Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Can we start a campaign

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Anyone want to start a campaign to teach all drivers in the U.S.A. to KEEP OUT of the left lane (unless turning left) if they are driving the speed limit or 5+ mph over the speed limit?

How do we leverage the Internet to get the message out to all drivers that:
  • Don't drive on the left lane if you are driving along with the traffic or 5+ mph above speed limit
  • Always be attentive in the left lane; move over when someone (in a BMW or any car) is coming up behind you fast.
  • When someone flashes you in the left lane, move over or speed up quickly and get out of the way.
Anybody want to add to the list? Please be reasonable and feel free to vent your frustration at people who are turtles in the wrong lane.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Our system here in Germany works pretty good.

You ALLWAYS have to use the farest RIGHT lane!
The lanes on the left are there for overtaking only!
No one is allowed to stay in the left lane, only for the overtaking.
Even if you are driving the allowed speed limit you don't have the right to stay in the left lane when there is room on the right.

This system works pretty good, allthough there are allways f*cksticks doing it wrong.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='430899' date='Jun 1 2007, 04:52 PM

Even if you are driving the allowed speed limit you don't have the right to stay in the left lane when there is room on the right.

This system works pretty good, allthough there are allways f*cksticks doing it wrong.
Hah! That's how the system is supposed to work here as well. We just have more f*cksticks!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Well in the state of Pennsylvania, the law states that you -cannot- cruise in the left lane... at any speed. You may only enter the left lane to pass another vehicle (or vehicles), after which you must switch back to the right lane.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Members

I have my own campaign. It's called tailgating while honking my horn, flashing my lights, and using some distinguished hand signals (just joking)

OT: I also live in New Orleans (actually Northshore). The traffic here has gotten terrible since Hurricane Katrina and there are more left-lane campers more than ever now.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='430929' date='Jun 1 2007, 07:18 PM
Hah! That's how the system is supposed to work here as well. We just have more f*cksticks!
Evidently far more, Ken. The gas mileage problems seem to have increased the problem.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='430899' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:52 PM

Really? The first time I hear this. When my dad drives on the autobahn he drives on the left lane very often. Clear that I thougt you just have to move right when you see this:

Old 06-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sese' post='431369' date='Jun 3 2007, 02:03 PM
Really? The first time I hear this. When my dad drives on the autobahn he drives on the left lane very often. Clear that I thougt you just have to move right when you see this:

Yep, I'm serious.

That's the law. And: NO overtaking on the right at any time and any speed! The minimum distance between your vehicle and the one that you are following has to be half of the tach's shown speed in metres. This means, when driving at 100 Km/h you have to leave 50 metres room in front of you, that's 100 metres when doing 200 Km/h. Now, how can you determine the distance? The white poles on the right are 50 metres apart from each other, a dash is 6 metres long and the space in between the dashes is 12 metres.
We do learn some strange s*it in driving school, do we?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='431476' date='Jun 3 2007, 09:59 PM
We do learn some strange s*it in driving school, do we?
Oh yeah we do

click me

(sorry, it's only in German)
Old 06-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

That's funny.

Quick Reply: Can we start a campaign