Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Concelealed carry and your E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate everyones input and willingness to answer. I wasn't aware of BMW's involvement in armored/protected vehicles and will take a look at that site and make conctact, if necessary. I'll also take a look at the leatherZ site for custome options. An under the seat solution might fit best.

Thanks to all and especially the admins for keeping the thread open.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Contributors

I keep my weapon on the back of the passenger seat. Easy reach for me and no one can see it.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='402390' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:51 PM
I keep my weapon on the back of the passenger seat. Easy reach for me and no one can see it.
When carrying one I keep it in the holster and wear the jacket so it remains concealed.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

I have a black holster and an 11 shot 9mm Glock that I carry in the driver's door compartment. My interior is black as is the weapon.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='402439' date='Mar 13 2007, 07:37 PM
I have a black holster and an 11 shot 9mm Glock that I carry in the driver's door compartment. My interior is black as is the weapon.
Does the Peoples Republic of California allow concealed carry permits?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='402471' date='Mar 13 2007, 06:53 PM
Does the Peoples Republic of California allow concealed carry permits?
Yes they do allow it.. You just have to apply for one
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by jessejames' post='401951' date='Mar 12 2007, 05:12 PM
I decided to register another screen name to protect my existing one since I'm asking questions that may not jive with forum members beliefs on weapons and the right to carry.

My issue is I recently purchased an E60 and, due to the limited space, haven't had a lot of luck properly securing and concealing my weapon. The glove compartment is not an adequate solution since the time to remove is too long. I'm wondering if anyone on this board may have had any better luck with this solution. I'm considering using one of my ankle bands under the seat but not real sure if that's viable since I haven't examined it yet.

Please keep in mind, I don't want this to turn into a debate over the merits of concealed weapons nor do I want to defend the issue. As a former law enforcement officer and retired military, I've done that way too much.

Any ideas?
I'm getting into this discussion a little late, but do have a couple of ideas. I haven't tried this yet, but I think a Glock27 or something of that size would fit into the pocket in the back of the passenger seat. If you're not right-handed, then I'd suggest an ankle holster on your right ankle. One of the real issues you face (liability-wise) would occur if someone broke into the vehicle or stole it, and took your unlocked and presumably loaded handgun. I think the only way you can avoid that is to take it with you whenever you leave the car, and that's something you're probably trying to avoid. In some states it's a felony offense to leave a loaded weapon in a car, and in others having a loaded weapon anywhere except on your person breaks the law.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

This is probably not such a great idea, if you get stopped it could cause you or the officer stopping you some undo stress.

I prefer to keep a weapon on my person (and yes, this is perfectly legal in NYC). Occasionally for long drives it goes in the armrest for comfort but I make sure that I don't keep my regi or ins there as well and if pulled over I inform the officer immediatly.

On the topic of this thread thanks for not censoring it.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by VTbound' post='402642' date='Mar 14 2007, 08:58 AM
This is probably not such a great idea, if you get stopped it could cause you or the officer stopping you some undo stress.

I prefer to keep a weapon on my person (and yes, this is perfectly legal in NYC). Occasionally for long drives it goes in the armrest for comfort but I make sure that I don't keep my regi or ins there as well and if pulled over I inform the officer immediatly.

On the topic of this thread thanks for not censoring it.
Being that the weapon, holster and interior of my car is black plus the area where the weapon is is blocked from view, I feel it is a safe place to carry the weapon.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtp1947' post='402652' date='Mar 14 2007, 11:22 AM
Being that the weapon, holster and interior of my car is black plus the area where the weapon is is blocked from view, I feel it is a safe place to carry the weapon.
Maybe. But when the door is opened, the Glock may not be concealed. Also, it may be accessed by unauthorized persons which could cause a problem. Not meaning to be critical, but do believe you need to consider the downside of your choice. Maybe if you had a lock box for storing store when you weren't in the car. There are some neat ones out there.

Quick Reply: Concelealed carry and your E60