Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congratulations to the United States of America

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Well, this thread has certainly gone down.

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772611
Ok I am just going to stick with the E60 duscussion. But really guys no one is going to change anyones mind. I have stopped talking about politics with people just because it gets you fed up and annoyed for nothing.
+1
Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Jimmy Carter II. No government has ever spent an economy into prosperity. Stupidity is not luck.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='773198' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:12 AM
You forgot to add Wall Street executives to that list!!!!
Are there any of them, anymore?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='773307' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:28 AM
you are brain washed, and army barmy.
since we are throwing rank around, i can trump you,
having served 12 years in the 2nd battalion the parachute regiment, with the rank of colour man, and seen conflicts in the falklands/iraq.northern ireland/ and numerous black opps, let me tell you that "our world" does not protect the others....there is more done by the pen than the sword, and fighting is the last resort....period.
you are blinkered, and living up to the sterio typical gung ho soldier, seen so often on TV .your new president is not just "your commander" as you keep harping on about...he is much more than that, politics will get you much further than punching a guy in the mouth.
but i suppose some of us have evolved quicker than others.

Keep telling yourself that when your own country allows muslims to call out for intifada and has even started recognizing sharia law to subset English law.

I may sound stereotypical, but your opinion of me means nothing. Congrats on being a jump chump. A nice throwback to WWII I suppose.

The pen is mightier than the sword is mentality is silly. The sword enforces what the pen dictates.

I cant really expect you to understand, youre government doesnt even have the balls to stand up to racist jihadis in their own country.

Good luck Colour Man.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Luke 13:30 'And behold, some are last who will be first.......'

Congratulations to the United States of America-auction.jpg

July 24th 1769, Charleston SC: "To be sold, on the 3rd day of August next, a cargo of 94 prime heathy negroes,......"

Congratulations to the United States of America-438px_emancipationproclamation.jpg

January 1st 1863, By the President of the United States of America, A Proclamation: "That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom........"

Congratulations to the United States of America-0afa0fd79dba4467b05144a6dd69c48a2.jpg

June 11th 1963, John F. Kennedy Civil Rights Address: "One hundred years of delay have passed since President Lincoln freed the slaves, yet their heirs, their grandsons, are not fully free. They are not yet freed from the bonds of injustice. They are not yet freed from social and economic oppression. And this Nation, for all its hopes and all its boasts, will not be fully free until all its citizens are free.
We preach freedom around the world, and we mean it, and we cherish our freedom here at home, but are we to say to the world, and much more importantly, to each other that this is the land of the free except for the Negroes; that we have no second-class citizens except Negroes; that we have no class or caste system, no ghettoes, no master race except with respect to Negroes?........"

Congratulations to the United States of America-martinlutherkingihavedreaml.jpg

August 28th 1963, Martin Luther King jr : "....I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: (We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.)....I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Congratulations to the United States of America-800px_lyndon_johnson_signing_civil_rights_act__2_july__1964.jpg

March 15th 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson; "I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of Democracy. I urge every member of both parties, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.
At times, history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was last week in Selma, Alabama. There, long suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many of them were brutally assaulted. One good man--a man of God--was killed.
Congratulations to the United States of America-cost1.jpg
.....But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of America itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, or our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved nation. The issue of equal rights for American Negroes is such an issue....."

Congratulations to the United States of America-politicallunch_politicallunch082908obamaacceptancespeech833.png

November 4th 2008, President-Elect Barack H. Obama jr: ".....This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight's about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing: Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old. She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons: because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin. And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in America -- the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes we can...."

================================================-============

But of course, what happened yesterday was no big deal.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

well done brother Phill !!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Nice Phil!! I may not agree with some of his political views but it was an exciting day for sure. Unfortunately he has stepped into a real shit show! Pardon the language...
Old 01-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Phil, you're dead on, and that's a great post. Yesterday was a big deal for many reasons, and one of the most important reasons was the one that you highlight.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='773994' date='Jan 21 2009, 04:07 PM
Luke 13:30 'And behold, some are last who will be first.......'

Attachment 70050

July 24th 1769, Charleston SC: "To be sold, on the 3rd day of August next, a cargo of 94 prime heathy negroes,......"

Attachment 70051

January 1st 1863, By the President of the United States of America, A Proclamation: "That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom........"

Attachment 70052

June 11th 1963, John F. Kennedy Civil Rights Address: "One hundred years of delay have passed since President Lincoln freed the slaves, yet their heirs, their grandsons, are not fully free. They are not yet freed from the bonds of injustice. They are not yet freed from social and economic oppression. And this Nation, for all its hopes and all its boasts, will not be fully free until all its citizens are free.
We preach freedom around the world, and we mean it, and we cherish our freedom here at home, but are we to say to the world, and much more importantly, to each other that this is the land of the free except for the Negroes; that we have no second-class citizens except Negroes; that we have no class or caste system, no ghettoes, no master race except with respect to Negroes?........"

Attachment 70053

August 28th 1963, Martin Luther King jr : "....I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: (We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.)....I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Attachment 70056

March 15th 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson; "I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of Democracy. I urge every member of both parties, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.
At times, history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was last week in Selma, Alabama. There, long suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many of them were brutally assaulted. One good man--a man of God--was killed.
Attachment 70058
.....But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of America itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, or our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved nation. The issue of equal rights for American Negroes is such an issue....."

Attachment 70057

November 4th 2008, President-Elect Barack H. Obama jr: ".....This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one that's on my mind tonight's about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. She's a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing: Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old. She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons: because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin. And tonight, I think about all that she's seen throughout her century in America -- the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes we can...."

================================================-============

But of course, what happened yesterday was no big deal.
Phill, Nice work there!!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='772620' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:03 PM
Good luck to all you Americans, I hope someone can finaly lead your country in the modern day with a modern attitude towards foreign affairs, IMHO Bill has been your only president in the recent past that has not managed to force the whole world against you - which is a real shame, again IMHO and very best of luck .
yeah this guy is right, we are stupids, why we have to help out so many countrys,thats why they hate us so bad, why people wants to come to the land of the freedom, even the homeless have a cell phone, we are such a bad nation

Quick Reply: Congratulations to the United States of America