Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Concelealed carry and your E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by whentmets' post='401991' date='Mar 12 2007, 04:25 PM
Das,

I would agree with you as long as "JesseJames" had the guts to post the question with his own identity and not hiding behind a new ID.

Credit to everyone responded with their own IDs. At least they didn't hide.

It was a pleasure visiting this site for as long as it lasted.

Good luck to the rest of you and enjoy your cars.
I think the reaction here is indicative of why he chose to post as he did. We don't have any firm/enforced policies against multiple accounts, as long as they are not being used for abuse, spam, trolling, attacking other members, and so on.

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave because someone is asking a question about weapon storage in E60, but we're not going to stifle discussion here unless it's abusive or illegal. We've had a long policy of letting discussions stand (as long as it is not personally attacking another member; and yes, this has no doubt happened plenty of times, and when we miss it and are otherwise informed of it - even if it's just one complaint - we do act).

If it turns out that this person is trolling, trying to get a reaction from people, or has any other purpose than legitimately asking this question, rest assured, it will be dealt with accordingly.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Shouldn't this be in the DYI Forum?
Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by whentmets' post='401991' date='Mar 12 2007, 06:25 PM
Das,

I would agree with you as long as "JesseJames" had the guts to post the question with his own identity and not hiding behind a new ID.

Credit to everyone responded with their own IDs. At least they didn't hide.

It was a pleasure visiting this site for as long as it lasted.

Good luck to the rest of you and enjoy your cars.

Geeze, are you that much of a wuss in real life? Does all the T&A jokes and post offend you equally? Lighten up a little.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Members

I had a funny feeling I may get a few critical responses which is why I chose to post under a new alias. I've made a lot of friends on this board and have had many great discussions relating to the cars. It is interesting to see how people react when the subject turns to weapons since it's really a hot button topic.

I really appreciate the mods keeping the topic open but if others on the forum would prefer it closed then that's fine by me.

As far as my reasons for carrying, they are both personal and professional. I hope none of the members here ever have to be involved or see what I've seen over the years and my hope was someone with similar experience may be able to weigh in.

My apologies if I've offended anyone and maybe this question is better asked on another site.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

i think people should only post on this thread if they have infomation on how to conceal a weapon in the E60s. JesseJames didnt ask what everyone thinks about it. He asked if anyone has done it before so please post only if you have info on this subject. If you guys want to share your thoughts on the subject of weapons please start your own thread. I mean he is a retired law enforcement officer so he has the right to carry a concealed weapon. If I asked this question then maybe you guys have the right to say all the stuff you guys are saying. Bottomline please post only if you have info on this subject. Thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Cannot add very much to the picture and address that das has posted, except to say that given the interest that BMW seems to have in armoured vehicles and customising cars for police forces (at least in Germany and the UK), it may be worthwhile asking them directly - either through BMW NA or in Germany (the IDS division). If you have professional reasons for doing that, I'm sure they will be responsive.

Good luck.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:13 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='402030' date='Mar 12 2007, 06:45 PM
i think people should only post on this thread if they have infomation on how to conceal a weapon in the E60s. JesseJames didnt ask what everyone thinks about it. He asked if anyone has done it before so please post only if you have info on this subject. If you guys want to share your thoughts on the subject of weapons please start your own thread. I mean he is a retired law enforcement officer so he has the right to carry a concealed weapon. If I asked this question then maybe you guys have the right to say all the stuff you guys are saying. Bottomline please post only if you have info on this subject. Thanks
Fair enough, Ice, and I apologize if I overstepped these guidelines. So, in addition to what I carry on my person, I also often carry another under the heavy rubber BMW floor mats under my right heel. I only carry legal firearms within the laws of the state I am in.

Places not to carry are anywhere unauthorized persons may have access or any place you will be reaching for ID or registration papers if stopped and asked for ID. I also have a routine that I go through when stopped that has let me get by with only warnings, no tickets. I won't go into that here, but have posted it a couple of times in the last three years.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Contributors

Well my only idea of concealing a weapon in the E60 and allowing for quick draw, would be getting a holster or something attached to the bottom of the steering coloumn, not directly, but near the little cubby by the door, maybe under it. I hope you understand what I'm saying, I'm not saying attach it to the bottom of your steering wheel. But somewhere near the footwell lighting area, easy reach, and practically 100 percent out of view. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Contributors

I believe Andy at LeatherZ.com made some cargo boxes to fit under the seats of an E46. He's pretty good with making custom templates so he might be able to fashion a set for an E60. I never looked to see if my E46 boxes fit the E60 (unlikely).

Other than that, given the getaway power of our E60s, unless you want to seriously make a point, a small caliber handgun like a baby browning in the center arm rest should fit. Quick, easy reach, and given the small caliber of the weapon it's an easy to convey it as a self-defense purpose only.

Disclaimer. IANAL and I don't carry weapons with me. Well, at least not the kind that go 'bang'
Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Originally Posted by JDN' post='402096' date='Mar 12 2007, 08:13 PM
Fair enough, Ice, and I apologize if I overstepped these guidelines. So, in addition to what I carry on my person, I also often carry another under the heavy rubber BMW floor mats under my right heel. I only carry legal firearms within the laws of the state I am in.

Places not to carry are anywhere unauthorized persons may have access or any place you will be reaching for ID or registration papers if stopped and asked for ID. I also have a routine that I go through when stopped that has let me get by with only warnings, no tickets. I won't go into that here, but have posted it a couple of times in the last three years.
No apology needed .. I just want every member to feel like they can ask questions on this great forum of ours and not have to worry about being attacked or feel like they need to hide their real forum name.. I'm sure you feel the same way JDN

Quick Reply: Concelealed carry and your E60