Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Concelealed carry and your E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDN' post='402705' date='Mar 14 2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe. But when the door is opened, the Glock may not be concealed. Also, it may be accessed by unauthorized persons which could cause a problem. Not meaning to be critical, but do believe you need to consider the downside of your choice. Maybe if you had a lock box for storing store when you weren't in the car. There are some neat ones out there.
If I don't take it with me I lock it in the trunk. If I had a lock box a thief would just take the box anyway.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by VTbound' post='402642' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:58 AM
This is probably not such a great idea, if you get stopped it could cause you or the officer stopping you some undo stress.

I prefer to keep a weapon on my person (and yes, this is perfectly legal in NYC). Occasionally for long drives it goes in the armrest for comfort but I make sure that I don't keep my regi or ins there as well and if pulled over I inform the officer immediatly.

On the topic of this thread thanks for not censoring it.
Not being a weapon owner or expert by any means, if you are stopped shouldn't you immediately inform the officer that you in fact have a weapon, whether it is on your person or in the door? The location seems less important than the fact that you inform them and they know about it. If you don't and they then discover it (legal or not) would definitely cause undo stress...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='402767' date='Mar 14 2007, 08:21 PM
If I don't take it with me I lock it in the trunk. If I had a lock box a thief would just take the box anyway.
Would someting like this

http://www.autosafe.co.uk/

be of interest?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by das' post='401993' date='Mar 12 2007, 10:29 PM
I think the reaction here is indicative of why he chose to post as he did. We don't have any firm/enforced policies against multiple accounts, as long as they are not being used for abuse, spam, trolling, attacking other members, and so on.

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave because someone is asking a question about weapon storage in E60, but we're not going to stifle discussion here unless it's abusive or illegal. We've had a long policy of letting discussions stand (as long as it is not personally attacking another member; and yes, this has no doubt happened plenty of times, and when we miss it and are otherwise informed of it - even if it's just one complaint - we do act).

If it turns out that this person is trolling, trying to get a reaction from people, or has any other purpose than legitimately asking this question, rest assured, it will be dealt with accordingly.

As an ex UK law officer, and one who at one time was authorised to use a handgun, the idea of guns being carried by the general population scares the beejeebers out of me.

But a discussion never hurt anybody, congrats on keeping the thread open, in the circumstances it was a legit question and deserves a ligit response.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I think BMW has the perfect solution, but I don't know if they sell to private persons, maybe only to the government:

Concelealed carry and your E60-27a.jpg
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='402786' date='Mar 14 2007, 03:56 PM
Not being a weapon owner or expert by any means, if you are stopped shouldn't you immediately inform the officer that you in fact have a weapon, whether it is on your person or in the door? The location seems less important than the fact that you inform them and they know about it. If you don't and they then discover it (legal or not) would definitely cause undo stress...
Good advice, Ken. That is a requirement of having the concealed handgun license in Texas. I regularly show the officer the license and tell him where the closest gun is for openers regardless of what state I am in. That is part of my routine along with some other stuff that has kept me ticket free for the last twenty years (along with my V1). Now, in NJ, I wouldn't be carrying.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Yes, that's what I meant. It is also a requirement here in NY to inform the officer immediatly. Having the weapon in "plain sight" is illegal.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='402786' date='Mar 14 2007, 01:56 PM
I agree.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

As a response to all of the questions above.

Every state varies on concealed weapon permits. When I lived in Georgia I had a concealed weapon permit. In VA classes were involved to get the permit. NJ does not allow it at all. It allows to 'carry' a handgun.

Concealed is very simple. If the gun cannot be seen, it is considered 'concealed'. If you have a gun sitting on the passanger seat of your car and it is covered by a magazine or newspaper, this is considered a concealed weapon. So even a gun in the glove compartment is techincally concealed. This term is pretty universal in all 50 states.

In most every situation 'transporting' a gun it has to be unloaeded and locked securely. It also has to have the ammo no in the same container. This also allows for transport in checked luggage on airplanes. Although you have to remember that you may have to have a permit in the state you are travelling to.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='402019' date='Mar 12 2007, 07:22 PM
Shouldn't this be in the DYI Forum?
Not to nit pick or or take issuw with the Moderators here, but should this not belong in the DIY forum? Is the touchy topic have you folks scared? There are plenty of mods that are more illegal than this discussion.

Quick Reply: Concelealed carry and your E60