Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Busted at work!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think about this. You stay late at work to make impression to your boss that you work hard. Well, you don't have to do that. All you need to do is to complete the task on time or ahead of schedule with quality. In other words, do the best at work and be efficient. That way you are not afraid of lay-off when company is trying to cut "fat" unless the company shut down the product line and/or outsource.
You work too hard and long hour for the company, and do you think the company would think and care for you if it run out of money? NO!
Why don't you spend long hour with your wife and kid(s) at home? They will care and be there with you when you're in any tight situation. Time spend with the family and kid(s) will pass forever and you'll never be able to buy back those valuable time.
One of my colleague once mentioned in the email that "I won't be able to do this after 5pm because today is my daughter birthday" and she's Caucasian American. Now you see that Causasian American care more for their family than work.
What about other minorities? They care more for their job than their family.
Something to think about.
I'm not saying that you should not care about your job, but just do your best at work and don't have to spend long hour at work. Care and spend more time with your family because they're the only one who'll be with you for the rest of your life in all situation.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you spend late hours at work your boss will think you are slow and unable to perform the task on time . Do the best that you can within the time frame you are given. If it requires you to work extra then tell your boss. At my work I would have to approach my boss and ask him to approve my overtime hours since it's time and a half. It would kill our budget for the project if we keep doing overtime.

I know..I know.. no matter how fast you are and how you always produce good quality you are always going to fall short of your boss's expectations. Sometimes good quality work goes unnoticed, especially from your boss.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

well.......I work for an *hole......but he understands my infatuation with the E60...

Did I mention that I'm self-employed??
Old 04-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Sounds like you need 'StealthSwich' http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/76ed/

Busted at work!-stealthswitch.jpg
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Well, things are changing a bit. Everyone is being moved around this Friday. I checked out my new digs, the layout is much better! At least I will be able to see people walking towards me. I am somewhat trying to scale back my time spent on e60 while at work. It's kinda working but slowly. I guess I'll have to go through the 7 steps to quit (not totally quit ) starting with the first step: Admit the addiction. "Hi, my name is jiio. I have an addiction. It's e60.net"
Old 04-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know..I know.. no matter how fast you are and how you always produce good quality you are always going to fall short of your boss's expectations. Sometimes good quality work goes unnoticed, especially from your boss.
When things go smoothly, people see you do nothing. They just assume that the product is good by itself. But, when you break something, you're a scandal celebrity
Old 04-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Well here in Hong Kong, we don't get overtime. We just get a deadline and we have to meet it, usually the deadline are really tight so you have no choice but to work overtime.

Yeah family, I would like to spend more time with but is quite different working in US/Canada then working in Hong Kong.

Having said all that I need to find a new job that pays enough so I can support the car, while keeping up with mortgage, while having some left over for retirement. Also work 5 days a week with 8 working hours each day. If there's such a job in HK please let me know.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Senior Members

If you have a good boss and are good at your job - then no-one worries about the small stuff.

If your boss is an idiot (or you are) then people get into timewatching and micro-management bullshit.

I have NEVER worked weekends and NEVER will.

I NEVER start before 9:00 (apart from when travelling to meetings etc..) and I never work later than 7:00 (in fact I'm known to slope of at 5:00pm).

But... so since I have an easy job and am smarter than the average bear ... I make sure what needs to be done ... gets done .... so everyone is happy
Old 04-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='268413' date='Apr 13 2006, 04:16 PM
If you have a good boss and are good at your job - then no-one worries about the small stuff.

If your boss is an idiot (or you are) then people get into timewatching and micro-management bullshit.

I have NEVER worked weekends and NEVER will.

I NEVER start before 9:00 (apart from when travelling to meetings etc..) and I never work later than 7:00 (in fact I'm known to slope of at 5:00pm).

But... so since I have an easy job and am smarter than the average bear ... I make sure what needs to be done ... gets done .... so everyone is happy
Are you Yogi Bear
Old 04-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='268429' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:05 AM
Are you Yogi Bear
It depends - are you booboo ?

Quick Reply: Busted at work!