, great ending. Great shock surprise, and puts into context the big smile that Arthur had while driving in his Mustang just before it broke down. Surprising he didn't say something while on Dex's table. I agree that Deb finding out about Dex's back story is sure to play a big part in the next season. Maybe Dex will up his killings tally to get his mind off what just happened and it'll come to the department as a new serial killer and Deb will get assigned the case (now that she's the expert on serial killers). It'll lead up to a good series finale and showdown - who kills who. Does Dex kill Deb and get away with it once again, or does Deb kill Dex and wrap up the show.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1073872' date='Dec 15 2009, 01:53 AM
I gave up on Californication half way through this season. I find the characters (pretty much all of them) to be dispicable. Apart from Duchovny's daughter character, every one of them sleeps with anyone that shows an interest, have some weird fetishes and/or take drugs at any opportunity. I wonder if that's indicative of a lot of people in la la land, or if it's just exaggerated for tv. Is there anyone there that isn't smoking cannabis and snorting coke. I get the feeling that everyone would do either at any time if they were offered it. Shows like weeds don't do anything to dispel this image either. It was mildly amusing in the first season of cali, but the more you watch it, the more you feel saddened by the characters sex and drugs addictions. I imagine for some it's representing a life they'd love to have, for me it's the exact opposite. I'm glad I've never tried any kind of illicit drugs, and am so happy in my relationship that I wouldn't be tempted to stray by anybody. Although if Holly Willoughby turned up at the door and wanted me, that'd be quite the test of that resolve. Damn she fine.

As for Dexter, great ending. Great shock surprise, and puts into context the big smile that Arthur had while driving in his Mustang just before it broke down. Surprising he didn't say something while on Dex's table. I agree that Deb finding out about Dex's back story is sure to play a big part in the next season. Maybe Dex will up his killings tally to get his mind off what just happened and it'll come to the department as a new serial killer and Deb will get assigned the case (now that she's the expert on serial killers). It'll lead up to a good series finale and showdown - who kills who. Does Dex kill Deb and get away with it once again, or does Deb kill Dex and wrap up the show.
Here's a little bit for that resolve:

That being said, I agree with you about Californication. Even though around here (in NYC) it seems like everyone at least tried some kind of drugs, its not anything to be proud of. And while weed may not be much more harmful than cigarettes (or less? not sure), splitting up the lines of white stuff on the screen like its a bottle of pepsi just isn't politically correct anymore. Yeah, when Scarface came out, I guess there was this "cool" about it - all the "rich people" were doing it, but since then the world's realized what kind of tragedy drug addiction brings to a family. The whole Californication can be set in some obscure trailer park in the middle of nowhere and the only thing that'll change is the surroundings. But again, I did dig the first season - some stuff was just plain funny, fun to watch - it was good entertainment. Now, its like milking a dead cow.

As for Dex vs Deb duel, I think it is definitely going to happen. I don't know how far it will go, but both have no one else to loose at this moment. I also kinda thought that Quinn and Deb had some energy going on there, I don't know...

Oh, I think the next season may very well start out with Dexter being behind bars - like someone else said, it is quite easy to think he killed Rita. Especially, if the whole story about his Mother and brother comes out into the public view.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1073878
Here's a little bit for that resolve:
Poor thing, getting snapped during a blink. I'll have to put that right with a better pic.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1073899' date='Dec 15 2009, 03:37 AM
Good point. It wouldn't be a surprise to find that Arthur set it up to look like Dex did it.
I thought that too, but then, when I watched the after show interview with Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow, they basically kind of denied that Trinity did it knowing anything about Dexter's past. I posted a link for the special somewhere in this thread btw if you haven't seen.

As for the good pic, I unfortunately can't comment, because I'm on my work comp and I can't view that image is she yawning in it?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1073914' date='Dec 15 2009, 10:52 AM
I thought that too, but then, when I watched the after show interview with Michael C. Hall and John Lithgow, they basically kind of denied that Trinity did it knowing anything about Dexter's past. I posted a link for the special somewhere in this thread btw if you haven't seen.

As for the good pic, I unfortunately can't comment, because I'm on my work comp and I can't view that image is she yawning in it?
I deliberately avoided that after-show interview. Too much risk of a spoiler. I even stopped reading your first sentence at the point where it says "they basically kind of"
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1073932' date='Dec 15 2009, 06:37 AM
I deliberately avoided that after-show interview. Too much risk of a spoiler. I even stopped reading your first sentence at the point where it says "they basically kind of"
Trust me, there was NO spoilers (or rim, coilovers, or even a euro sticker peeking through some masking tape!) - but you probably stopped reading by now, so...

BTW I'm looking at the pic of a very wholesome Holly from my home comp and I must say... she's quite testy - you know, as far as testing will-power is concerned