Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Dexter/Californication

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1073527' date='Dec 14 2009, 03:00 PM
Yea, Rita dying was such a crazy twist, and the last 2 minutes of the episode!!! Holy crap! but I hope dexter gives up the killing for his kids sake.

Reminded me of that Movie Seven, when Brad Pitt found out his wife was killed by Kevin Spacey and he shot him to death.
If Dexter gives up the killing, the show is over.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1073527
Freakin crazy Rita died! Its going to be a very odd season next year.. Pretty F'd that Dexter had indirectly killed both of Cody and Astor's parents. But even though hes a pretty bad parent, I don't think hes as bad as the parents on Californication! At least Dexter keeps everything hidden from the children.. haha

I thought the after the show discussion was awful! Summing up what happened, with very little insight..
Even weirder than that beard and haircut is when I catch Dexter making out with dudes in Six Feet Under reruns
EF Californication - they started out with a great 1st season and been in a tailspin since, basically. But this season pretty much convinced me that Duchovny can't help it, but be a douchebag - that's why I never liked X files.

And dude, you watch dudes making out? WTF
haha just kiddin

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1073533' date='Dec 14 2009, 03:06 PM
If Dexter gives up the killing, the show is over.
If he gives up killing, the show will go gay - Michael C. Hall already has experience making out with dudes, as BluedMan pointed out

Seriously though, I think Dexter will try to give it up, but he will not be able to control himself, because he will feel the need to avenge Rita. Trinity being dead, I think, will lead him to turn his destructive force on himself at some point, which should hopefully result in some kind of traumatic experience that will make him choose between staying alive for the sake of the kids or killing himself. And if he stays alive, other people will die

SHOW MUST GO ON!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Members

My Ride: V

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1073553' date='Dec 14 2009, 02:42 PM
And dude, you watch dudes making out? WTF
haha just kiddin
HAHAH not by choice!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Yea, he's probably going to try to give up but i'm sure a lot of crazy shiet will happen while doing that.

I believe its the 4th season right? and it'll probably be the last season for #5. Seems like all shows end well with 5 seasons. Anymore is just overkill or the show will start to go south.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1073553' date='Dec 14 2009, 03:42 PM
There is a whole 'nother story developing there too - I think Deborah is beginning to suspect that Dexter is somehow like his brother. I expect there to be a major development along this storyline.
Yes I think that Deb will begin to suspect that Dexter is a serial killer. Maybe Season 5 will be Dex v. Deb.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Members

I couldn't believe that happened to Rita. Dexter must be kicking himself for not letting Art commit suicide many shows ago, or killing him with the axe in the forest. Once he saw that Trinity was a bad person AND a bad parent, he should've stopped trying to learn from him and just kill the bastard. Would've saved a few lives if he would've acted more quickly, less selfishly.

And, won't they suspect Dexter for Rita's death? He can't have an alibi as he was killing someone else at the same time. Are none of these cops starting to figure out that Dexter isn't what he appears to be? Like 60% of the people he meets and/or hangs out with go missing, get kidnapped, die randomly, etc. Quinn is starting to expect, and maybe Deb, too, but not very quickly.

Good season again, but Dexter pissed me off just about every episode. Killing innocent people, not killing the worst serial killer ever for months, endangering everyone around him. His ghost dad is getting on my nerves, too, for that matter. I hope they show Dexter and Harry coming to fisticuffs next season. Maybe Dexter will try to kill his dead dad's ghost. Can you drug and slice a ghost?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

That was a great twist at the end. I have to admit, as bad as it might sound, I'm glad Rita got iced. She was a pain in the ass!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Members

I was about to write the same thing about Rita (she was unfaithful and a constant nag this past season), but my original post was already getting a little long.

I'm actually hoping the older kids go live with grandparents or something. Deb will then chip in to help Dexter raise the baby, find out Dex is a serial killer, and ultimately decide to help him kill instead of turn him in. But, with them being married in real life, and her being a slut on the show, let's hope it doesn't turn into anything more than that between them, even though incest (and not even by blood) is probably less offensive than serial killing to some/most.

I'm definitely coming back next season for more Dexter, which I guess is what the network was shooting for (or stabbing for, as it be).
Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

DAMN just watched it...rita was sexy as hell..
Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='1073581
Yes I think that Deb will begin to suspect that Dexter is a serial killer. Maybe Season 5 will be Dex v. Deb.
I think there definitely will be some kind of an ongoing conflict there. Too many variables to really tell for sure, but I hope that the show's ability to surprise maintains and gets stronger in the next season.

Originally Posted by Mavsfan2007' post='1073594
That was a great twist at the end. I have to admit, as bad as it might sound, I'm glad Rita got iced. She was a pain in the ass!
Aren't you that dude that knocked out snooki on Jersey Shore?