Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Concelealed carry and your E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to register another screen name to protect my existing one since I'm asking questions that may not jive with forum members beliefs on weapons and the right to carry.

My issue is I recently purchased an E60 and, due to the limited space, haven't had a lot of luck properly securing and concealing my weapon. The glove compartment is not an adequate solution since the time to remove is too long. I'm wondering if anyone on this board may have had any better luck with this solution. I'm considering using one of my ankle bands under the seat but not real sure if that's viable since I haven't examined it yet.

Please keep in mind, I don't want this to turn into a debate over the merits of concealed weapons nor do I want to defend the issue. As a former law enforcement officer and retired military, I've done that way too much.

Any ideas?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

You sound like too tough of an hombre for this gentlemanly forum. Why don't you take it up on the NRA site? Leave this place to discussing our beloved vehicles.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jessejames' post='401951' date='Mar 12 2007, 09:12 PM
I decided to register another screen name to protect my existing one since I'm asking questions that may not jive with forum members beliefs on weapons and the right to carry.

My issue is I recently purchased an E60 and, due to the limited space, haven't had a lot of luck properly securing and concealing my weapon. The glove compartment is not an adequate solution since the time to remove is too long. I'm wondering if anyone on this board may have had any better luck with this solution. I'm considering using one of my ankle bands under the seat but not real sure if that's viable since I haven't examined it yet.

Please keep in mind, I don't want this to turn into a debate over the merits of concealed weapons nor do I want to defend the issue. As a former law enforcement officer and retired military, I've done that way too much.

Any ideas?
Your right not our place to comment. But as a retired (recently) UK Police officer what a scary topic.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Members

WWaaaaaa! Don't worry about those whiners Jesse! Methinks you gonna hafta carry it on your person! Celebrate our right to own and bear arms!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

firstly, I don't believe this post belongs in this forum.

secondly, why do you need to remove it that fast?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by jessejames' post='401951' date='Mar 12 2007, 11:12 PM
Any ideas?
You do need some help!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Biff Malibu' post='401957' date='Mar 12 2007, 04:22 PM
WWaaaaaa! Don't worry about those whiners Jesse! Methinks you gonna hafta carry it on your person! Celebrate our right to own and bear arms!
Absolutely. Right of self defense and defense of property is basic back to Cicero, the English BOR, etc.

My recommendation would be to get a CHL and carry in a strong arm front trousers pocket holster.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I don't see this thread lasting very long before the admins close it...
Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

I'd like to make a couple of statements on this thread.

First, this thread won't be closed (unless it turns out it needs to be closed), as it is a legitimate question, and I would appreciate it as well if this could be restricted to the topic at hand, and not issues of gun control and concealed weapons.

Second, this question is appropriate for this forum, as the poster is inquiring whether members here have specific experience with weapon storage in E60 in particular.

Finally, remember that some members here may have a legal right - and for some, even a legal requirement - to carry a weapon on their person, or in their personal vehicle. As such, this is again a legitimate question.

Even BMW itself makes accommodations for military, government, and police use of vehicles, which include weapon storage.

http://www.bmw-ids.com/index_s.html

For example:

Concelealed carry and your E60-27a.jpg
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2006

Das,

I would agree with you as long as "JesseJames" had the guts to post the question with his own identity and not hiding behind a new ID.

Credit to everyone responded with their own IDs. At least they didn't hide.

It was a pleasure visiting this site for as long as it lasted.

Good luck to the rest of you and enjoy your cars.

Quick Reply: Concelealed carry and your E60