Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Death penalty

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007 | 04:30 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by Heelsonwheels' post='509115' date='Dec 21 2007, 02:23 PM
Thank you for what?
Charles Manson et al have been in prison for 33 yrs in Calif; Rehabilitated? no.
I guess they should move him to Sweden for rehab.
What was the point of keeping this person/animal alive?
Another deliberate misquote. Did I say that everyone gets out of prison here?
Old 12-21-2007 | 04:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='509117' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:30 AM
Another deliberate misquote. Did I say that everyone gets out of prison here?
Not at all...??? i quoted BOBcruz, not you.

But it would make for an interesting study, Similar to foreign exchange students, maybe we should try it with serial killers and the like. Maybe if Manson was in prison in Sweden, maybe he'd be rehabiliatated or a model prisoner after 33 yrs.
Old 12-21-2007 | 05:13 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by Heelsonwheels' post='509121' date='Dec 21 2007, 02:48 PM
But it would make for an interesting study, Similar to foreign exchange students, maybe we should try it with serial killers and the like. Maybe if Manson was in prison in Sweden, maybe he'd be rehabiliatated or a model prisoner after 33 yrs.
No, he is probably a product of your society. You can keep him, whoever he is.
Old 12-21-2007 | 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Black BMW 525i

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='509073' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:18 AM
It's my turn to be immature, though I won't resort to name calling. I like to call it being funny

In addition to pursuing a degree in law perhaps you should take some remedial spelling classes. The correct spelling is as follows...interpret. I would recommend you pick up a vintage Speak & Spell by Texas Instruments. You could even throw it in your briefcase.

I would love to give you an answer your to question. Tomorrow, when I go to the car wash, I will ask him just exactly what he would do. Unfortunately I didn't study Spanish and I'm fairly certain he doesn't speak English. Hopefully there will be someone there to translate.

How ironic is it that if you make it to the courtroom, witnesses have to swear on the Bible. That has to drive you crazy. I hope you will be able to contain yourself in the court room and refrain from calling them hypocrites.

BOB, Don't take things personal, I'm just having fun with you. I do value your opinion though we disagree on this issue. I sincerely wish you the best with your education and success in your future career.
Aside from my late night failure to double check my spelling, you still can't answer the question, can you? It's a pretty simple question, what we Jesus do with regard to the death penalty? And until you can answer it, your argument will be incomplete. In addition, please elaborate on the part that "you didn't study Spanish and I'm fairly certain he doesn't speak English." I do not understand that statement. I could easily take offense to it, so it's best to clarify. And be careful with your words, there's plenty of minority forum members who don't appreciate these types of stereotypes, you know like a Latino working at the car wash named Jesus. I know I wouldn't.
Old 12-21-2007 | 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='509125' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:13 AM
No, he is probably a product of your society. You can keep him, whoever he is.
Maybe, but it was hypothetical, but if there is a reason for capital punishment, he and the rest of his entourage defines it. btw..."my society"...?
Old 12-21-2007 | 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013
Thumbs down

Name:  gelb.gif
Views: 16
Size:  1.2 KB

Guys...

This is a debate we shouldn't have here on the forum.

We all are from different places and have different point of views!

There are no false or correct points of view.
We all have to accept that things are handled different in different countries.

Don't tell others how it is correct or wrong, don't tell others they are doing it correct or wrong.

AND: Don't take this thread to a personal level and attack or insult others.

I'd prefer if we just end this thread here and now, PLEASE!

Thank you.
Old 12-21-2007 | 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Good comment, Iceman.
Old 12-21-2007 | 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='509073
Aside from my late night failure to double check my spelling, you still can't answer the question, can you? It's a pretty simple question, what we Jesus do with regard to the death penalty? And until you can answer it, your argument will be incomplete. In addition, please elaborate on the part that "you didn't study Spanish and I'm fairly certain he doesn't speak English." I do not understand that statement. I could easily take offense to it, so it's best to clarify. And be careful with your words, there's plenty of minority forum members who don't appreciate these types of stereotypes, you know like a Latino working at the car wash named Jesus. I know I wouldn't.
BOB, BOB, BOB What's wrong with you man? More name calling? Calling me a racist is a very serious accusation, something I don't think anyone here appreciates :thumbsdown:

There is a guy who works at the car wash I frequent, his name is Jesus. Jesus loves me by the way. You wanted an answer to your question(What Would Jesus Do?), I said I would ask him. He is a very hard working and an honest stand up guy. I left some cash in my car once and he found it and gave it to me, as any honest person would do, regardless of their race. I let him keep the $100 bill he found. Unfortunately honest people of any race are getting harder and harder to come by these days. I know he speaks Spanish but I am not sure the country of his origin. I made no derogatory reference to anyones race. It's not in my character. This accusation you've made, calling me a racist, does indeed speak volumes as to your character. :thumbsdown:

You are trying to make me look like a racist but I'm sorry man, not happening. You are trying to play the race card as a last resort because you are frustrated. People like you often do this along with name calling. You have now called me a hypocrite and a racist by the way. I simply said I do not speak Spanish and that he does not speak English, meaning it would be tough for me to get the answer to the question you are obsessed with(What Would Jesus Do?)
So now "The Jesus" and I point our fingers at you ask that you apologize for calling me a racist because you are WAY out of line.
Old 12-21-2007 | 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='509200' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:14 PM
Attachment 42082

Guys...

This is a debate we shouldn't have here on the forum.

We all are from different places and have different point of views!

There are no false or correct points of view.
We all have to accept that things are handled different in different countries.

Don't tell others how it is correct or wrong, don't tell others they are doing it correct or wrong.

AND: Don't take this thread to a personal level and attack or insult others.

I'd prefer if we just end this thread here and now, PLEASE!

Thank you.
ICEMAN, you must have posted while I was responding to being called a racist by BOBUCRUZ. I will post no further to this thread.
Old 12-21-2007 | 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Thanks!

Yes, indeed I saw you posting once I was done with my post.

Please see this thread as CLOSED, before we have to use the close function.

Thanks again everyone, and happy holidays!

Name:  closed10.gif
Views: 7
Size:  520 Bytes

Quick Reply: Death penalty